Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Andrey Kuznetsov, Saturday, Estimated time - 5:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who is making the final?
Murray in 3 - 7 (13.2%)
Murray in 4 - 37 (69.8%)
Murray in 5 - 3 (5.7%)
Tsonga in 3 - 0 (0%)
Tsonga in 4 - 5 (9.4%)
Tsonga in 5 - 1 (1.9%)
Total Voters: 53

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 88 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga

(Read 11792 times)
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v's Tsonga « Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 04:55 PM »

Murray up second tomorrow.

Great!
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012, 05:03 PM »

Can someone please edit that apostrophe out of the title? It's bothering me.

Oh to be you where that is the most of your concerns!  Whistle

I've taken it out for you on the grounds of your ridiculously hot avatar but would ask what the problem was. No grammatical error surly? 
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #32 on: July 05, 2012, 05:10 PM »

Oh to be you where that is the most of your concerns!  Whistle

I've taken it out for you on the grounds of your ridiculously hot avatar but would ask what the problem was. No grammatical error surly? 

I'm 100% committed to making this website look as professional as possible.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #33 on: July 05, 2012, 05:49 PM »

Nerves are kicking in already! nervous
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #34 on: July 05, 2012, 06:01 PM »

I can't think of anything less relevant than Bunny Austin and Fred Perry to our Andy and Wimbledon this year.  It may matter to the fans, but for Andy himself, all that history only matters if he wins.  Focusing on performance will win him the title.  This is where Lendl can help him.  There was a noticeable improvement in Andy's SF performance v Djokovic in Australia and he hasn't really taken it on from there in the way we may have hoped, but what a chance here.  Lendl must have him believing he can win, that this is his year, that no matter how tough a situation he is in, and he will be in plenty, that that beautiful elusive trophy really can be his to hold aloft on sunday afternoon.

I feel like I am in limbo today, I don't want to do any of the research or work I should be doing, just want it to be tomorrow around 4 or 5 with Andy walking on court to a massive cheer and my nerves jangling for the next few hours before a beautiful exhilarating denouement and a sunday final to look forward to.  He looked very focused and keyed up against Ferrer, I just can't see Andy losing tomorrow.  He may start slow, seems to be his way, but once he settles in he should be fine.

Will HRH attend for the final.  Surely she would be duty bound to!  I can't imagine a more sweeter than moment seeing Andy handed the trophy by her on sunday afternoon.  Here's hoping Nole and Fed play a monster match, a 40 plus game final to have them nice and tired for sunday.  The murray haters are panicking on the message boards already claiming that because he won't have beaten Nadal it won't be much of an achievement.  Don't know how they will explain it if he can win the title.  Then I suppose reaching the wimbledon final, which no male player has done since 1938 isn't really a big thing?

That is for us, Andy needs to play the match, history and accolades will follow for him in due course.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #35 on: July 05, 2012, 06:40 PM »

Rain tomorrow.... Murray under the roof? Hope so.

Glad he's second on court because I get the impression he's better later in the day. Also, more of us can watch Smile
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #36 on: July 05, 2012, 06:44 PM »

Interesting to hear the preview on tomorrow's matches on ESPN with Brad Gilbert, he picks Nole to beat Fed and Andy to beat Tsonga in 3 close sets.Also an interview with Lendl and Brad Gilbert on ESPN today can be found on utube.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #37 on: July 05, 2012, 06:45 PM »

Ooh, indoors would make it interesting. Not sure it really favours anyone to be honest, Murray plays well under the roof though, from what I've seen this year.

I really like Tsonga but tomorrow I hope he is pulverised in straight sets.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #38 on: July 05, 2012, 06:48 PM »

Roof would really improve the atmosphere which consequently should benefit Murray.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #39 on: July 05, 2012, 06:49 PM »

Hope so, because the atmosphere for the QFs was shite. I want to hear some noise, like against Gasquet or Wawrinka. Let the real tennis fans in.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #40 on: July 05, 2012, 06:54 PM »

They say that the court plays slower under the roof, which I think would favour Andy because Jo relies at lot on his big serve. 

Awful as it seems, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if a lot of the crowd are behind Jo - he's a charismatic character and very popular with the British public.  I still haven't forgotten the huge cheer Rafa got when he walked out on court for the semis last year - it was louder than Andy's and made me ashamed to be British.  Let's hope that the Murray fans drown out any dissention!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #41 on: July 05, 2012, 07:05 PM »

I can't seem to get rid of the butterflies in my stomach, even after Andy had his great win yesterday. Anyone else feeling that way?  Usually I settle down after he wins a match and relax.
Yes me too , but I am sure Andy will be fine. Come on Andy it's your time.  cmon yeah
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #42 on: July 05, 2012, 07:07 PM »

Yes me too , but I am sure Andy will be fine. Come on Andy it's your time.  cmon yeah
Me three !my tummy turns over every time i think of it.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #43 on: July 05, 2012, 07:11 PM »

Anyone else going to have trouble sleeping tonight, like me?
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #44 on: July 05, 2012, 07:32 PM »

Yes , I saw that last night, he looked totally knackered, you'd think he lost. I guess it was right after the match, and the effects of his adrenalin were wearing off.
I too thought he looked pretty wiped out, but then if I had to hold myself together through all the stress and the running back and forth and hitting just one more ball constantly, I would have probably been dead or wanting a drink.  I am sure his team will get him back and ready to go out and play well.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 88 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »