Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 59 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis

(Read 11258 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 10:02 PM »

Ferrer wouldn't trouble Murray on this surface.

Hope for a very undramatic straight sets victory for Andy tomorrow!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 11:21 PM »

Raonic is gone. Smile

Winner of this takes on winner of Cilic/Querrey.
Querry beat Raonic in 4, but the 1st 3 sets went to tie-breaker !!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 11:28 PM »

Just listened to the weather forecast.  Fairly dry but blustery conditions are expected - and that will make life more difficult for the players.  Also Andy is never very happy in these conditions, so I'm kind of hoping that the match is on late enough for them to close the roof.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #33 on: June 29, 2012, 11:35 PM »

Thing is I can't recall Andy having an easy match under the roof. The Wawrinka one was a real nail-biter and the one last year versus the unrated Spanish chap Andy lost the 1st set. Also looking at Fed's match tonight again under the roof. Is the roof an equalizer?
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #34 on: June 30, 2012, 12:09 AM »

Nole said after his match that the roof makes things more humid, which has two main effects: 1st, players have to adjust their footwork, as it's more slippery (esp in week 1, i assume), and 2nd, the humidity makes the balls puff up and become heavier, so I would imagine this would help a big, flat hitter (like rosol) but neutralize spin? wawrinka, for example, hits flat usually. 
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #35 on: June 30, 2012, 12:10 AM »

Lucky you!  The Roddick/Ferrer match could be a long one.
Now I'm really nervous.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #36 on: June 30, 2012, 01:18 AM »

Nole said after his match that the roof makes things more humid, which has two main effects: 1st, players have to adjust their footwork, as it's more slippery (esp in week 1, i assume), and 2nd, the humidity makes the balls puff up and become heavier, so I would imagine this would help a big, flat hitter (like rosol) but neutralize spin? wawrinka, for example, hits flat usually. 
Thanks for that info.  Maybe now I'm hoping they don't need the roof!  However, if the match is really late then I hope they have the sense to close the roof before it starts and not interrupt it, as at least 40 minutes is required - 10 to close it and a further 30 to ensure there's no condensation on the grass due to the air-conditioning.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #37 on: June 30, 2012, 01:32 AM »

Glad it's later as we're meeting my aunt and uncle who are up on holiday for lunch Smile Mum and I wouldn't have left the house if he was on early lol
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #38 on: June 30, 2012, 06:38 AM »

lol

Right, treated myself to a Thornton's alpine bar today and am saving it for the match later Little tongue man and got a bag of mini hobnobs left too - be prepared!
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #39 on: June 30, 2012, 06:48 AM »

Alieen, your welcome. Smile I too hope that whatever happens, they get to play in consistent conditions throughout - all roof or no roof.

Looking forward to this match - happy it is later so I can see it all. Go Andy!
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #40 on: June 30, 2012, 07:57 AM »

I have been watching the press recently and why is it that whenever Andy is playing someone they have to publish how they are going to finish him off?  This does not seem to happen to the other top players even in their own countries.  I think Andy is wonderful in the way he ignores all this rubbish.

The last time someone who is coached by one of Andy's old coaches Andy smashed him.. Nishikori who came out and said that Brad Gilbert had shown him how to beat Andy.  Now Bagdatis has said much the same thing.  We have wait and see!!

Do you think these coaches are suffering from sour grapes!
[ Last edit by tamila June 30, 2012, 08:04 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #41 on: June 30, 2012, 08:17 AM »

tamila, in interview, Andy countered that one, by saying he had already beaten Baggy whilst Miles has been coaching him Whistle
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #42 on: June 30, 2012, 08:20 AM »

Thanks.  I did not see that interview.
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #43 on: June 30, 2012, 09:18 AM »

Querry beat Raonic in 4, but the 1st 3 sets went to tie-breaker !!!

Wow, the player I was most worried about Andy playing early doors was Raonic, now it seems he is gone, along with Rafa, the brute player always in wait at the end of the corridor.   devil

Last night I watched Federer and it was almost a relief to seem him come back and win, because the tournament was beginning to open up so much, I was starting to feel vertigo!   jaw

Play the man in front of you, Andy!  Relax back into your serve and enjoy its power and ability to deliver cheap points!  Rock ya

IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #44 on: June 30, 2012, 09:24 AM »

Murray is certainly the favourite but I am not sure that it is a total done deal.

I was at Marcos match with Grigor and even though Grigor pulled out the first set was a decent level he looks very fit!

First set for me is crucial for Macros to have a chance if he nicks that then I think its an open match otherwise I would say Murray in 4 sets
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 59 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »