Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 59 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis

(Read 10285 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 01:50 AM »

That chicken is freakishly quick!
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 06:21 AM »

chicken gif is tooooo funny. Very Happy

baggy is pretty good on grass. he could steal a set, but i think andy in 3 sets, maybe a tight one or two, or possibly andy in 4 sets. but should be no prob for andy.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 07:34 AM »

The really good news is that Andy will now feel as if he has half an hour to return Baggy's serve...Wink
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 02:19 PM »

Raonic is gone. Smile

Winner of this takes on winner of Cilic/Querrey.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 02:39 PM »

Baggy won't be easy but won't be as tough as Ivo. Andy will be able to relax from time to time at least and that's important. He has much tougher rounds coming up.

He had to stay extremely focused against the big monk today and that's always tough for Andy we all know it.
Well you've sort of contradicted yourself EJ - Andy cannot relax, not even for a second, if he's to remain totally focused in matches, and this one is no exception.  He should be pretty buoyed up after beating Davydenko, and particularly Karlovic, but Baggy's an unpredictable player who has also had the benefit of an easy R2 encounter.  Andy needs to conserve as much mental and physical energy as possible so hopefully will come out firing on all cylinders from the start and despatch Baggy in 3, but nothing can be taken for granted.  However this is their first meeting on grass since 2006, so should be another interesting match, and one which I'm not looking beyond.

Raonic is gone. Smile

Winner of this takes on winner of Cilic/Querrey.
In a very close 4-setter which should have been worth watching.  I'm feeling quite relieved though.

Meanwhile Djoko is one set down against Stepanek and leading 3-2 in the second.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 02:59 PM »

Well you've sort of contradicted yourself EJ - Andy cannot relax, not even for a second, if he's to remain totally focused in matches, and this one is no exception.  He should be pretty buoyed up after beating Davydenko, and particularly Karlovic, but Baggy's an unpredictable player who has also had the benefit of an easy R2 encounter.  Andy needs to conserve as much mental and physical energy as possible so hopefully will come out firing on all cylinders from the start and despatch Baggy in 3, but nothing can be taken for granted.  However this is their first meeting on grass since 2006, so should be another interesting match, and one which I'm not looking beyond.

In a very close 4-setter which should have been worth watching.  I'm feeling quite relieved though.

Meanwhile Djoko is one set down against Stepanek and leading 3-2 in the second.

Sorry, what I meant is against Baggy Andy won't have to both serve and return well just as much. We all know against Karlo there's no luxury of letting go even a bit. He had to stay focused every singly second. I don't think that will be case against Baggy though the margin is definitely quite narrow, but stil itl helps - every tiny bit. But you are right, Andy got it really tough and he will have to stay highly focused if he wants to win this and it doesn't matter who his opponents are.

I just found the match against Karlo quite dangerous whereas I think Baggy will be really tricky. Nothing can be taken for granted for sure.

IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #21 on: June 29, 2012, 06:53 PM »

I was so impressed with how Andy kept his cool and just kept pushing forward with Karlovic.

So Andy, once again stay focused and use your smarts to outwit Marcos.  The mild mannered Marcos can become unfocused as we have witnessed.

Good Luck Andy Mr Magic, let your racquet do the talking, and come away the winner over Bagdatis!!
 cmonandy
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #22 on: June 29, 2012, 07:47 PM »

Anyone seen the OOP for tomorrow?
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012, 07:53 PM »

I don't see Baggy giving Andy much trouble.  Was way more worried about Karlovic.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 08:19 PM »

Not out yet from what I can see on the web site. Hoping for a lateish one got to work.
IP Logged
batz

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 08:30 PM »

Andy 3rd on centre behind Serena v Zheng, Roddick v Ferrer - and I have tickets!  Woot-woot!  yay
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 09:02 PM »

The player I was most worried about was Karlovic and Raonic - hopefully Andy can keep focussed and take one match at a time. Here's hoping that Ferrer gets taken out aswell.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 09:13 PM »

Andy 3rd on centre behind Serena v Zheng, Roddick v Ferrer - and I have tickets!  Woot-woot!  yay

Lucky you!  The Roddick/Ferrer match could be a long one.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 09:40 PM »

Sue said last match two nights running have been tight and whos on last tommorrow? Our Andy, lets hope shes wrong and Andy doesnt give us all a scare, or worse! pray
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #29 on: June 29, 2012, 09:53 PM »

Hush Tessie!!

So now we know the OOP - anyone care to estimate the time of the match, so's the info can be updated - although that can always be amended as the matches progress? I say approx 6:30 pm

Trouble is that at this stage of the tournament the matches start getting longer and longer, but at least there's the roof now so play can continue after dark.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 59 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »