Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who is making the final?
Murray in 3 - 7 (13.2%)
Murray in 4 - 37 (69.8%)
Murray in 5 - 3 (5.7%)
Tsonga in 3 - 0 (0%)
Tsonga in 4 - 5 (9.4%)
Tsonga in 5 - 1 (1.9%)
Total Voters: 53

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 88 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga  (Read 10515 times)
bhill_mfc
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #60 on: July 05, 2012, 09:29 PM »

Love how Ivan gave them absolutely nothing!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #61 on: July 05, 2012, 09:34 PM »

Emma Jean, I guess you just wanted to worry us more than we are worried with your post.  I think we know most of what you said and more, but what was missing was the faith in the new Andy.  I know you were just stating your opinion, but at this point I think we need to read more upbeat posts.   I choose to believe Brad Gilbert, and  Darren Cahill opinions, and wish all the best to Andy.

But if you have faith in Andy (as do I) then you shouldn't worry about what I have to say. Isn't that right?

Anyway, I am picking Andy in four sets. 
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #62 on: July 05, 2012, 09:35 PM »

That would be like having all my birthdays at once.

This may be the only time where Wimbledon final falls on your birthday.

My expectations for Murray are high now.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #63 on: July 05, 2012, 09:38 PM »

I really think the crowd will be totally behind Andy apart from a few haters and cliche but haters gonna hate.

On a side note, I missed a meeting today because Andy's so much on my mind lately.  nervous  shocking

Anyway, though Andy leads Tsonga 5-1 in the H2H category, in GSs, they are even at 1-1. Andy yesterday played exactly one hour more than Tsonga and Andy's match was far more competitive than Tsogna's given their respective opponents, so I feel that's a slight disadvantage for us. That's on top of the fact that, Andy had already the hardest draw. And with each round, it's only getting tougher and tougher. Andy will be definitely nervous and a bit spent tomorrow

I really think it will start with the usual story; as in, Andy falling behind very quickly. He'll probably take some time to get into the match and typically falling behind tends to click his game both mentally and physically. Unlike Ferrer, Tsonga has a big game and for that reason, I don't think Andy will need to do anything special. Big hitters like Tsonga play with narrow margin so that should initiate some errors on his part. Andy typically enjoys playing players like Tsonga but given that it's Wimbledon semi-final and has the massive pressure (so much hope has already built on) on to make the final here for the first time and that together with the fact that, Tsogna too has made the semi-final appearance for the 2nd time in a row as well, so I really feel this is going to be really tough for Andy. And Tsonga is a legitimate contender - he didn't get here by accident and the crowd loves him too, so it's definitely going to be very interesting. And the toughest job has yet to come but if Andy makes the final here, people will definitely have more hope for him and believe that he definitely has it in him and even if he loses, I don't think it will affect Andy as long as he gives his best.

Remember Andy, when the going gets tough, the Tough get going!

Come on!

I disagree with this part of your post (agree with the rest), now that Murray has actually survived his very difficult draw up until now, I see it as an advantage.
Tsonga has had it easy, too easy like the other 3 & yet he still dropped sets but is now in for a shock. Andy is ready hopefully its in 3 but probably 4. Being the first brit in 76 years to get through to a final might help in him in his quest to be the first brit in 76 to actually win it. But thats for another thread hopefully.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #64 on: July 05, 2012, 09:38 PM »

Very nice interview with Lendl. Can anyone please post the comments from Laver? Would love to find out what he said. I googled but couldn’t find anything relevant.
Laver's comments were in a BBC interview - just the usual about wanting Andy to be more aggressive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18713039
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #65 on: July 05, 2012, 09:41 PM »

Here is the Lendl Coaches Murray interview that Michelle brought up.  I watched it and  it is really good.
. Thanks Appllo enjoyed that , Lendl very sensible, been good for Andy.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #66 on: July 05, 2012, 09:42 PM »

Laver's comments were in a BBC interview - just the usual about wanting Andy to be more aggressive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18713039

What's new? he's a fed fan.
He is correct of course but Andy was great by the 3rd & 4th sets.
Agrression is not missing, he just needs to unlock it & against Novak if he gets there he certainly will.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #67 on: July 05, 2012, 09:43 PM »

. Thanks Appllo enjoyed that , Lendl very sensible, been good for Andy.

Lendl has given Andy one of the best 2nd serves of the tournament, something i never thought I'd say, and an offensive forehand as well as more balance & composure also. People should not complain about Ivan, he's moving mountains.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #68 on: July 05, 2012, 09:44 PM »

I disagree with this part of your post (agree with the rest), now that Murray has actually survived his very difficult draw up until now, I see it as an advantage.
Tsonga has had it easy, too easy like the other 3 & yet he still dropped sets but is now in for a shock. Andy is ready hopefully its in 3 but probably 4. Being the first brit in 76 years to get through to a final might help in him in his quest to be the first brit in 76 to actually win it. But thats for another thread hopefully.
  I agree the other 3 have had it very easy, it really gets me when they say how well they have played , easy to look good against lower ranked players that's for sure, Andy is ready.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #69 on: July 05, 2012, 09:46 PM »

Lendl has given Andy one of the best 2nd serves of the tournament, something i never thought I'd say, and an offensive forehand as well as more balance & composure also. People should not complain about Ivan, he's moving mountains.
He sure has.  clap
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #70 on: July 05, 2012, 09:47 PM »

Yep and my butterfilies have hobnail boots on.  Watched him courtside yesterday it was great but when he won I said to my freind, we have to do it all again on Friday.
wow lucky girl, scream hard for us all. cmonandy
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #71 on: July 05, 2012, 09:48 PM »

What's new? he's a fed fan.
He is correct of course but Andy was great by the 3rd & 4th sets.
Agrression is not missing, he just needs to unlock it & against Novak if he gets there he certainly will.

Yes he's definitely a Fed fan, as so many of the tennis commentators are. I think all-out aggression would have been the wrong game plan against Ferrer though as he quite likes pace (plus it would lead to too many UEs as it's not Andy's natural style). Controlled aggression is good, and Andy was getting the balance right in the last two sets of the match. His forehand has really improved recently, and great to see him go for forehand down the line shots on big points when he usually much prefers crosscourt shots.

Loved Ivan's interview, thanks for posting Apollo. Ivan is so calm, wish I could be a bit more like him when Andy's playing!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #72 on: July 05, 2012, 10:03 PM »

Interesting comment my brother made yesterday (particularly as he doesn't follow tennis that much, although does always ask for updates). I paraphrase:

"For Federer it's like going up three difficulty levels from semi-pro to legendary in one match. He'll have to go from playing not very good players to Djokovic in two days. It's much more gradual for Murray as he's gone up one difficulty at a time so he knows how well he has to play."
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #73 on: July 05, 2012, 10:11 PM »

Interesting comment my brother made yesterday (particularly as he doesn't follow tennis that much, although does always ask for updates). I paraphrase:

"For Federer it's like going up three difficulty levels from semi-pro to legendary in one match. He'll have to go from playing not very good players to Djokovic in two days. It's much more gradual for Murray as he's gone up one difficulty at a time so he knows how well he has to play."
In a nut shell.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #74 on: July 05, 2012, 10:19 PM »

So here we are guys, it's the night before the big one, I have everything crossed and so want Andy to do this, now I have spent a lot of time this afternoon thinking about this, Andy has done so well, just two weeks ago there was a lot of negativity doing the rounds about how difficult Andy's draw was going to be and how his form had dipped and was Ivan the man for the job, well in the space of a week and three days Andy has answered all these doubts and more.  There are some real positives to be taken from his performances over the past few days, that forehand is booming, the serve has been consistent, the shot making in latter parts of his matches has been jaw droppingly  awesome but the biggest thing is his attitude and mental fortitude, he already had everything else it just needed honed a wee bit but now it is accompanied by a steeliness that is getting him through trying testing games.  David Ferrer played the best tennis I think I have ever seen him play, Andy was better and closed it out - would that have happened pre Lendl?

So come on Andy one step at a time, the next step is getting past Tsonga, you can do this, it now feels  more people are on your side and willing you onwards.  Nae bad for a wee lad fae Scotland, now go forth and let the Scottish lion roar, it's been kept quiet for too long.  Come on a couple more Braveheart performances but please can you do it in three sets tomorrow as I feel like I have aged about 20 years during that last match.

The lion is awake and tomorrow he roars, it is now officially MURRAY TIME........

P.s. So glad to be a part of MW and speaking to people who understand the complexities of being Murray fans and the enormities of the next 24 hours, it really helps!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 88 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »