Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon QF: Murray v Ferrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 3 - 5 (13.2%)
Murray in 4 - 24 (63.2%)
Murray in 5 - 7 (18.4%)
Ferrer in 3 - 0 (0%)
Ferrer in 4 - 2 (5.3%)
Ferrer in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 [94] 95 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon QF: Murray v Ferrer

(Read 14983 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1395 on: July 05, 2012, 03:20 PM »

Just done the marvellous thread.. roundabout  wow you guys are harsh!!! Very Happy lol  very funny!!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1396 on: July 05, 2012, 04:02 PM »

I bloody wish I could keep calm, I tell my self to keep calm, but then I can never control my emotions. When he starts flirting with losing a second set like yesterday and against Baghdatis I start seeing the worst.

Full credit to Murray though, he just keeps on fighting back. Maybe eventually we'll all be able to hold faith in him even when in a very sticky situation!

Can you imagine what Djokovic's fanbase were saying against Seppi or Tsonga (all those MPs!!)? Would have been meltdown on here!

In all fairness, as long as Andy comes back to win I couldn't care less how much of a tit I look, him winning far outweights that.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1397 on: July 05, 2012, 04:58 PM »

I don't normally do this.. but I just read this entire thread from beginning to end. If anyone else is inclined and gets the opportunity, I thoroughly recommend it.
It's absolutely hilarious.. well, now the pressure's off, of course.  Very Happy

I had to leave the match thread at the beginning of set 2 because I couldn't stand the negativity from some posters that had started in the the 2nd game of the match. All those "pathetic" and "disgraceful" and "he'll never win a slam" comments don't seem either justified or helpful.

Then I had to go out (feeling pretty miserable) when Andy went 4-5 down in the 2nd set. Luckily my daughter was able to update me - so hearing Andy had won the 2nd tiebreak was amazing. I've looked back over the thread today - and that moment (p 54) is quite funny.  At least things do lighten up a bit as the match goes on

I'm clearly not mentally tough enough for MW when Andy's not winning.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1398 on: July 05, 2012, 05:16 PM »

I'm clearly not mentally tough enough for MW when Andy's not winning.

It does get ridiculously harsh and the culprits must surely feel a little embarrassed after for their over reactions. Well, I hope they do.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1399 on: July 05, 2012, 05:24 PM »

I had to leave the match thread at the beginning of set 2 because I couldn't stand the negativity from some posters that had started in the the 2nd game of the match. All those "pathetic" and "disgraceful" and "he'll never win a slam" comments don't seem either justified or helpful.

Boogers, Boogers, and Boogers.

The only time I used the word "pathetic" was to describe a couple of meek shots into the middle/bottom of the net.

Just wondering Mark, who are you referring to?
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1400 on: July 05, 2012, 05:54 PM »

Who is LeBron?

Fantastic basketballer. Played for the Cleveland Cavaliers and then jumped ship as a free agent to the Miami Heat when he realised he wasn't going to win anything with the Cavs. Got his first championship ring this year.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1401 on: July 05, 2012, 07:31 PM »

Was Grabcopy there at the match yesterday? I seem to remember him saying he had tickets for CC.. confused Can't remember. Hope he was, what a match to be present at!  yay
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1402 on: July 05, 2012, 09:03 PM »

It does get ridiculously harsh and the culprits must surely feel a little embarrassed after for their over reactions. Well, I hope they do.

I doubt it. Boogers is just Boogers and I know deep down inside he actually likes him quite much, but this Ghostbuster only comes here to say truly negative things about Andy - like what a loser Andy is every time he loses a match etc. I prefer not to be here during a match because it can get out of hand at times and I just don't want to be in that situation again. I love Andy and I have no problems supporting him on my own. I do think most posters here are fair in their judgments of Andy but there will be the likes of those who tend to get negative at the slightest let down. I mean we should know by now the trend Andy typically follows and I keep telling everyone that it doesn’t matter if he loses another match in a 250 or 500 or even in a Masters tournament. Clearly his mind is not there but in a GS. I mean it’s no coincidence that he’s made yet another GS semi-final here at Wimbledon along with AO this year. He also made the Qtr at RG and went out to a better player on that day. People should really get the hint by now that, Andy is no longer playing to be the most consistent player on the planet, but rather aiming to win a GS this year.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1403 on: July 05, 2012, 09:10 PM »

Was Grabcopy there at the match yesterday? I seem to remember him saying he had tickets for CC.. confused Can't remember. Hope he was, what a match to be present at!  yay

Who was it said if Andy made the qtrs he would dress as a flamingo.  I didnt see any flamingo.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1404 on: July 05, 2012, 09:24 PM »

Boogers, Boogers, and Boogers.

The only time I used the word "pathetic" was to describe a couple of meek shots into the middle/bottom of the net.
Just wondering Mark, who are you referring to?
I know who the chief culprits are, but you certainly aren't one of them. Smile

I've said some harsh things in the heat of the moment and deleted them almost immediately ever since I once read through a thread in the cold dawn of sanity.  I've always maintained that these threads should be deleted once the match is over.  Goodness knows what newbies or the guests make of them!

Who was it said if Andy made the qtrs he would dress as a flamingo.  I didnt see any flamingo.
Hmmm - I seem to remember that too ...  Maybe it's on the Andy at Wimbledon thread then we can hold them to their promise. Very Happy   
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1405 on: July 05, 2012, 09:24 PM »

^ Thanks.  I noticed your comment too. Smile  And I think there are another two MWers in there as well, so that's five of us.

Make that 6 just done my bit.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1406 on: July 06, 2012, 12:52 AM »

Pages 53 and 54 are brilliant. From miserable doom and gloom (myself included) to pure elation in the space of a couple of points.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1407 on: July 06, 2012, 01:04 AM »

I've done my bit yes and used my real name (well, part of it) Very Happy
Liked the 12,000 miles and Andy dragging you out of bed in the wee small hours. lol

As far as I can see now there are 8 definite MWers who've commented plus 1 I'm guessing at because she gives her real name, but the location and tone of her comments are a clue.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1408 on: July 06, 2012, 01:16 AM »

I've done my bit yes and used my real name (well, part of it) Very Happy
Liked the 12,000 miles and Andy dragging you out of bed in the wee small hours. lol

As far as I can see now there are 8 definite MWers who've commented plus 1 I'm guessing at because she gives her real name, but the location and tone of her comments are a clue.

Pages 53 and 54 are brilliant. From miserable doom and gloom (myself included) to pure elation in the space of a couple of points.
Just read them lol and in the middle of it all I make a comment about the weather. Rolling Eyes  Think Mark's elated posts are classic!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #1409 on: July 06, 2012, 01:20 AM »

I skipped most of the pages (just read the last 3/4) but will give those two pages a read. I can imagine though. lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 [94] 95 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »