Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R4: Murray vs Gasquet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Well there's only one outcome Andy fans want, but who will win?
Andy wins and the fans get to see him play another day. - 22 (91.7%)
Richard breaks the hearts of a nation. - 2 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R4: Murray vs Gasquet

(Read 7530 times)
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R4: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #645 on: June 27, 2011, 07:29 PM »

If you had your choice, who of the Nadal/DelPotro match would you want to win?
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon R4: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #646 on: June 27, 2011, 07:34 PM »

delPo Very Happy
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon R4: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #647 on: June 27, 2011, 07:37 PM »

If you had your choice, who of the Nadal/DelPotro match would you want to win?
I'm not sure I mind too much.  Although my head tells me Nadal would be harder to beat for Murray, just given his experience etc. in Slams.  So on that premise - I guess I'd prefer DP to win.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R4: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #648 on: June 27, 2011, 08:26 PM »

I have to wonder sometimes when players call out the trainers.....he must have worked magic on Rafa.....cause he's still playing like a well Rafa.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R4: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #649 on: June 27, 2011, 08:34 PM »

looks like Youzney will go down to Federer unless he can break back. Fed has won.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Wimbledon R4: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #650 on: June 27, 2011, 08:38 PM »

I'm not sure I mind too much.  Although my head tells me Nadal would be harder to beat for Murray, just given his experience etc. in Slams.  So on that premise - I guess I'd prefer DP to win.

Have you seen the way Pony is playing? He'd murder Murray.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R4: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #651 on: June 27, 2011, 08:39 PM »

Have you seen the way Pony is playing? He'd murder Murray.
Every day is a different day.  yes
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R4: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #652 on: June 27, 2011, 08:46 PM »

^ I doubt dickface would have predicted a Murray win in straight sets.  It's not about yesterday - it's about the day in question, and how the guys fair on that day.  For me, Murray has turned a corner.  He seems more calm, and his body language looks good.  Long may it continue.  It may not continue, but for now he's looking good. My concern is about how he plays - not his opponents.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Wimbledon R4: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #653 on: June 27, 2011, 08:56 PM »

Lopez and Petkovic won their mixed doubles 7-6 6-4
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R4: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #654 on: June 27, 2011, 09:02 PM »

I take it Pony is Nadal??
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Wimbledon R4: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #655 on: June 27, 2011, 09:03 PM »

I take it Pony is Nadal??

No Pony is Del Potro Smile
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R4: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #656 on: June 27, 2011, 09:08 PM »

well we don't have to worry about him......Rafa wins, even with a sore heel....hehe
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon R4: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #657 on: June 27, 2011, 09:09 PM »

well we don't have to worry about him......Rafa wins, even with a sore heel....hehe

Well, we don't have to worry about him right this minute ... wait till August Very Happy
IP Logged
MurrayRocks
Veteran

I ♥ my scottish chouchou ...

Re: Wimbledon R4: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #658 on: June 28, 2011, 09:26 AM »

From the presser ...

Q: What was it like playing in front of the Royal couple? Do you feel any extra pressure when you have such high profile guests in the crowd?
ANDY MURRAY: No, you don’t. You have to try and, you know, focus on what your job is. That’s trying to get the job done on the court. You can enjoy it afterwards. I didn’t know they were coming. I wasn’t told. So as I was walking to the court I don’t know if he’s, someone from the Evening Standard told me. Is he here? Yeah, he told me that Kate and Pippa were coming. I didn’t know if it was true, because no one else had heard anything. Yeah, obviously I saw them when I went out. Yeah, it’s obviously great to get the chance to play in front of them. But when you’re playing the match you’re not focusing on that.

Q: You had the wherewithal to make a bow.
ANDY MURRAY: Yeah. Well, I was obviously very happy after the match. I think that was the right thing to do.

Q: It came across as very funny. William and Kate laughed; you smiled. It was an amusing thing. Was it something you planned before?

ANDY MURRAY: No, I hadn’t planned on doing it before. When the queen came to our match last year we were told she was coming and that we would bow when we went on and off the court. But today we weren’t told anything, so it was just, yeah, sort of off the cuff. Yeah, didn’t think too much about it. If it was funny, that’s fine, but I wasn’t intending it to be funny.

Q: Did you get to meet them afterwards?
ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I did. If I’d known they were coming, I would have shaved (smiling). I was thinking to myself as I came off I was sweaty and very hairy. I said to them, I’m sorry, I’m a bit sweaty. But, yeah, it was really nice. Like for me those things are always quite difficult because there’s a lot of people around, so it’s not the most natural way to be introduced to people. But it was very nice to get to meet them.

Q: What did they say to you?
ANDY MURRAY: Just, Well done on the match. Asked me how it was out there. That was it. Wasn’t a long conversation.

Q: Given the unreliability of Royal arrivals here, do you think you should shave every match just in case they turn up?
ANDY MURRAY: Uhm, yeah, I’ve been told to shave by a few people the last five or six days, and I just haven’t got round to it. It’s at the length now where it actually hurts a little bit, so I always put it off a wee bit till I have a bit of time.

Q: Until you’re brave enough?
ANDY MURRAY: It hurts around here. My hair is starting to get more manly now. It hurts a little bit. (Smiling.)
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Wimbledon R4: Murray vs Gasquet « Reply #659 on: June 28, 2011, 09:54 AM »

From the presser ...

Q: What was it like playing in front of the Royal couple? Do you feel any extra pressure when you have such high profile guests in the crowd?
ANDY MURRAY: No, you don’t. You have to try and, you know, focus on what your job is. That’s trying to get the job done on the court. You can enjoy it afterwards. I didn’t know they were coming. I wasn’t told. So as I was walking to the court I don’t know if he’s, someone from the Evening Standard told me. Is he here? Yeah, he told me that Kate and Pippa were coming. I didn’t know if it was true, because no one else had heard anything. Yeah, obviously I saw them when I went out. Yeah, it’s obviously great to get the chance to play in front of them. But when you’re playing the match you’re not focusing on that.

Q: You had the wherewithal to make a bow.
ANDY MURRAY: Yeah. Well, I was obviously very happy after the match. I think that was the right thing to do.

Q: It came across as very funny. William and Kate laughed; you smiled. It was an amusing thing. Was it something you planned before?

ANDY MURRAY: No, I hadn’t planned on doing it before. When the queen came to our match last year we were told she was coming and that we would bow when we went on and off the court. But today we weren’t told anything, so it was just, yeah, sort of off the cuff. Yeah, didn’t think too much about it. If it was funny, that’s fine, but I wasn’t intending it to be funny.

Q: Did you get to meet them afterwards?
ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I did. If I’d known they were coming, I would have shaved (smiling). I was thinking to myself as I came off I was sweaty and very hairy. I said to them, I’m sorry, I’m a bit sweaty. But, yeah, it was really nice. Like for me those things are always quite difficult because there’s a lot of people around, so it’s not the most natural way to be introduced to people. But it was very nice to get to meet them.

Q: What did they say to you?
ANDY MURRAY: Just, Well done on the match. Asked me how it was out there. That was it. Wasn’t a long conversation.

Q: Given the unreliability of Royal arrivals here, do you think you should shave every match just in case they turn up?
ANDY MURRAY: Uhm, yeah, I’ve been told to shave by a few people the last five or six days, and I just haven’t got round to it. It’s at the length now where it actually hurts a little bit, so I always put it off a wee bit till I have a bit of time.

Q: Until you’re brave enough?
ANDY MURRAY: It hurts around here. My hair is starting to get more manly now. It hurts a little bit. (Smiling.)

Awww....That was lovely! Thanks MR!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »