Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Murray in 3 - 4 (6%)
Murray in 4 - 26 (38.8%)
Murray in 5 - 24 (35.8%)
Federer in 3 - 6 (9%)
Federer in 4 - 6 (9%)
Federer in 5 - 1 (1.5%)
Total Voters: 67

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 119 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer

(Read 21872 times)
marg
Junior

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #60 on: July 06, 2012, 10:52 PM »

I feel it will be Andy in 5; like Tsonga last year. I have been right with predictions so far(fingers crossed).  Time is going to drag until Sunday.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #61 on: July 06, 2012, 10:55 PM »

Here's the music that was played for the intro montage on the beeb. Horner knows how to compose a top line and harmony!  

I would have this in it - the legend spread

It's one of my favourites on the soundtrack, along with this one

IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #62 on: July 06, 2012, 10:56 PM »

Can't call this. Pressure of history on both sides. . If he loses? That's it. All over.

Total pish!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #63 on: July 06, 2012, 10:58 PM »

Can't call this. Pressure of history on both sides. If Murray wins... the sky is the limit. Djokovicesque year inbound. If he loses? That's it. All over.
Yep.

Until August.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #64 on: July 06, 2012, 11:00 PM »

I pick Andy, for sure. This time he will RISE from his chair and he will win it.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #65 on: July 06, 2012, 11:02 PM »

Dream final... it's what I wanted even if Federer is a more difficult opponent here.
  Yep, that's where I am too. I want to see the new-model Murray against the old warhorse. I think (hope) it will be close, but I'm passing on a prediction for once. I just think that this Wimbledon has a special feel to it, and i hope that that specialness has not peaked. If it involves a spectacular coming of age of Andy and the coup de grace of Roger the whole picture will be complete. I'll be plucking all my psychic strings to assist!! crossfingers
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #66 on: July 06, 2012, 11:02 PM »

Yep.

Until August.

lol Well caught. The rest of you? Lighten up.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #67 on: July 06, 2012, 11:07 PM »

At the start of the season during the Oz Open there's a thread somewhere with me predicting that the top 4 guys would each win a Slam this year - me thinking how equal they all might be.  I said this.....
Oz          Nole
RG          Rafa
Wimby    Smugfed
USO       Andy

Hmmm.  Would like to be wrong about Wimby.  Come on Andy!  Oh, and go and win USO as well (and Olympics, tho not persoanlly so bothered).
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #68 on: July 06, 2012, 11:07 PM »

I don't really care if he wins or loses  obviously I would prefer him to win.  If he loses  it isn't the end of the world.  I would still support him.   Always.  He has had a very tough draw very tough.  One of the hardest draws ever.  He has fulfilled my expectations by reaching the final.  I honestly can't stop crying.  Remember the Queens exit?  do you see how irrelevant that loss was.  This is the best Andy has ever played.. maybe in his whole career.  He can do it.  It will be extremely difficult  MON THE MURRAY  teach the humble goat a lesson and knock him off his pedestal.  You can do it mate  cmonandy
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #69 on: July 06, 2012, 11:10 PM »

Having just listened to Radio 5 Live, Nigel did brill, but it pains me to say that having listened to those callers it is no wonder there is such anti English / Scottish feeling.  That just makes me want to put my tick in the box come 2014.  One guy stated he could never support anybody Scottish, he was from Yorkshire and I always thought it was the people in the South that didn't like us??
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #70 on: July 06, 2012, 11:14 PM »

At the start of the season during the Oz Open there's a thread somewhere with me predicting that the top 4 guys would each win a Slam this year - me thinking how equal they all might be.  I said this.....
Oz          Nole
RG          Rafa
Wimby    Smugfed
USO       Andy

Hmmm.  Would like to be wrong about Wimby.  Come on Andy!  Oh, and go and win USO as well (and Olympics, tho not persoanlly so bothered).

Did you put some money on it, it's a good shout but really hope you have the third one wrong, the rest I can live with!!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #71 on: July 06, 2012, 11:16 PM »

Having just listened to Radio 5 Live, Nigel did brill, but it pains me to say that having listened to those callers it is no wonder there is such anti English / Scottish feeling.  That just makes me want to put my tick in the box come 2014.  One guy stated he could never support anybody Scottish, he was from Yorkshire and I always thought it was the people in the South that didn't like us??

Please don't base your referendum vote on the opinions of tossers in a radio phone-in. Wink
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #72 on: July 06, 2012, 11:16 PM »

Absolutely brilliant. Had tears of joy at the end of that, only the 2nd time I can remember doing that in my life. Didn't think I'd get to see a British Wimbledon finalist in my lifetime. Think he'll probably get smashed in 3 by Federer again but you never know.

Really excited for this like everyone else. As long as I can remember I've always had these 4 big sporting dreams of things I hope to see in my lifetime and a British Wimbledon winner is 1 of them. For the record, 1 of them I've now experienced 3 times but the other 2 are about as far away now as they ever have been.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #73 on: July 06, 2012, 11:18 PM »

Alex is posting in the Murray part of the website - it must be a grand slam. Very Happy
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #74 on: July 06, 2012, 11:20 PM »

Oz          Nole
RG          Rafa
Wimby    Smugfed
USO       Andy

Your spot on. You said:

Have a bit of a feeling the top 4 will share the Slams next year they're all so equally matched and all well able to beat each other.  No-one else will get close so I'll say

Oz     Djok
RG     Rafa
Wim  Mr Smug    but very happy to be wrong here!
USO  Andy

Would be nice for Andy to get OZ then we can all relax and enjoy the ride even more than already.  Andy and Djok will battle it out for No.1 with Rafa 3rd
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 119 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »