Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon + Queens (Aegon Championship) Ballots [Anyone going to these events?] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon + Queens (Aegon Championship) Ballots [Anyone going to these events?]

(Read 9243 times)
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

As I have an anniversary to celebrate next year, I wanted to reward myself with tickets. As I am from abroad, I cannot queue up spontaneously. Therefore this thread might help me in my decision. Queens sounds like a good alternative to Wimbledon where the ticket chances seem to be rather low. My favourite is actually the WTF as I reckon I can get tickets more easily. Yet I was a little deterred after last month's impressions at the O2. From what I saw on TV and what some "eye-witnesses" wrote here on MW I would not want to sit among all those Fed worshippers and see Andy in front of a hostile crowd. I really have to make up my mind.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

cp don't be put off by the horrible SF at WTF.  I love the WTF - wonderful atmosphere [other than smugfed, swiss-flag waving fans] and you are seeing the best players in the world.  You can also see them practise. 
So if I had to choose, I'd choose WTF if only for the excitement.
Tickets for court 1 at Queens weren't that expensive but of course you won't see Andy on it (unless in dubs possibly).  And it is nice to be so close to the action on that court.  So like bbh I enjoyed it.  Prices for centre will be higher and of course much higher for finals.  But last year I was v lucky as the final was delayed till the monday and they were selling tickets really cheap so I got to see Andy win for virtually nothing.

What I hated this year was overhearing some of the hooray henries doing andy down.  I can still remember listening to a horrible young man gleefully reporting into his mobile that Andy had lost - while also saying he wasn't watching the tennis (which he clearly found boring) but was quaffing free booze. 
Both wtf and queens are really easy to get to.
IP Logged
jillypops

Thanks . I posted that link in original thread. In terms of expense I'm more meaning the expense of the whole day out.

Apologies  I missed that on your original post.
As I said previously I think the tickets  are just so expensive, and if you eat there the food is too, better to take your own picnic, I suppose I am lucky I can get the Underground to the venue, again if you do the park and ride it is something like £20 to park for the day.
I suppose I am getting old, well I am old, but in days gone by Queens use to be like a Garden Party, the players were more accessible etc, I remember  one time there was a bomb scare and we all had to go over to the end of the practice courts, and Todd Woodbridge managed to hit my friend with his tennis shoes, Goran, Rat Rafter etc all wandered over with the crowd.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

OMG First time entering the Wimbledon ballot and I've only just been successful in getting   CENTRE COURT TICKETS FOR THE SECOND MONDAY!
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

jaw
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

I'm going to enter at my tennis club in the hope of getting tickets for Centre for the second straight year. Only 90 people enter and 35 get a ticket so I have a chance.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

OMG First time entering the Wimbledon ballot and I've only just been successful in getting   CENTRE COURT TICKETS FOR THE SECOND MONDAY!

Well done  yay
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Wonderful news Prodigy, might see you there if I manage to get a ticket in the ballot I'm entering.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Well done! Smile That's about the ideal day to go - R4 matches, so should be lots of competitive tennis to watch.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

I went on the first Friday last year and saw Benneteau giving Federer an absolute beating for 2 hours. Absolute entertainment.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

And then he choked Surprised
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Right on bruv.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Have you announced your good news on MensTennisForum. lol
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Have you announced your good news on MensTennisForum. lol

Nope.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

OMG First time entering the Wimbledon ballot and I've only just been successful in getting   CENTRE COURT TICKETS FOR THE SECOND MONDAY!
ooh lucky you prodigyeng - perhaps it's your reward from the tennis gods for opening up O2 ahead of time for the rest of us!  Though of course last year they put Andy on court 1 that day!  Not heard anything from the ballot myself though 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »