Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon QF: Murray v Ferrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 3 - 5 (13.2%)
Murray in 4 - 24 (63.2%)
Murray in 5 - 7 (18.4%)
Ferrer in 3 - 0 (0%)
Ferrer in 4 - 2 (5.3%)
Ferrer in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 95 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon QF: Murray v Ferrer

(Read 13416 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Wimbledon QF: Murray v Ferrer « on: July 03, 2012, 02:41 PM »

The tough draw doesn't seem to be relenting. Davydenko - Karlovic - Baghdatis - Cilic, and now David Ferrer. It's been a rocky road!

I must admit I did not expect Ferrer to reach this far, it's the first time he's reached the quarter-finals of Wimbledon.

First time they have met on grass. The overall head-to-head is 5-5.

Murray in 3 or 4 sets. I think he looks composed, is playing some excellent but gritty tennis and I think the home support will give him that extra fillip. Ferrer will be tough to break down, even on grass, but I think Murray has the weapons to do it.
[ Last edit by Mark July 07, 2012, 08:01 PM ] IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 02:43 PM »

Better stock up with chocolate Bevc. Very Happy
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 02:45 PM »

Never mind the chocolate I'll be needing a bottle of wine to keep me calm through this one!
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 02:52 PM »

I fear Ferrer over the Tsonga semi. Although... Thinking back, Andy managed to secure a set and had loads on chances against Ferrer in RG playing horrifically so hopefully more predictable conditions on the grass should give us far less to worry about.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 02:57 PM »

I am reliably informed that this is Murray's best ever chance to get into a final and this has been his easiest draw ever. Neutral

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 02:58 PM »

Murray in 6-4 6-3 6-4
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 02:58 PM »

Andy in 3.

Should be another straightforward match. Apart from Karlovic this has been an easy draw so far for Andy.
IP Logged
Knights
Junior

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 03:09 PM »

I think Andy will play earlier in the day so Djokovic-Federer will play later
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 03:13 PM »

Andy in 3.

Should be another straightforward match. Apart from Karlovic this has been an easy draw so far for Andy.
As well you're writing and not speaking or i wouldn't make out what you were saying for that big tongue in cheek!
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 03:13 PM »

This will be another tough match for Andy. In today's match saw him bouncing on the baseline just like Daveed!!!!
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 03:13 PM »

This has not been an easy draw for Andy's fans.  But Andy has handled the draw is an calm and business like manner.....hope it continues.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 03:16 PM »

The tough draw doesn't seem to be relenting. Davydenko - Karlovic - Baghdatis - Cilic, and now David Ferrer. It's been a rocky road!

I must admit I did not expect Ferrer to reach this far, it's the first time he's reached the quarter-finals of Wimbledon.

First time they have met on grass. The overall head-to-head is 5-5.

Murray in 3 or 4 sets. I think he looks composed, is playing some excellent but gritty tennis and I think the home support will give him that extra fillip. Ferrer will be tough to break down, even on grass, but I think Murray has the weapons to do it.

Four out of those five wins for Ferrer were on clay and one was at the WTF when Andy was injured.  Having said that, it will definitely be a difficult match but if Andy plays like he did today I'm sure he'll win.  I'd go for Andy in 4. 
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 03:21 PM »

One of the ATP high heid-yins was saying that he thinks the difficult draw may well work in Andy's favour.  He has had to be up for every match and will be honed by the time he reaches the final - which he thought he would.  Hope he's right!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 03:30 PM »

Andy in 3.

As I've said before bn you clearly think you know better than the comms.   The only reason it appears an easy draw is that Andy has played superbly for much of the time and has shown real mental strength.   On paper he had by far the hardest draw of the top 4 and fed by far the easiest.
One can never underestimate the spanish terrior but I do think Andy can and will beat him if he carries on playing at the level he's been playing at better parts of his matches.  And the crowd is really getting behind him now. Yesterday on court 1 I heard only one british voice shouting come on Marin and took part in my first Mexican wave  w00t
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 03:39 PM »

One of the ATP high heid-yins was saying that he thinks the difficult draw may well work in Andy's favour.  He has had to be up for every match and will be honed by the time he reaches the final - which he thought he would.  Hope he's right!
Good point.  Andy has exceeded some people's expectations so far.

Ferrer will be tricky but it should be an entertaining match, so surely it'll be on Centre???
[ Last edit by Aileen July 03, 2012, 04:09 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 95 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »