Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Murray in 3 - 4 (6%)
Murray in 4 - 26 (38.8%)
Murray in 5 - 24 (35.8%)
Federer in 3 - 6 (9%)
Federer in 4 - 6 (9%)
Federer in 5 - 1 (1.5%)
Total Voters: 67

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 ... 119 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer

(Read 24286 times)
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1680 on: July 08, 2012, 10:48 PM »

After reading some of these posts, I realise how fickle some members are.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1681 on: July 08, 2012, 10:48 PM »

Why on earth is there so much doom and gloom? Surely people can see the mega positives from the last fortnight. He is closer than he has ever been to the prize. We don't need to be analysing the stats. He has acquitted himself better than he ever has before in a GS final. We and Mr Murray should be glorying in his achievements, and the progress made. He was runner up in the Wimbledon final for goodness sake. Yes winning would have been better, and he will get there. Given a choice of Mr 17 GS's and nasty, arrogant personality or our lad, then stuff the GS's. If that's what winning them turns you into then I would rather he didn't get one.  He has made progress, let's celebrate that. 130 other players would have settled for that. He has won several major battles, but hasn't quite won the war yet.  There is still plenty of time.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1682 on: July 08, 2012, 10:54 PM »

Yep - progress is being made and that is what we should be most happy about.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1683 on: July 08, 2012, 10:54 PM »

Lighten up you numpty. Its called black humour.
If so, then well and good, but my sense of humour has taken a holiday just now. Very Sad
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1684 on: July 08, 2012, 10:57 PM »

To be fair to bignose its the kind of joke Murray would find funny, probably not today though however!
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1685 on: July 08, 2012, 10:58 PM »

Did anyone else think Pippa and Kate looked absolutely gorgeous today? Drop dead gorgeous both.
  Actually i was thinking how much older than they are they both looked.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1686 on: July 08, 2012, 11:02 PM »

Well that was a disappointing but very humbling experience. Proud of Andy for what he did in the tournament and after the 1st set I almost dared to dream it might happen. But in the end he was up against the greatest Wimbledon champion of all time and that really showed. There was only really 1 winner from the 2nd set onwards but at least he made it a proper good match this time which is an improvement on his previous slam finals which were some of the most 1 sided slam finals ever seen.

For me this match showed both how close, but also unfortunately how far away from winning a grand slam he still is.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1687 on: July 08, 2012, 11:26 PM »

Me too.    Lots of me toos on this forum I would think.     The village he lives in is quite small and I think Andy Murray, Oxshott, Surrey should be enough.     I'm

going to try that.    He is really such a special young man - not just for his tennis - I thought his speech was wonderful, so sincere, and how could anyone doubt his

relationship with his team.    He didn't even dare look back up at the box when he spoke.   So proud of him.    He's a real human being and we're lucky to be his fans.
I too would like to write to him. I think we all should, at least those who want to praise him not give him advise as some seem to think they should. I would be writing from the US and probably will need a more complete address, can anyone help?  How wonderful if we wrote praises of today's match and wished him good luck in the Olympics.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1688 on: July 08, 2012, 11:47 PM »

someone like Philippoussis...Frown
Oh go away.  No one wants to hear your dribble.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1689 on: July 09, 2012, 12:01 AM »

Has anyone seen anything from Lendl regarding Andy's play today.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1690 on: July 09, 2012, 12:06 AM »

Oh go away.  No one wants to hear your dribble.

Did you mean to quote Ausia there?
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1691 on: July 09, 2012, 12:16 AM »

No I meant to quote who they quoted. Got a little lost there.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1692 on: July 09, 2012, 01:10 AM »

Murray's serving stats were the best in the tournament, til sets 3/4.
Probably 2 weeks finally caught up with him physically but if he'd served solid it wouldnt have mattered what Federer did Murray would now be Champion. Thats how important the serve is.
His 1st Slam could turn out to be the US Open next month,on his preferred  hardcourt, if he can just improve his 2nd serve a tad more?

There are a lot of grey areas in this tournament. For example, yes, Federer was definitely the fresher of the two (soft draw, nice schedule easy on the body etc.) and the roof definitely went in Federer's favour in the 3rd set, but Andy did have a few opportunities in the 2nd set and the way he lost the 2nd set was very tragic, especially when he was serving so well and had all the momentum going on.

Anyway, I read somewhere the other day that there are no bad or good things in the real sense but only lessons to be learned so if you ask me how much progressed Andy has made in terms of winning a Slam, I'd say at least 75-80%, so next time he makes the final, I definitely think he'll make that last push. But had Andy won the 2nd set today, he would have probably lost the 3rd but would have still won the 4th, that was my gut feeling. But after he lost the 2nd set tragically and the roof came on, he just seemed a bit lost and the serve dropped significantly and cost him that set as well. And then the start of each set where he didn't get to serve first. He really needed a bit luck there, overall. But still there's so much positive to take from all this. At least now he has the experience of playing in Wimbledon final in front of the crowd against another true great grass courter like Federer, so this will truly help him in the long run and the next time he is here. This will be then all a known territory for him.

As to his 2nd serve, I think there's a lot of time improve that and if he serves really well there, then I don't feel it will be a problem especially if he's feeling confident, but he will definitely need to improve it to a reliable level asap. Let's see what happens at USO. He does have both USO and AO before he turns 26.  RG he shouldn't worry about right now.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean July 09, 2012, 01:49 AM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1693 on: July 09, 2012, 01:15 AM »

Sorry meant that for Bluenose

BigNose actually. Yes, he's being nasty on a day like this. Federer fans are generally like that.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1694 on: July 09, 2012, 01:55 AM »

I don't mind the slight criticism of Andy even by the fans, really as long as it's done in an honest manner, but I have a bigger purpose for that. Andy can't get too comfortable as he has yet to achieve his true goal, so these comments will keep him on his toes and keep him motivated. That's why I feel the likes of Wade and others are nothing but tools in the big scheme of things.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 ... 119 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »