Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon QF: Murray v Ferrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 3 - 5 (13.2%)
Murray in 4 - 24 (63.2%)
Murray in 5 - 7 (18.4%)
Ferrer in 3 - 0 (0%)
Ferrer in 4 - 2 (5.3%)
Ferrer in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 ... 95 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon QF: Murray v Ferrer

(Read 12912 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1335 on: July 04, 2012, 08:06 PM »

Andy is gangsta.
Soooooo proud of him. Smile
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1336 on: July 04, 2012, 08:07 PM »

Congrats to Murray and his fans! He definitely has a shot in his semi final match
Thanks ak400. Appreciate you saying that. He played hard and so did David.
By the same token. Well done your man Roger, Jo W, and Novak for their wins today!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1337 on: July 04, 2012, 08:09 PM »

I'm so happy Smile  I haven't had anything to eat in 7 hours.. lol
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1338 on: July 04, 2012, 08:11 PM »

By my count, he aced/got an unreturned serve off every serve after the rain break bar the one at 5-4. That was ******* impressive serving towards the end.

As someone else said, I don't think I've ever been as sure as him losing as I was at 5-2 Ferrer in the TB. Luckily Murray kept the belief and composure throughout that he's so often lacked and turned it around. Fantastic comeback. Fantastic nerve on the big points, and in that final set TB.

******** it about Tsonga now, although I think Andy will prefer that face-up to today's to be honest. Tsonga is such a dangerous player.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1339 on: July 04, 2012, 08:11 PM »

Great, Great game.  Tell you what, you'd want Ferrer on your side in a scrap wouldn't you?
I bet his ancestors were in the Armada. Gutsy lad and I feel so sorry for him, he deserves more sucsess for his efforts.
I know its silly to say that as players make their own success, but never the less.
A bit like Andy really, plugging away to improve everyday but not made it yet.

I hope they both do in the future.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1340 on: July 04, 2012, 08:16 PM »

That was so stressfull, but what a star , well well done Andy.  yay yay yay
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1341 on: July 04, 2012, 08:22 PM »

Well done Andy clap

Hard luck David hug We'll support you against anyone else but Andy.

Thank you James.

Mark, do you need a hand to hide the body?

Off to work in a good mood and high on sugar! wave
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1342 on: July 04, 2012, 08:30 PM »

I don't think I have anything left in me to talk about this match. Just as I expeceted, Ferrer made it very hard for Andy. I said it before, he wouldn't win but he'd damage Andy in the process and he did. Almost four hours marathon. Andy did well to hang in there but I'll be surprised if I find out Andy actually enjoys playing Ferrer. He didn't seem he was enjoying even after he won the match. Just looked terribly exhausted instead. And Ferrer was so competitive with the linecalls and everything. He wasn't willing to give Andy anything for free. He was making sure absolutely nothing passes him by. This is the reason why I truly wished someone would take him out as soon as I saw the draw, but unfortunately, he hung on until now. Even Karlovic was less tough than this. Well, it's in the past now. At least we now have a day to breathe properly - just feel both emotionally and physically drained.

Andy served very well from 2nd set on, though, it has now become a tradition for him to go down a break immediately in the first set and then break back at some point. Oh well, as long as he wins. Anyway, really hope he’d be able to keep up the same level service percentage in his next match as well. Tsonga is not going to be easy either. Another 4 sets loom in the corner but at least I don’t think it will this tight or hope not.

Let’s go Andy. Let’s rewrite history.  
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1343 on: July 04, 2012, 08:31 PM »

That was so stressfull, but what a star , well well done Andy.  yay yay yay
We all survived to see another day.. He is a star Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1344 on: July 04, 2012, 08:35 PM »

Andy........I never doubted you and the great thing was, even in your 'down moments, you never doubted yourself!  If you believe in yourself as you did today, you can beat anyone! Just remember, you're not going to face ANYONE you haven't beaten before! "I LOVE YOOOOOOOOU! You did well son!  hug
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1345 on: July 04, 2012, 08:36 PM »

Mark, do you need a hand to hide the body?
No but I do need a spike to plonk his head on.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1346 on: July 04, 2012, 08:37 PM »

Andybody got the interview of Andy after the match?

Damn Channel+ took the programme off straight away and didnt show anything of the interview at all.

Unfair!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1347 on: July 04, 2012, 08:39 PM »

It's embedded in this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18699531
IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1348 on: July 04, 2012, 08:43 PM »

Sorry to see Ferrer go but well done Andy; I am so delighted.  I predicted correct in four. I know it is five to one in the head to head with Tsonga but I am taking one match at a time;bring it on can't wait for Friday !!!!!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1349 on: July 04, 2012, 08:45 PM »

I was watching Andy's match in the Kitchen from time to time and during and after the last TB, a couple of guys from Finance (they were also watching it with me) asked me "but don't you wanna support the underdog? (in this case Ferrer)". And I was like, "but Andy IS the underdog?" . At that point, they completely lost me there and I lost them. LOLOL. And then I had to explain how in the big scheme of things, Andy has been the underdog for a while now, so he is truly the underdog here. But get this, when it comes to Federer, they have no problem supporting him as I understood it. So much for underdogs, huh? I was going to ask them the same question but then again, they probably watch tennis once in a blue moon, and/or perhaps I guess when Federer makes another GS final. The only reason they watched today’s match because it was very close and they were enjoying it (and perhaps the so called underdog factor. You can guess who they were rooting for). My boss teased me and told me she was surprised that I didn’t camp in front of the kitchen TV. lol. But come on now, the footie guys were the worst. Thank God, that’s over.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 ... 95 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »