Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon QF: Murray v Ferrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 3 - 5 (13.2%)
Murray in 4 - 24 (63.2%)
Murray in 5 - 7 (18.4%)
Ferrer in 3 - 0 (0%)
Ferrer in 4 - 2 (5.3%)
Ferrer in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 95 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon QF: Murray v Ferrer

(Read 14622 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #60 on: July 04, 2012, 06:58 AM »

Nice picture of Andy in the H2H Bev, thanks for all you do.

Took my lead from David.  

Andy gave a lovely smile, I think in the 1st half of his match vs Marin, but I couldn't find a picture of that anywhere, so had to have a good look through Murray's Pictures thread.  I think it might have been John that posted that one.

I hope that Andy comes out where he left off yesterday vs Marin.

So back to 1 pm starts eh, so looking at about 1.30 ish onwards for me - just looked at the Rog vs Mik H2H - Rog usually wins in straights Rolling Eyes  Time to address that Mik!  He's got a bad back don't you know!
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #61 on: July 04, 2012, 08:10 AM »

Will sort H2H on my lunch break in about 2 hours and was up at 6 am yawn and feel knackered! lol
Think you're a hero, Bev. Thankyou for all you do to make our posting/matches so organised. Please don't go without too much sleep - it's bad for you!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #62 on: July 04, 2012, 08:54 AM »

Thanks Jan.  I enjoy doing my H2H Very Happy

I'm going to bed after I've watched TBBT, so 9 o'clock, and I'll be up at 1.30, just in case.  I can always snooze until Andy starts.

Been to the supermarket, got chocolate sultanas, mini chocolate digestives, drinking chocolate, and mini chocolate bars, all to get me through Andy's match if needs be!  I'm hopeful of just a cuppa and a handful of choccie sultanas to do the job.  I have a bottle of sparking wine, on standby!  I've gone through a 200g bar of Dream this week already! fainting

cmonandy

This should be on tv but I'm going to sacrifice this for a decent livestream and being with you lot yes (though I've set the timer to record).  We do this together grouphug

All aboard! clapping
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #63 on: July 04, 2012, 09:15 AM »

Thankyou to Nigel Graber for his witty account of Andy's match against Cilic. Some laughs and smiles  during this grim Wimbledon help tremendously. Methinks this match against Ferrer could go 5 sets.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #64 on: July 04, 2012, 10:44 AM »

Nice supply of chocolate there Bev! Smile I've got a bar of Milka and an emergency box of Thorntons choccies should they be necessary.

Nervous about today's match as Ferrer never gives up - he won't go down mentally and Andy will have to play above his level in order to beat him. Serving well will be key, and that's something he's done well this tournament. His first serve % has been good so far (67%-61%-63%-68%) so hopefully that will continue.

But Andy does have the far better grass record, and his variety should help him a lot in this matchup. Delpo offered no resistance yesterday, just inaccurate ball bashing most of the time and lumbering movement. David will find Andy a much tougher test - expect Andy to come through but it might be in 4 sets.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #65 on: July 04, 2012, 10:48 AM »

Think you're a hero, Bev. Thankyou for all you do to make our posting/matches so organised. Please don't go without too much sleep - it's bad for you!
  clap
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #66 on: July 04, 2012, 10:54 AM »

Hoping Andy does it nice and quickly, playing with the confidence and aggression that surely, he himself is beginning to believe in.
Hoping that wonderful serve is clicking.
Come on  yay yay yay yay
agree come on Andy you can do it. yay
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #67 on: July 04, 2012, 11:30 AM »

I agree with Aileen and would be supporting Ferrer if it were not for Andy. had to listen to Radio 5 Live for the last six days so looking forward to seeing Andy tomorrow.  What a load of drivel they discuss on 5 Live and it was supposed to be covering Andy on Court 1 with interruptions from the news,the weather,travel reports and Goran -but he was very amusing getting Cillic and Murray mixed up!  Too much Vino Collapso at lunch maybe.

I thought that too but then realised he was saying 'Marin' not 'Murray'!
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #68 on: July 04, 2012, 11:55 AM »

I have a hospital appointment this afternoon and have to do some shopping.  Hope it is all over by the time I get home.  I am such a coward but will not watch his matches live.  The only time I watched this year was QF at RG and he lost.   C'MON ANDY YOU CAN DO IT WITH YOUR NEW ATTITUDE AND CONFIDENCE!!!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #69 on: July 04, 2012, 12:06 PM »

Working til 5 so hopefully Youzhny beats Federer in five sets and Andy's match is all due to start at 5.

Knowing my luck Federer will probably trounce him in straights and Andy will be on by 3.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #70 on: July 04, 2012, 12:15 PM »

Ferrer is cool as a cucumber and as hard as granite.
I think it could go to 5, they are both hardend warriors.The following is an extract from the Wimby site:

A winner in s’-Hertogenbosch prior to Wimbledon, Ferrer is now on a nine-match winning streak on grass, which is ominous news for Murray, who has lost his last two meetings to the Spaniard, including the quarter-finals of the French Open.

Ferrer acknowledges that “maybe my return is my best weapon in grass court, because in grass court I don't have a really power with my serve” but also note that the change of surface also creates a different challenge against Murray.

“It's going to be very difficult to beat Andy in all surfaces, but in grass court is more difficult,” he said. “He's a favourite player because he's better than me, and tomorrow I will try to do my best. I will have to play my best tennis to beat him.”

Andy will need to come out with both barrels blazing and not get behind. cmonandy

This must not happen, I don't see Roger winning against Djokovic. It might even be a straight sets win and if Andy has to go to the wire after the rain delays etc he will be disadvantaged. He can & should do it in 3 on the grass. Ferrer hasn't even been to the qrt's here before. If he serve's well and is aggressive he can do it, ferrer is the perfect player on which to apply your aggressive game.
[ Last edit by theycanbillme July 04, 2012, 12:41 PM ] IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #71 on: July 04, 2012, 12:31 PM »

Saw this article and thought it spot on Smile

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2012-07-04/201207041341397032439.html
IP Logged
steve bywaters
Junior

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #72 on: July 04, 2012, 12:53 PM »

@ Hazybear

Murray runs all day too. Never seen him so intense he's giving it everything, really surprised me. No way Ferrer can beat Murray in this mood
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #73 on: July 04, 2012, 12:56 PM »

C'Mon Andy!!!!!!!!!!!!!  yay yay yay yay yay cmon yeah
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #74 on: July 04, 2012, 01:07 PM »

Wills & Kate are at Wimbles today. No humble bow from Fed I see? lol
Glad they'll be there to cheer on Andy.

Had a look at Andy's stats for this tourney.. 47 aces (ahead of Fed, Nole)
Fastest serve speed 134 mph (Nole/Fed not even on the board)
1st serve receiving points won 78 (behind Nole/Fed)
2nd serve points won - Top of leader board Smile
2nd serve return: Top of leaderboard Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 95 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »