Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions, please
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Karlovic in 3
Karlovic in 4
Karlovic in 5
Undecided

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 44 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic

(Read 11035 times)
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 11:21 PM »

Well Linda, there's not a lot about of Karlovic, so I went with these

Good choice Bev. As you say there's choice, but thats a nice pic of Ivo and Andy wtih his charming smile.
With Andy being 2nd on CC after Serena I may just get home in time to see the 2nd/3rd sets.

I'm off to bed now, ZZZZZZZzzzzzz Nighty night!

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 11:36 PM »

wave Night Linda.  I'm hoping to catch up on some sleep today, so that I can watch tonight, well Friday really lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 11:39 PM »

BBC have just shown it on interactive, Murray is indeed second on centre.

Hope it pours with rain tomorrow!!!
Why - other than the fact that he'll play under the roof?  Anyway forecast is for dry but humid weather.

The match follows Serena Williams/Melinda Czink (ranked No.97 but has been as high as 37), so Andy on approx. 3:30 pm.

Unless Andy serves at least as well as he did on Tuesday, then I predict this match will go beyond 3 sets.  Andy in 4 for me.

[ Last edit by Aileen June 28, 2012, 12:16 AM ] IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 11:40 PM »

I think Murray in three. Four tops. Murray has always been able to handle the big servers well; he neutralizes their one big advantage with his returns. I can't see Karlovic taking a set unless Murray has a poor serving day, like below 55% first serves. Otherwise Andy in 3, GO ANDY!!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 12:13 AM »

Is it these videos you found Linda - San Jose?

IP Logged
Geo
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 12:56 AM »

Is it these videos you found Linda - San Jose?

Good win for Gilles Simon over Marcos Baghdatis in the Marseille final and Barcelona losing 2-1 against Valencia could cost them the Title come June. 

The Cincinatti match in 2008 was when Murray lobbed karlovic over and over again to absolute perfection.  Hopefully we will see that again today. 
[ Last edit by Geo June 28, 2012, 01:06 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 06:54 AM »

Hope this doesn't come back to bite me but....am not in the least worried by this one. Am saving "behind the sofa" for Raonic/Delpotro etc if that should happen.
Andy in 3 yay yay yay
IP Logged
strider
Junior

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 07:20 AM »

I think Murray in three. Four tops. Murray has always been able to handle the big servers well; he neutralizes their one big advantage with his returns. I can't see Karlovic taking a set unless Murray has a poor serving day, like below 55% first serves. Otherwise Andy in 3, GO ANDY!!

I fully expect Murray to take a bit off his first serve and make sure the majority stay in, because he'll have few concerns about Karlovic's return.

For those not sure how he'll approach it, or who have forgotten over the years, check out recent performances against Feliciano Lopez. Placement over power on serve, very few points lost behind the serve, and patience on the return waiting for those break opportunities in the knowledge they won't be easy to convert but will eventually wear Karlovic down.

Like above, hope this doesn't come back to haunt me, but I'm very relaxed about this one.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 07:23 AM »

Andy will make Karlovic bend down so much that he,ll be meeting himself going down as he,s coming up.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #24 on: June 28, 2012, 08:15 AM »

I think Andy usually has K's serve worked out and if he plays like Tuesday clearly it's no contest.  But it will be difficult for Andy to maintain that level match in match out especially against a player who takes away your rhythm as Andy said.  It won't be a pretty match that's for sure. 
bbh I do have a memory of you posting something similar not that long ago before a shock defeat for Andy [or am I nightmaring it?] so I for one won't relax until it's over. 
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 08:16 AM »

Thanks to Bevc and Aileen for their info and thanks to the BBC,poverty stricken peasants like me, will be able to sit,watch and hope this afternoon
  Also thanks to the organisers of Wimbledon, Murray won't have to worry about the weather.Murray will win in three sets.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 08:42 AM »

Do remember that too, Ruthie, but that wasn't a slam. In best of 3 frankly anything can happen, but in best of 5, cream rises to the top. Remember Raoinic match? By the end of the second set a) R. wasn't serving as well probably because  b) Andy had started to read the serve, but by then it was too late.
Also, if I'm gonna be biting my nails  against IK, what the heck am I gonna be doing against Delpot or Raonic? Will be biting my elbows! Whistle
Andy in 3  yay yay yay
[ Last edit by blueberryhill June 28, 2012, 08:52 AM ] IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 10:22 AM »

Andy will make Karlovic bend down so much that he,ll be meeting himself going down as he,s coming up.

lmao

I'm going with Andy in 3! Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 11:39 AM »

I don't know nervous although Karlovic's record in matches that have gone to 5 sets, should it come to that, is poor.

"It's a tough match," said Murray. "It's very hard to get into a rhythm against someone like that. "He's made it very difficult for a lot of players over the last five or six years because he serves so well and makes you feel pretty uncomfortable on the court."

He added: "There's going to be games where you might not even touch the ball where he's serving, so you need to try to stay in the zone and not lose focus on your service games. I'll need to serve well against him.

"A lot depends on the day when you're playing a guy that's 6ft 10in, because a lot of it is just reaction. Sometimes you'll see it, sometimes you might pick a couple serves in a row, sometimes you won't."

http://sport.uk.msn.com/tennis/murray-ready-for-rockets-from-karlovic
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 12:22 PM »

^ Andy said what I was thinking last night..about it going to be hard for him to get his rythm going.
If he can bring R1 Andy to this, then all will be good.
I'm NOT getting on that Murray-Coaster today. ignore
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 44 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »