Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 59 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis

(Read 12384 times)
Flossie

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #45 on: June 30, 2012, 09:45 AM »

Andy has to keep his mind on the game to-day at all times. Baghdatis is a chess player on the court and Andy plays poker hopefully lucky deals today . You can do it Andy.
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #46 on: June 30, 2012, 10:07 AM »

Andy has to keep his mind on the game to-day at all times. Baghdatis is a chess player on the court and Andy plays poker hopefully lucky deals today . You can do it Andy.

As long as it doesn't end up a lottery!  Whistle
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #47 on: June 30, 2012, 10:30 AM »

Very Happy
lol

Right, treated myself to a Thornton's alpine bar today and am saving it for the match later Little tongue man and got a bag of mini hobnobs left too - be prepared!
You are incurable Bev. And incorrigable!
Enjoy your choccies. I enjoy my olives and salty snacks, but I cant eat much when Andy plays as I'm too nervous until he gets to the home run...
Talk to you later today! Very Happy goodman
IP Logged
Adrian

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #48 on: June 30, 2012, 11:38 AM »

should be a nice tennis match, as both players have a good all round game. I personally feel that Baghdatis best surface is grass and that Andy should not take Baghdatis lightly today. Andy is a better player in all departments: serve, return of serve, winners and unforced errors, however the margins are quite small in this tournament so far. Looking forward to it, always a good match up. Come on andy.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #49 on: June 30, 2012, 11:41 AM »

I always get nervous when Andy plays Baghdatis. He's struggled with him in the past, and Baghdatis really pushed Novak last year.

Should be an entertaining match, but hope for the minimum amount of Murraycoasters!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #50 on: June 30, 2012, 12:45 PM »

:DYou are incurable Bev. And incorrigable!
Enjoy your choccies. I enjoy my olives and salty snacks, but I cant eat much when Andy plays as I'm too nervous until he gets to the home run...
Talk to you later today! Very Happy goodman

I have to have something to hand - all the wine has gone!  Maybe a smidgin of Cointreau left, and that's it!

From beeb text:

1229:
CELEB SPOT!

The great and good from the world of sport will be in the Royal Box today and there's someone for everyone. In prime position in the front row will be Sir Bobby Charlton, Jack Nicklaus, Andrew Strauss and Dame Kelly Holmes. A row behind you'll find Ryan Giggs, Owen Farrell, Alastair Cook and Martina Navratilova. And plonked in the cheap seats are Phil Tufnell, Boris Becker, Leon Smith, Judy Murray and many many more.

I'm off to get ready for the tennis to come on and doze a bit yawn on the sofa. wave 
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #51 on: June 30, 2012, 01:44 PM »

Good luck Andy. thumb up Let's have a master class and a gr8 tennis match, instead of the last horror show- nothing to do with Andy, how can anyone find the kind of tennis K plays entertaining Sticking tongue out.
Come on yay yay yay
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #52 on: June 30, 2012, 02:25 PM »

I have been watching the press recently and why is it that whenever Andy is playing someone they have to publish how they are going to finish him off?  This does not seem to happen to the other top players even in their own countries.  I think Andy is wonderful in the way he ignores all this rubbish.

The last time someone who is coached by one of Andy's old coaches Andy smashed him.. Nishikori who came out and said that Brad Gilbert had shown him how to beat Andy.  Now Bagdatis has said much the same thing.  We have wait and see!!

Do you think these coaches are suffering from sour grapes!
Andy was asked about Miles Maclagan in an interview yesterday and he said that he wasn't bothered about anything Maclagan might have told Baggy, and so I imagine the same goes for Gilbert/ Nishikori.  Why should he be?  He knows his own strengths and weaknesses and must have a good idea how to beat them since he's already done so.  Lendl will have his own input too.

From beeb text:

1229:
CELEB SPOT!

The great and good from the world of sport will be in the Royal Box today and there's someone for everyone. In prime position in the front row will be Sir Bobby Charlton, Jack Nicklaus, Andrew Strauss and Dame Kelly Holmes. A row behind you'll find Ryan Giggs, Owen Farrell, Alastair Cook and Martina Navratilova. And plonked in the cheap seats are Phil Tufnell, Boris Becker, Leon Smith, Judy Murray and many many more.
Oh don't I know it!  Half an hour of hype and celeb-introducing which meant ladies' match didn't start till 1:30 and Zheng has just take the 1st set on a TB after about 50 mins of play.  I can see Andy's match being pushed further and further back. nervous

Inevitably the Murray Mania has gone through the roof with the departure of Nadal, with all tickets sold out by 7:30 am, and record crowds, so putting even more pressure on Andy - one reason I wasn't too happy about his early exit.

Very windy conditions out there, so hope it dies down a bit, although if roof goes on it won't matter. 
IP Logged
mcenroeforever
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #53 on: June 30, 2012, 02:38 PM »

Andy will enjoy this match much more than the last round that's for sure!..it might take 4 or even 5 sets today but he should make it through ok I think. yay
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #54 on: June 30, 2012, 02:46 PM »

Hi Flossie! wave  Welcome to MW!  I like your comment. Smile  I'm certainly not taking anything for granted with this match.  Baggy is comfortable on grass and is the ultimate showman who will be in his element on CC, especially if his Cypriot pals are in full voice.  Hopefully the crowd will be even more vocal for Andy.  I think he will do it, his confidence must be high after his last two matches, especially the Karlovic one, but predict a four-setter.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #55 on: June 30, 2012, 04:08 PM »

Roddick/Ferrer haven't even started.  Estimated time now 7:30 pm
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #56 on: June 30, 2012, 04:15 PM »

Did anyone just listen to that sickening interview that Sue "I Luv U Roger"Barker just did with the king of smug?  OMG he is one almighty k**b!!  How much does he love himself?  He just cannot resist a wee swipe at Andy, he must feel threatened by him, obviously that winning head to head in Andy's favour must really grate him......

IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #57 on: June 30, 2012, 04:20 PM »

Did anyone just listen to that sickening interview that Sue "I Luv U Roger"Barker just did with the king of smug?  OMG he is one almighty k**b!!  How much does he love himself?  He just cannot resist a wee swipe at Andy, he must feel threatened by him, obviously that winning head to head in Andy's favour must really grate him......

I watched a bit of it then had to leave the room to vomit.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #58 on: June 30, 2012, 04:22 PM »

Well Sue is desperate as the only man who fancied her was Cliff Richard.... Mind you what with the amount of lines on her face, their must be a desperate junkie somewhere。
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #59 on: June 30, 2012, 04:23 PM »

Just imagine how much worse it would have been if Annabel Croft had been doing the interview!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 59 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »