Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who is making the final?
Murray in 3 - 7 (13.2%)
Murray in 4 - 37 (69.8%)
Murray in 5 - 3 (5.7%)
Tsonga in 3 - 0 (0%)
Tsonga in 4 - 5 (9.4%)
Tsonga in 5 - 1 (1.9%)
Total Voters: 53

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 88 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga

(Read 11999 times)
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #45 on: July 05, 2012, 07:43 PM »

Interesting to hear the preview on tomorrow's matches on ESPN with Brad Gilbert, he picks Nole to beat Fed and Andy to beat Tsonga in 3 close sets.Also an interview with Lendl and Brad Gilbert on ESPN today can be found on utube.
Thanks, I will look that up.  I always enjoy listening to Brad Gilbert, he is such a Andy fan, but he is smart also, so I tend to believe what he says.

As far as sleeping tonight, I always worry I will get up at the wrong time for the match so I usually wake up really early.  I will say some prayers for Andy and try my best to sleep.
IP Logged
mumbler

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #46 on: July 05, 2012, 07:45 PM »

I too thought he looked pretty wiped out, but then if I had to hold myself together through all the stress and the running back and forth and hitting just one more ball constantly, I would have probably been dead or wanting a drink.  I am sure his team will get him back and ready to go out and play well.

I felt knackered just watching the quarter final (walked into the living room wall at the end of the second set - I'd been pacing up and down in front of the telly for a lot of it!). I'm hoping it wont be as tight against Tsonga, but I keep remembering how close the Queens final was and Tsonga's come back against Federror last year. Andy's draw has been a real grueller and he's really lifted his game when he's had to. Hopefully he'll do the same tomorrow.

cmonandy
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #47 on: July 05, 2012, 07:56 PM »

i looked up the lendl interview 

i love him, him and Andy are perfect together and I really really think these next few days could be good!!
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #48 on: July 05, 2012, 07:57 PM »

James' birthday is on the day of the final, so Murray needs to win to give him the best gift ever given.

James = Clydey
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #49 on: July 05, 2012, 08:00 PM »

I really think the crowd will be totally behind Andy apart from a few haters and cliche but haters gonna hate.

On a side note, I missed a meeting today because Andy's so much on my mind lately.  nervous  shocking

Anyway, though Andy leads Tsonga 5-1 in the H2H category, in GSs, they are even at 1-1. Andy yesterday played exactly one hour more than Tsonga and Andy's match was far more competitive than Tsogna's given their respective opponents, so I feel that's a slight disadvantage for us. That's on top of the fact that, Andy had already the hardest draw. And with each round, it's only getting tougher and tougher. Andy will be definitely nervous and a bit spent tomorrow.

I really think it will start with the usual story; as in, Andy falling behind very quickly. He'll probably take some time to get into the match and typically falling behind tends to click his game both mentally and physically. Unlike Ferrer, Tsonga has a big game and for that reason, I don't think Andy will need to do anything special. Big hitters like Tsonga play with narrow margin so that should initiate some errors on his part. Andy typically enjoys playing players like Tsonga but given that it's Wimbledon semi-final and has the massive pressure (so much hope has already built on) on to make the final here for the first time and that together with the fact that, Tsogna too has made the semi-final appearance for the 2nd time in a row as well, so I really feel this is going to be really tough for Andy. And Tsonga is a legitimate contender - he didn't get here by accident and the crowd loves him too, so it's definitely going to be very interesting. And the toughest job has yet to come but if Andy makes the final here, people will definitely have more hope for him and believe that he definitely has it in him and even if he loses, I don't think it will affect Andy as long as he gives his best.

Remember Andy, when the going gets tough, the Tough get going!

Come on!
[ Last edit by Emma Jean July 05, 2012, 08:09 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #50 on: July 05, 2012, 08:24 PM »

James' birthday is on the day of the final, so Murray needs to win to give him the best gift ever given.
To compensate the fact his birthday is the worst gift ever, I'm sure he believes Smile
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #51 on: July 05, 2012, 08:25 PM »

Here is the Lendl Coaches Murray interview that Michelle brought up.  I watched it and it is really good.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #52 on: July 05, 2012, 08:27 PM »

His team will get him ready f0or tomorrow. Andy has changed so much, he is playing his bestb tennis, he will come through. let us all have faith.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #53 on: July 05, 2012, 08:52 PM »

Very nice interview with Lendl. Can anyone please post the comments from Laver? Would love to find out what he said. I googled but couldn’t find anything relevant.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #54 on: July 05, 2012, 09:01 PM »

I can't seem to get rid of the butterflies in my stomach, even after Andy had his great win yesterday. Anyone else feeling that way?  Usually I settle down after he wins a match and relax.

Yep and my butterfilies have hobnail boots on.  Watched him courtside yesterday it was great but when he won I said to my freind, we have to do it all again on Friday.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #55 on: July 05, 2012, 09:19 PM »

James = Clydey
Thanks for letting us know that. I will be a double celebration then!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #56 on: July 05, 2012, 09:19 PM »

Yep and my butterfilies have hobnail boots on.  Watched him courtside yesterday it was great but when he won I said to my freind, we have to do it all again on Friday.

Lucky you - the atmosphere seemed electric.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #57 on: July 05, 2012, 09:22 PM »

Emma Jean, I guess you just wanted to worry us more than we are worried with your post.  I think we know most of what you said and more, but what was missing was the faith in the new Andy.  I know you were just stating your opinion, but at this point I think we need to read more upbeat posts.   I choose to believe Brad Gilbert, and  Darren Cahill opinions, and wish all the best to Andy.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #58 on: July 05, 2012, 09:24 PM »

James = Clydey

That would be like having all my birthdays at once.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #59 on: July 05, 2012, 09:26 PM »

You being there must have brought Andy good luck, happy that you will be there tomorrow to root him on.:-)
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 88 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »