Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Murray in 3 - 4 (6%)
Murray in 4 - 26 (38.8%)
Murray in 5 - 24 (35.8%)
Federer in 3 - 6 (9%)
Federer in 4 - 6 (9%)
Federer in 5 - 1 (1.5%)
Total Voters: 67

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 119 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer

(Read 23977 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #45 on: July 06, 2012, 08:59 PM »

I'm feeling elated at the moment, tomorrow I will still be on a high and then Sunday I'll be so nervous. I barely got through this match in the 4th set, I can't imagine what I will be going through if Andy gets into a similar position.

Thanks EJ.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #46 on: July 06, 2012, 09:07 PM »

A scotsman on BBC News saying it's "gunna be mental" on Sunday lol
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #47 on: July 06, 2012, 09:13 PM »

Honestly believe this final is all about how Andy plays and how he handles the occasion.  If he's good with both of these factors he'll win - because he's a better player than Smugfed.  But there are so so many variables.  If Andy's off his game it'll be Smugfed in 3.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #48 on: July 06, 2012, 09:25 PM »

I believe Murray can do it. He has Lendl in his corner - and he has to have the crowd behind him - right? RIGHT?! Eyebrow raise.

He has beaten Fed on 8 occasions; he has been in 3 slam finals and he has learnt from them. Look at how he started the match today - he was on fire. He knows he has to do that next match and he can, and HE WILL!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #49 on: July 06, 2012, 09:42 PM »

A scotsman on BBC News saying it's "gunna be mental" on Sunday lol
Didn't hear the interview, but I've always beliieved it was "mental":
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #50 on: July 06, 2012, 10:11 PM »

I can't even begin to describe how excited I am. I've booked tickets to go to Braehead cinema to watch it on 3D. 16 quid a ticket! But I'm hoping to get some Glasgow atmosphere as our nation's hero carries the battle to the enemy!  God, I just can't wait. I've been to cup finals, ashes test matches, championship boxing - NOTHING has ever got me this excited
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #51 on: July 06, 2012, 10:13 PM »

I'm very cautious about this match. Baghdatis is very astute on grass, but I'd hope the home support and Murray's good form should be enough to win in 3 or 4.

Feel confident about this match for some reason. Think this could be a straight setter.

Large part of it depends on how well Cilic has recovered from his exploits today.

The tough draw doesn't seem to be relenting. Davydenko - Karlovic - Baghdatis - Cilic, and now David Ferrer.

Murray in 3 or 4 sets. I think he looks composed, is playing some excellent but gritty tennis and I think the home support will give him that extra fillip. Ferrer will be tough to break down, even on grass, but I think Murray has the weapons to do it.

2-0 on grass to Murray, looks good on paper.

Tsonga is full of flair, and on his day, is hard to contain, but I think Murray clearly knows how to smother him and extract enough errors to win. Keep it away from his forehand!

Andy in 4.

Quite proud of my predictions so far this tournament. Some have been ambiguous, granted, but wish I had played Read-The-Round. #humble

Anyway, I'm going to stick to my guns and say Murray in 5. How sweet would that be? Very Happy
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #52 on: July 06, 2012, 10:17 PM »

My predictions are usually always wrong so I predict Federer in 3, 4, or 5.

With both our predictions together there's no way Andy can't win.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #53 on: July 06, 2012, 10:18 PM »

Federer will be too keen on to stand in the way of history once again and make his own because clearly, it's all about him in the end.

If Andy gets the full crowd support, which I believe he will, then that would bother Federer, no doubt. Because this is the first time these two are facing each other on grass and Wimbledon final at that, so this will also be the first time Federer will be facing a crowd in favour of his opponent and the fact that, this too is Andy's favourite surface. Sure Federer has the experience of winning 16 Slams behind him, but Andy too has the experience playing him two times in GS finals, so this is by no means an unknown territory for him. The only thing that may go against him is the pressure, but he has handled himself incredibly well against a very tough draw and this is just one more match and I am sure now that once again he's here in the final and this being Wimbledon final, I don't think he could ask for more. And beating Federer in the final will be even more precious for him. I am sure he wants it all and this has been such a long due. If Nadal and Nole can do it, Andy can do it too. And he has the H2H in his favour so he knows how to beat Federer. So Andy too will be extremely eager. He will not wait for another chance. This is it and it's here.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #54 on: July 06, 2012, 10:19 PM »

Andy needs to watch the match between DelPotro and Federer at the US.

If Del Potro can do it, there's no reason Andy can't. He just has to believe.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #55 on: July 06, 2012, 10:43 PM »

He can definitely do that. Though I really feel he's ready this time.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #56 on: July 06, 2012, 10:43 PM »

Here's the music that was played for the intro montage on the beeb. Horner knows how to compose a top line and harmony!  

IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #57 on: July 06, 2012, 10:48 PM »

I feel its his time too.
He has been through fire to get here, Federer on the other hand has had one of the easiest draws in a slam I have ever seen. And I include the shocking pre 2011 performance by Novak who clearly flattered to deceive with his cakewalk draw as well.
Lets see which Andy turns up, if he can play a great match he has a great chance and with Lendl to support him i believe that is what shall happen.
He must play the match at his pace and change the pace rotationally attack Federer's BH and most importantly go for his shots.
It will be a case of he who dares wins and although Andy will be nervous,
Federer will be too as there is so much at stake for him.
This just might be the turning point we've all been waiting for.
C'mon Andy.
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #58 on: July 06, 2012, 10:50 PM »

Can't call this. Pressure of history on both sides. If Murray wins... the sky is the limit. Djokovicesque year inbound. If he loses? That's it. All over.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #59 on: July 06, 2012, 10:52 PM »

shut up boogers,
Also I hope it doesn't rain on Sunday, this was another reason fed got one over Novak.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 119 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »