Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Andrey Kuznetsov, Saturday, Estimated time - 5:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions, please
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Karlovic in 3
Karlovic in 4
Karlovic in 5
Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic

(Read 10908 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #630 on: June 29, 2012, 03:22 PM »

Ridiculous to suggest Andy will now coast to the final. Raonic and Tsonga are massive hurdles.
Well Raonic has gone ...

... but I will personally throttle the next person who says "Will this be Andy's year?" (unless they're a member of MW wink)   We're only coming up to R3.  There's still a long rocky road ahead.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #631 on: June 29, 2012, 05:02 PM »

I'm sure you all saw this interview with Andy, but here it is anyway.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18635247
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #632 on: June 29, 2012, 05:07 PM »

I saw an interview yesterday with Andy after seeing his match last night, and he was talking about how it's not good to get upset on the court because of what it does to the next point.  That if you lose a point, you just have to move on.  I wondered to myself, just what has happened with Andy, I mean here is a guy who bloodied his knuckles on his racquet, beat up his shoes, yelled obcenities, and yelled at his box and suddenly he is this calm, mild mannered guy on court......it's wonderful and seems to be having an effect on his tennis.  Lendl has put a hypnotic spell on him maybe.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #633 on: June 29, 2012, 05:16 PM »

I believe Andy is growing up and making that transition slowly but steadily. He's becoming a man.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #634 on: June 29, 2012, 07:52 PM »

I totally agree that Andy is growing up.  It was becoming evident at the end of last year.

One of Baggy's wins was at Rotterdam when Andy was so down after the AO against Djokovic so personally I do not think we should pay much attention to that win.  Andy will use his head again and all those shots in his arsenal.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #635 on: June 29, 2012, 10:09 PM »

I saw an interview yesterday with Andy after seeing his match last night, and he was talking about how it's not good to get upset on the court because of what it does to the next point.  That if you lose a point, you just have to move on.  I wondered to myself, just what has happened with Andy, I mean here is a guy who bloodied his knuckles on his racquet, beat up his shoes, yelled obcenities, and yelled at his box and suddenly he is this calm, mild mannered guy on court......it's wonderful and seems to be having an effect on his tennis.  Lendl has put a hypnotic spell on him maybe.
It's taken him long enough to realise that!  People have been saying for years he should channel his frustrations into his game and not dwell on lost points or poor shots.  Thankfully Lendl seems to have managed to get this across to him.  The only thing I would like to see back is some of that old fire - just a bit more of that raw emotion.  There's never any harm in a little of that if it gets him going.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #636 on: June 29, 2012, 10:43 PM »

Barry Cowan is shocked and criticises Karlovic for his reaction. Wrong to come with assertions of conspiring to fix a Murray win and at the press conference.

Good for you Barry! Well said.

http://bcove.me/aty327f2
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #637 on: June 29, 2012, 10:48 PM »

The hype has already started as, of course, we knew it would.  On BBC Breakfast this morning they said that there was no-one now standing in the way of Andy getting to the final except Roddick, who is passed his best, and Ferrer, who doesn't play well on grass - nothing about the other dangerous players that he has to navigate.  If he now doesn't make the final it will be nothing less than abject failure as far as the media is concerned!
I cannot believe these people are paid to talk utter nonsense. It's an insult to the viewers to have such poor quality commentators and sports journalists! bs
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #638 on: June 29, 2012, 11:03 PM »

Barry Cowan is shocked and criticises Karlovic for his reaction. Wrong to come with assertions of conspiring to fix a Murray win and at the press conference.

Good for you Barry! Well said.

http://bcove.me/aty327f2
Barry is absolutely right when he says that the line judges are highly trained, experienced people, and not just anyone coming in for a two week stint.

The same of course goes for the ball-boys/girls.  What they have to go through is an almost military-style training course.  In addition to physical drills they are expected to sit written tests to make sure they fully understand the rules of the game, etiquette, etc.  Not for the faint-hearted!
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #639 on: June 29, 2012, 11:21 PM »

Well I did predict Raonic would go out early. I don't understand why everyone raves about this guy. What has he won?

Theres no doubt Andy is favourite in his half of the draw to reach the final. But that puts a little bit extra pressure on him. Cilic would be unpredictable and Im kind of rooting for Querrey because Andy handled him easily before at wimbledon.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #640 on: June 29, 2012, 11:38 PM »

It seems that Karlovic is making an official complaint - and he's even dragging the BBC into the "conspiracy".

Foot in mouth ... now Murray's 'victim' makes official protest [Mail, 29 June]

Ivo Karlovic will make an official complaint to Wimbledon and demand an inquiry into the foot-fault row that blew up in his defeat by Andy Murray.

The 6ft 10in Croat was unhappy that a series of foot-fault calls went against him on Centre Court, claiming it was a deliberate ploy to help Murray win the match.

He stood by his claims on Friday and demanded a public apology from the All England Club, while suggesting that the BBC were also in on the conspiracy

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2166752/Wimbledon-2012-Andy-Murrays-victim-Ivo-Karlovic-makes-official-protest.html#ixzz1zDyPwgJB
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #641 on: June 30, 2012, 01:43 AM »

What a bloody fool.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #642 on: June 30, 2012, 01:55 AM »

Of all things, the officials and BBC had to come up with the idea of foot faulting Karlovic 11 times to ensure a Murray win or else there was no way no how. Whoever came up with this idea is nothing but a sheer genius.

(Am just being sarcastic here)

[ Last edit by Emma Jean June 30, 2012, 03:30 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #643 on: June 30, 2012, 06:55 AM »

Lol u couldn't make it up! A cushy draw like Fed's would have been a much better idea of "helping" Andy out. Hope there's some mobile phone evidence about.
Am surprised foot fault judges weren't replaced every hour though, aren't the line judges regularily replaced?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R2: Murray vs Karlovic « Reply #644 on: June 30, 2012, 04:35 PM »

Lol u couldn't make it up! A cushy draw like Fed's would have been a much better idea of "helping" Andy out. Hope there's some mobile phone evidence about.
Am surprised foot fault judges weren't replaced every hour though, aren't the line judges regularily replaced?
A hawkeye system has been suggested - but would it really justify the expense?  Paranoid idiots like Karlovic are not par for the course and, according to Andy, foot-faults are fairly rare these days anyway (can't remember why though).
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »