Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Murray in 3 - 4 (6%)
Murray in 4 - 26 (38.8%)
Murray in 5 - 24 (35.8%)
Federer in 3 - 6 (9%)
Federer in 4 - 6 (9%)
Federer in 5 - 1 (1.5%)
Total Voters: 67

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 119 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer

(Read 22913 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1665 on: July 08, 2012, 10:07 PM »

Can I just say how pathetic the crowd were.  They only got involved when they realised that Fed was serving for the Championships.  Britain doesn't deserve Andy.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1666 on: July 08, 2012, 10:09 PM »

What Andy now needs to do is to lose the French Open final. Then he will have the full set having lost in the final of all the Slams. Not many players can have claimed to do that!
. Some people just have to put the boot in . He has had an amazing Wimbeldon , and all the doubters will have to eat thier words soon.  I hope Andy dosnt read things on this site some times !!!!
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1667 on: July 08, 2012, 10:10 PM »

At least he's reaffirmed his top 4 spot. He gets 1200 points (600 more than last year?) and is back into 4th place in the race to London. He is the junior member of the Big 4 but is a member nonetheless. And must be the best player never to have won a Slam.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1668 on: July 08, 2012, 10:12 PM »

. Some people just have to put the boot in . He has had an amazing Wimbeldon , and all the doubters will have to eat thier words soon.  I hope Andy dosnt read things on this site some times !!!!

But I think that would be a fantastic achievement to lose in all 4 Slam finals.
IP Logged
steve bywaters
Junior

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1669 on: July 08, 2012, 10:16 PM »

And that's all I am saying - Andy lost his confidence after the 2nd set and that long game in the 3rd set where he finally failed to hold his serve did the final damage to his confidence. If he was still on serve in the 3rd set and felt as confident as he felt in the previous rounds, then Federer wasn't going to go away with it. I am sure both Federer and his fans felt they were in big trouble during the 2nd set. Even in the 3rd set, until the break happened, I am sure it wasn't a very comforting situation for either party. and it was dead even Things then dramatically changed after that. Andy needed an extra gear to make a comeback in the 4th set but the confidence was already shattered and he just couldn't put it back together.

Murray's serving stats were the best in the tournament, til sets 3/4.
Probably 2 weeks finally caught up with him physically but if he'd served solid it wouldnt have mattered what Federer did Murray would now be Champion. Thats how important the serve is.
His 1st Slam could turn out to be the US Open next month,on his preferred  hardcourt, if he can just improve his 2nd serve a tad more?
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1670 on: July 08, 2012, 10:18 PM »

Did anyone else think Pippa and Kate looked absolutely gorgeous today? Drop dead gorgeous both.
IP Logged
ausia
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1671 on: July 08, 2012, 10:21 PM »

i didn't know that i could become even more depressed...
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1672 on: July 08, 2012, 10:33 PM »

Thing is

Murray's serving stats were the best in the tournament, til sets 3/4.
Probably 2 weeks finally caught up with him physically but if he'd served solid it wouldnt have mattered what Federer did Murray would now be Champion. Thats how important the serve is.
His 1st Slam could turn out to be the US Open next month,on his preferred  hardcourt, if he can just improve his 2nd serve a tad more?

Thing is even when Andy got in a 1st serve Fed was often blocking it deep back into play. It wasn't the same as against Ferrer and Tsonga. Then when he got in a 1st serve it was often  winner or resulted in a winner the next stroke.  Fed was returning at a completely higher level to anything Andy had played against so far. But even so his service games were often a struggle and that was due to too many missed 1st serves. Its a shame that on his biggest match ever his 1st service percentage dropped. He needed to be at 65% or above in my opinion to have a chance.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1673 on: July 08, 2012, 10:37 PM »

Can I just say how pathetic the crowd were.  They only got involved when they realised that Fed was serving for the Championships.  Britain doesn't deserve Andy.

i thought the crowd took a while I mean in that 20 minute game in the 3rd they could have helped him a bit more...might have just pulled him though that game, and if he had...he'd have had a great shot at that 3rd set I knew it was the match when he lost it.

The crowd in the 4th were fantastic and at the end again really great i think Andy was humbled by it and really appreciated it. He will get even more support next year for sure, he has been welcomed into may peoples hearts.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1674 on: July 08, 2012, 10:38 PM »

Nole won AO  Nadal won RG  Fed won Wimby.... Murray .. US open? Very Happy  always believe
USO is for Andy!
IP Logged
jeanie1953
Junior

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1675 on: July 08, 2012, 10:39 PM »

i didn't know that i could become even more depressed...
Go play with the buses.......
IP Logged
jeanie1953
Junior

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1676 on: July 08, 2012, 10:39 PM »

Sorry meant that for Bluenose
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1677 on: July 08, 2012, 10:40 PM »

Nasty.
Shocking of you Bignose, never thought you would turn on Andy like that.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1678 on: July 08, 2012, 10:43 PM »

Nasty.
Shocking of you Bignose, never thought you would turn on Andy like that.

Lighten up you numpty. Its called black humour.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1679 on: July 08, 2012, 10:45 PM »

USO is for Andy!
Yep, always thought it would be the first one Andy would win , Lashurst.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 119 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »