Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon QF : Murray v Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Murray reaches his third Wimbledon semi final - 29 (100%)
The catalogue model defies a nation, and fatigue to win - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Lopez  (Read 7553 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Lopez « Reply #360 on: June 29, 2011, 07:07 PM »

Disgusted?

He panicked over an injury that didn't affect him for the rest of the match. Smile
As an athlete/sportsperson, even if you feel a twinge that may hamper your progress, it must make you panic a little bit in the middle of a match.  You are there and trying to perform.  It may be that the injury/pain subsides, but for that one moment, when it hurts, and you wonder what you've done, you must be worried in case it impedes your progress.  What people watching make of it, is a different story. Shrug
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Lopez « Reply #361 on: June 29, 2011, 07:08 PM »

I was away for most of the match, did Andy call a trainer or something?

That is EXACTLY what I was asking in response to someone saying something about him being a hypochondriac.  I haven't seen it either.  But Julia is asking me "what are you trying to say exactly, Daisy?" and I have no idea what she's talking about, nor what she's asking me  confused
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Lopez « Reply #362 on: June 29, 2011, 07:10 PM »

Of course Andy is a drama queen Smile

Well, a lot of people on here have called him a drama queen, myself included.  The question I was asking was how does HE know he has a reputation as a drama queen.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Lopez « Reply #363 on: June 29, 2011, 07:12 PM »

I was away for most of the match, did Andy call a trainer or something?
Andy stumbled at one point at the start of the 3rd and immediately clutched his groin, grimacing with pain.  But he didn't call the trainer, just kept going, although clearly in some discomfort.  He didn't make an issue of it though in his interview.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Lopez « Reply #364 on: June 29, 2011, 07:12 PM »

I'd agree that Andy is a drama queen in terms of his silliness on court at times - but not in terms of calling a trainer on Court to support an injury.  I may be wrong, but I don't recall him doing that.  His dramas are in your face, but short lived.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Lopez « Reply #365 on: June 29, 2011, 07:14 PM »

That is EXACTLY what I was asking in response to someone saying something about him being a hypochondriac.  I haven't seen it either.  But Julia is asking me "what are you trying to say exactly, Daisy?" and I have no idea what she's talking about, nor what she's asking me  confused

Andy pulled up during a point in the 3rd set, clutched his right side (I was thinking maybe pulled a muscle) but it could have been his groin.  Andy was grimacing at points after that.  No he didn't call on the trainer but Lopez did, a couple of time but no medical time outs.  Not sure what he was doing as they went to ad breaks on my livestream.  I'd just heard Petch say that Lopez had had the trainer out.  Maybe Andy just wants his team to look at the tweak he's got during the match.  But I have offered to rub the area, if needs be Whistle
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Lopez « Reply #366 on: June 29, 2011, 07:14 PM »

Andy stumbled at one point at the start of the 3rd and immediately clutched his groin, grimacing with pain.  But he didn't call the trainer, just kept going, although clearly in some discomfort.  He didn't make an issue of it either in his interview.
Thanks
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Lopez « Reply #367 on: June 29, 2011, 07:14 PM »

I'd agree that Andy is a drama queen in terms of his silliness on court at times - but not in terms of calling a trainer on Court to support an injury.  I may be wrong, but I don't recall him doing that.  His dramas are in your face, but short lived.

yes

Doing a lot of agreeing with you and I've only been here 5 minutes Very Happy
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Lopez « Reply #368 on: June 29, 2011, 07:16 PM »

Andy pulled up during a point in the 3rd set, clutched his right side (I was thinking maybe pulled a muscle) but it could have been his groin.  Andy was grimacing at points after that.  No he didn't call on the trainer but Lopez did, a couple of time but no medical time outs.  Not sure what he was doing as they went to ad breaks on my livestream.  I'd just heard Petch say that Lopez had had the trainer out.  Maybe Andy just wants his team to look at the tweak he's got during the match.  But I have offered to rub the area, if needs be Whistle

Thanks Bev Smile

Aileen just told me that the hypochondriac "issue" came in the form of a question by the interviewer after the match, so now I understand what's been going on.

Can't you switch your day off to Friday ... mens semis is so wonderful Very Happy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Lopez « Reply #369 on: June 29, 2011, 07:16 PM »

He didn't make an issue of it though in his interview.

Yeah, I got the impression that he didn't want to make a drama out of it, in the interview.  He just wanted to say yep, picked up a niggle, as all players do, and will get it treated.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Lopez « Reply #370 on: June 29, 2011, 07:17 PM »

yes

Doing a lot of agreeing with you and I've only been here 5 minutes Very Happy
GOOD!  whip  Where you been today - am curious.  Tell me tales of matching curtains and the like!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Lopez « Reply #371 on: June 29, 2011, 07:17 PM »

Thanks Bev Smile

Aileen just told me that the hypochondriac "issue" came in the form of a question by the interviewer after the match, so now I understand what's been going on.

Can't you switch your day off to Friday ... mens semis is so wonderful Very Happy

I have Friday off as tomorrow is Friday for me lol
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Lopez « Reply #372 on: June 29, 2011, 07:17 PM »

^ But let's go to 'Randomness'....  sshhh.....
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Lopez « Reply #373 on: June 29, 2011, 07:18 PM »

GOOD!  whip  Where you been today - am curious.  Tell me tales of matching curtains and the like!  Very Happy

Not into drapery purchase, eventually into drapery making (glutton for punishment).

BUT ... oh yay ... I can see the finishing line ...   Very Happy
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon QF : Murray v Lopez « Reply #374 on: June 29, 2011, 07:19 PM »

I have Friday off as tomorrow is Friday for me lol

But it's the wrong Friday Bev Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »