Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Murray in 3 - 4 (6%)
Murray in 4 - 26 (38.8%)
Murray in 5 - 24 (35.8%)
Federer in 3 - 6 (9%)
Federer in 4 - 6 (9%)
Federer in 5 - 1 (1.5%)
Total Voters: 67

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer

(Read 23124 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1710 on: July 10, 2012, 05:17 PM »

I know what you mean - and I'm a straight guy FFS!!

A lot of us are on that boat.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1711 on: July 10, 2012, 07:11 PM »

I've seen it  too many times already.  It can be heartbreaking following Andy but he's the player that stole my heart. The only player I'd lose sleep over. The only player I'd cry over. I'd have sold my soul to the devil on Sunday if it meant Andy winning Wimbledon.  I keep telling myself that it will be worth it when he wins.  

clap clap So very true Iona,that applies to me too. 

IP Logged
kris

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1712 on: July 10, 2012, 09:24 PM »

I like Andy but i am surprised at some of the posters vicious attacks on Roger . Look he is confident but give credit where credit is due and stop downplaying his hard work and accomplishments .  Andy has a long way to go and i am sure he will get there but there is no need to"cut others down" to raise andy . Roger has not personally hurt anyone and there is no need to constantly dog on him .  One poster here basically said "Roger basically was lucky and has no skill" and went on to praise Andy saying he is superior?!

It is one thing to like a guy and another to simply be unjust and unfairly downplay others talents .  I love Andy but i do not hate roger and i think he has said some nice things about Andy which a lot of the posters on here seem to ignore .  Its almost like you people want to make roger a "villain all the time" so you could feel better about yourself that Andy lost ?  I am sorry but i just had to get that off my chest because this bias is grating my nerves .  Andy will win many grand-slams in the future for sure but he is  not on the level of roger like 99.99% of tennis players .  I actually think roger likes Andy so i don't see why you all delight in mocking him .

The most common response i hear is " I am sorry but i just don't like him , he is arrogant lol" . um what ? Have you met him personally ? Roger certainly has a "foot in mouth syndrome" but i doubt he is a bad guy at heart  and wants to "hurt" Andy .  maybe you don't like him because he is good at what he does and that makes you  angry ? so you attack his character to make  yourself feel better
?
Give the guy a break ! I love Andy as much as anyone but i just  had to rant about some of these insidious posters and their meanness towards roger .

IP Logged
kris

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1713 on: July 10, 2012, 09:25 PM »

second h2h is irrelevant measure of judging someone's entire career .  I hate how some posters use that one metric and gloat about superiority and try to downplay everything else someone has achieved . Real analysis takes many factors into account  not just a silly head to head which  sometimes inflates other players  skills because top players can get bored or have off days etc at  tournaments . the real metric is pressure at grand slams and records of staying at number 1 . those are accurate measure of skill level and difficulty.

Lukas rosol leads nadal 1 to 0 . shall we erase nadal 11 grandslam titles and all his hardwork ? Is rosol now a great player ? of course not !

*shakes head*
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1714 on: July 11, 2012, 10:18 AM »

Mod NoticeTalk of Federer seems to have spread everywhere in the last 24 hours. The latest discussion on here has been moved to this topic.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1715 on: July 11, 2012, 10:21 AM »

the real metric is pressure at grand slams

Rafa leads Roger 8-2 in grand-slam matches.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1716 on: July 11, 2012, 11:39 AM »

Hey......that's cheered me up! Thanks Nigel!
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1717 on: July 11, 2012, 11:50 AM »

He certainly does and on all 3 surfaces. The only time he has beaten him is when his grass court game was in transition. Nadal is Roger's true adversary, not Novak or Andy, and as a result you would have to say that he has not passed the test as the greatest with these kinds of stats.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1718 on: July 11, 2012, 02:29 PM »

Been feeling down for the past few days and I admit I am glad there is not any tennis at the moment. But life goes on and I am sure Andy will do well at the Olympics with Jamie. Been very busy I have a new kitten who was very ill this has taken up a lot of my time. She is better now but it was touch and go. A little cutey tortie she has been running around the house with my Siamese. I am glad Andy is having a break he will need to recharge his batteries. Looking forward to the tennis at the Olympics.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1719 on: July 11, 2012, 02:38 PM »

I apologise if anyone has mentioned this previously. I have not been paying too much attention to the threads recently.

I noticed that Andy was alternating before serving between three and four bounces. It seemed to have varying effects. Sometimes the four bounces were more successful than three, but not always.

This is the first time Andy has ever used four. For a while, he did use six, but quickly dropped it.

I wonder why the varying numbers. Lendl's influence?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1720 on: July 11, 2012, 03:57 PM »

Different serve maybe? He has said before that sometimes he varies between the slower first serves, trying to get it in play, and the faster ones, going for a free point. He did say then that it depends on the opponent, but maybe he was trying to vary it up?
IP Logged
kris

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1721 on: July 11, 2012, 08:34 PM »

It is mostly clay lead .  The other  leads are simple luck
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1722 on: July 11, 2012, 08:50 PM »

The other  leads are simple luck
Hah, how convenient.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1723 on: July 11, 2012, 08:51 PM »

It is mostly clay lead .  The other  leads are simple luck
  Previously I gave you benefit of the doubt, now I know you are a plonker.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon Final: Murray v Federer « Reply #1724 on: July 11, 2012, 09:20 PM »

It is mostly clay lead .  The other  leads are simple luck

Wha? huh?

AO
Nadal vs Federer: 2-0

RG
Nadal leads Federer: 5 - 0

Wimbledon
Federer vs Nadal: 2-1

USO
Have yet to play

So Nadal's won 3 Slams outside clay against Federer. And won 5 Sams at RG against Federer. It's not all clay. It's in fact almost even steven. Do you get it now?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »