Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon SF : Murray v Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Murray overcomes the venerable Nadal to make his first Wimbledon final - 29 (60.4%)
Rafa beats Murray at this stage again to reach his fifth Wimbledon final - 9 (18.8%)
Julia gets so uptight and full of rage that she explodes - 10 (20.8%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon SF : Murray v Nadal

(Read 14210 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #1185 on: July 03, 2011, 09:11 PM »

I can say it because that is what he said and he was playing not you. Andy said he pressed too hard on his shots when he should have played patiently and kept the rallies going. He said it was ridiculous to say that he lost the game because of one point and it is ridiculous to say that. He lost it because he did not move as well as he can (an injury probably but god help him if he mentioned it)  and because he decided to play too aggressively in the second set instead of wearing Nadal down. It would be interesting to know how many of the long rallies were won by Andy in the match. He got his tactics wrong. Nothing wrong with his mind - other players lose to Nadal and don't get pschoanalysed like this. 

What did you expect him to say? Concede to the media that he's a mental midget?

It is not ridiculous. Everyone saw it. He missed that shot and then lost 7 games in a row. Do you think that's a coincidence?
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #1186 on: July 03, 2011, 11:10 PM »

What did you expect him to say? Concede to the media that he's a mental midget?

It is not ridiculous. Everyone saw it. He missed that shot and then lost 7 games in a row. Do you think that's a coincidence?

I think he hit it too hard and then went on to hit others too hard as well for the reasons he gave. It had worked up until that point.

He is not a mental midget -how can you say that?
IP Logged
CanadianF

Re: Wimbledon SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #1187 on: July 04, 2011, 03:09 AM »

Unfortunately, Andy lost however, I thought he played well in first set and forth. Good luck in USA Open. Practice and try your best. Good luck
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Wimbledon SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #1188 on: July 04, 2011, 09:06 AM »

Unfortunately, Andy lost however, I thought he played well in first set and forth. Good luck in USA Open. Practice and try your best. Good luck
Welcome to MW, CanadaF. I see this is your first posting.  welcome
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Wimbledon SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #1189 on: July 05, 2011, 12:59 AM »

Think Andy will have to be mentally tougher, he has the game to beat all comers. He has to become as holy as Rafa and Fed have. Rafa with his time wastings antics, his hair, his ass, his boxing pre-match jumps, his finicky little bottles, going for a break to stop the flow of the game when he is losing, his snarl etc, etc,. His smooth talk- yes Andy is good player , he will win a grand slam ( but not when I'm around mate!) I wish him all the best for the year. All in a coy Spanish accent of course. Imagine if Andy had all these quirks we would say he must be sending them up of course. When he raged he was arrogant, now he's quiet he's to passive and not aggressive. Novak had to change completely to beat Nadal as Andy will have to. I would stay away from Britain if I was him and concentrate on the other grand Slams then come back as the Messiah which the poor Brits need. I must agree with the fuzz hate. Perhaps he had a rash but it made him look rough. It was the neck bit that makes me think a rash. Perhaps it was to frighten Nadal. Great to see Novak standing his ground- If Andy had not lost concentration he would have beat Nadal as well.   
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #1190 on: July 05, 2011, 02:42 PM »

yawn

Listen, I'll be as frustrated as I want and you can be as blind as you care to be, okay?

Andy is going to have good days and bad days, I can't control that, what I can be is a true fan, not a fairweather fan who only roots on his good days.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »