Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis

(Read 10058 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #870 on: July 01, 2012, 01:00 AM »

I looked ill and frail in that third set. lmao And I'm a 21 year old.
**** off!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #871 on: July 01, 2012, 01:03 AM »

It is pathetic, Aileen.  The only reason the match tonight stopped at 11 was to let people get home by train or by tube.  Sorry - but get an effing taxi.  This was a very crucial match and it was about the two guys playing it - not about the spectators.  Total pish re British priorities.  
As I said earlier I cannot believe that a city like London doesn't have buses and trains running at that time of night.  How do folk get home from West End shows?  I know that 40 years ago everything stopped by about midnight, but things have surely moved on from then!  Even Edinburgh can scrape together a decent night-time bus service.

[ Last edit by Aileen July 01, 2012, 01:13 AM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #872 on: July 01, 2012, 01:07 AM »

As I said earlier I cannot believe that a city like London doesn't have buses and trains running at that time of night.  How do folk get home from West End shows?  I know that 40 years ago everything stopped by about midnight, but things have surely moved on from then!  Even Edinburgh can scrape together a decent night-time bus service.
Seems a bit lame re the time thing, but our boy did it.  Looking forward to next week.  Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #873 on: July 01, 2012, 01:13 AM »

I think that's great. The lady did all she could do for her son - and who knows, maybe the apron strings had to be cut.  However, I think she looks very ill and frail today.  
I didn't think she looked all that great either, but she always was a bit gaunt looking.  She certainly looked OK in a photo taken yesterday, but that match must have been hell for her and Kim to watch, and I thought Kim looked pretty drawn as well.

I agree about the apron strings - high time they were cut.  Andy's a big boy now.

IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #874 on: July 01, 2012, 05:23 AM »

Well done Andy , what a star. yay
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #875 on: July 01, 2012, 12:03 PM »

No tennis today, so going to watch a re-run of this match!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #876 on: July 01, 2012, 12:12 PM »

Seems a bit lame re the time thing, but our boy did it.  Looking forward to next week.  Smile
My my my, look who,s turned up.
When did they let you out? hug
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #877 on: July 01, 2012, 02:02 PM »

Total aside note - does anyone else think Judy Murray looks thin, pale and ill?  Quite shocked by her appearance today and hope the lady is keeping well. I noticed she's been absent for a while and I hope it's not to do with her health.
She has been with the British girls this week, was at all their matches supporting them, as well as doing her sports 4 fun sessions with parents and their children.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #878 on: July 01, 2012, 10:32 PM »

He admitted to being nervous, missing opportunities in the first two sets, and also that the wind was troubling him.  However, he did acknowledge Baggy's great performance and admitted he himself had had some luck as well.  When asked about the knee he said it had felt a little sore and stiff at the roof-break and, as was obvious, had had the physio attend to it.  When they showed a clip of the fall (and it did look quite nasty) he said he preferred not to look at it!   He also said he had some way to go before he could think about the final.

Hopefully the knee will not be a problem against Cilic who could be pretty knackered after his marathon.  Meanwhile it would be interesting to hear Dr Wade's verdict on this injury [sarcasm], which I think Andy dealt with with the minimum amount of fuss.

Hopefully too this match will be Andy's one hiccup in the tournament!  Further roller-coasters we do not need. Rolling Eyes
Thanks for the orientation. Ahhhh yes Dr Wade, or was it Professor Wade? The know it all. All round, all England tennis Wonder Woman.

I still cant understand how he gets so nervous at the start of matches when he plays so often. Would think he'd find a coping mechanism...but, its maybe easy to talk, not everything in life is logical.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #879 on: July 01, 2012, 10:34 PM »

I think that's great. The lady did all she could do for her son - and who knows, maybe the apron strings had to be cut.  However, I think she looks very ill and frail today. 
I thought that too. Very bony face and gaunt. She's maybe over stretching herself with her work?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #880 on: July 02, 2012, 12:31 AM »

Thanks for the orientation. Ahhhh yes Dr Wade, or was it Professor Wade? The know it all. All round, all England tennis Wonder Woman.

I still cant understand how he gets so nervous at the start of matches when he plays so often. Would think he'd find a coping mechanism...but, its maybe easy to talk, not everything in life is logical.
It strikes me Andy has become more nervous since he took Lendl on board.  I'm sure he never used to be as bad as this, at least not in the early stages of a tournament. Could it be a desire to please?  Or perhaps a fear of letting Lendl down and thereby running the risk of losing him as his coach?

A certain amount of nervousness is only normal, and in fact desirable because the adrenaline it produces gives that extra little edge to things, but it certainly shouldn't be inhibiting.  However, he appeared, outwardly at least, to be more composed against Davydenko and Karlovic, so maybe it's simply that, like most of us mere mortals, he has days when he feels good and confident and others when it's 'a bad day at the office'.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #881 on: July 02, 2012, 05:03 AM »

Wish I would have seen the match, surely some of it is on YouTube.  I couldn't get on the internet at my sons house so I didn't know if he won or lost....had to text my daughter to find out.  I will have to look for his interview.

I did see him throw in the first two aces after the roof closed, then I had to leave...arghhh

I guess as each Grand Slam comes along, Andy gets a little more nervous due to wanting it so bad.  Why do we as fans get so nervous each time he plays?  I guess we want him to win so bad.

What time is his match tomorrow....I hear he is not on Center Court.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #882 on: July 02, 2012, 05:13 AM »

Here are some final highlights
http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/interactive/multimedia.html?id=M0aTFhNTqqhkf6xJAlMaR9lCM-Ts7YfG
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #883 on: July 02, 2012, 09:10 PM »

Typical British planning,.  The Olympics will be a shambles if this is the type of people organising it.  I cannot believe that after spending all that money on the roof they waste 3 hrs to finish a match whcih could easily be moved on to the CC.   I am sure they have done this at other GS's in the past so that they can finish them.  It would be so sensible as it will rain most of tomorrow.  This has happened to Andy before when he has had to play one day after the other at a GS.  I cannot remember where.  Perhaps they are afraid of more accusations of favouritism!!!!  But that seems to be mainly given to Federer wherever he plays.

I wonder what they would do if it rained throughout the Wimbledon weeks which is possible with our weather.

Thank you to whoever it was said you can see the matches on the BBC website.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R3: Murray v Baghdatis « Reply #884 on: July 03, 2012, 12:57 AM »

Typical British planning,.  The Olympics will be a shambles if this is the type of people organising it.  I cannot believe that after spending all that money on the roof they waste 3 hrs to finish a match whcih could easily be moved on to the CC.   I am sure they have done this at other GS's in the past so that they can finish them.  It would be so sensible as it will rain most of tomorrow.  This has happened to Andy before when he has had to play one day after the other at a GS.  I cannot remember where. Perhaps they are afraid of more accusations of favouritism!!!!  But that seems to be mainly given to Federer wherever he plays.
Last year's USO Andy had to play 3 matches in 3 days because of the monumental mess their scheduling was in, largely due to their inability to cope with a poor weather situation, not helped by lack of a roof which apparently they have no intention of installing on any of their show-courts.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »