Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis

(Read 11018 times)
Rachie
Seed

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #855 on: July 01, 2012, 12:04 AM »

Still hyped....That was so cool i loved it ( in the 4th set i hated the 1st 2 sets!) He's playing Cilic next who mmm will be feeling just a little bit tired after all the 17-15 final set. You feel if andy can get set 1, cillic will start to tire. Potro- Ferrer could go long too...so who knows.

Very intersting quarter indeed, andy will have to be in Davydenko mode to beat Cillic though, no faffing around.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #856 on: July 01, 2012, 12:24 AM »

Skybet have Andy 4-1 ON to beat Cilic.
Cilic is 3-1 against
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #857 on: July 01, 2012, 12:31 AM »

Can't believe he got that done in the timescale.  What is wrong with these Wimbly nerds that they can't close the roof before a match that they know is going to go on well into the night starts?  Frigging nuts to interrupt a match like that.  ranting
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #858 on: July 01, 2012, 12:37 AM »

Assuming Andy can take care of a tired Cilic then he plays Ferrer/Delpo. Thats the kind of match that could be a real 5 set slug-fest. Hopefully they can knock each other out.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #859 on: July 01, 2012, 12:38 AM »

I never get to hear the interviews! Unfair!
He admitted to being nervous, missing opportunities in the first two sets, and also that the wind was troubling him.  However, he did acknowledge Baggy's great performance and admitted he himself had had some luck as well.  When asked about the knee he said it had felt a little sore and stiff at the roof-break and, as was obvious, had had the physio attend to it.  When they showed a clip of the fall (and it did look quite nasty) he said he preferred not to look at it!   He also said he had some way to go before he could think about the final.

Hopefully the knee will not be a problem against Cilic who could be pretty knackered after his marathon.  Meanwhile it would be interesting to hear Dr Wade's verdict on this injury [sarcasm], which I think Andy dealt with with the minimum amount of fuss.

Hopefully too this match will be Andy's one hiccup in the tournament!  Further roller-coasters we do not need. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #860 on: July 01, 2012, 12:41 AM »

Total aside note - does anyone else think Judy Murray looks thin, pale and ill?  Quite shocked by her appearance today and hope the lady is keeping well. I noticed she's been absent for a while and I hope it's not to do with her health.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #861 on: July 01, 2012, 12:43 AM »

Total aside note - does anyone else think Judy Murray looks thin, pale and ill?  Quite shocked by her appearance today and hope the lady is keeping well. I noticed she's been absent for a while and I hope it's not to do with her health.

Fed Cup captain, so she's got a lot of other responsibilities now. Not always going to be in Andy's support box.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #862 on: July 01, 2012, 12:46 AM »

Fed Cup captain, so she's got a lot of other responsibilities now. Not always going to be in Andy's support box.
Eh? Run that past me again...
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #863 on: July 01, 2012, 12:48 AM »

Eh? Run that past me again...

Hard to do this without sounding like a patronising twat, but here goes.

She's been absent from Murray's support box recently, as she now leads the Fed Cup team, so she's been out with Watson, Robson, Baltacha, Keothavong. Mentoring, coaching, and tutoring those ladies.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #864 on: July 01, 2012, 12:50 AM »

see Judy Murray steps back from cheering Andy Murray to support women's game
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/01/tennis-first-lady-support-women-game
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #865 on: July 01, 2012, 12:52 AM »

Can't believe he got that done in the timescale.  What is wrong with these Wimbly nerds that they can't close the roof before a match that they know is going to go on well into the night starts?  Frigging nuts to interrupt a match like that.  ranting
I just want to know why they can't start matches earlier than 1 pm same as all the other Slams, and in fact most tournaments, then beat-the-clock matches would be avoided.  The public are allowed in at 10 am, so what's the problem?  Oh I know - the strawberry 'n' pimms brigade, who know f*** all about tennis, must have their lunchy-muchnies first.  Got to get their priorities right.  Pathetic!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #866 on: July 01, 2012, 12:55 AM »

Hard to do this without sounding like a patronising twat, but here goes.

She's been absent from Murray's support box recently, as she now leads the Fed Cup team, so she's been out with Watson, Robson, Baltacha, Keothavong. Mentoring, coaching, and tutoring those ladies.
I think that's great. The lady did all she could do for her son - and who knows, maybe the apron strings had to be cut.  However, I think she looks very ill and frail today. 
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #867 on: July 01, 2012, 12:56 AM »

I looked ill and frail in that third set. lmao And I'm a 21 year old.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #868 on: July 01, 2012, 12:56 AM »

She's been watching the ladies most of the week Elly.  She's never been a meaty one, imo.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #869 on: July 01, 2012, 12:58 AM »

I just want to know why they can't start matches earlier than 1 pm same as all the other Slams, and in fact most tournaments, then beat-the-clock matches would be avoided.  The public are allowed in at 10 am, so what's the problem?  Oh I know - the strawberry 'n' pimms brigade, who know f*** all about tennis, must have their lunchy-muchnies first.  Got to get their priorities right.  Pathetic!
It is pathetic, Aileen.  The only reason the match tonight stopped at 11 was to let people get home by train or by tube.  Sorry - but get an effing taxi.  This was a very crucial match and it was about the two guys playing it - not about the spectators.  Total pish re British priorities.  
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »