Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who is making the final?
Murray in 3 - 7 (13.2%)
Murray in 4 - 37 (69.8%)
Murray in 5 - 3 (5.7%)
Tsonga in 3 - 0 (0%)
Tsonga in 4 - 5 (9.4%)
Tsonga in 5 - 1 (1.9%)
Total Voters: 53

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga

(Read 11261 times)
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #1260 on: July 06, 2012, 08:54 PM »

Had to work today, and so I tried to get the match on my IPad.  I started to watch it and suddenly couldn't.  Ended up calling Dish and their techy helped me get it back.  Fortunately the boss was out of the office during Andy's match.... I was so nervous, couldn't eat or drink, although I would've had some alcohol had it been available.

Heart I am so proud of Andy, he could have hung his head and quite trying but he stayed  in there and kept fighting Sword fight cheers

What time will the finals be on in England?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #1261 on: July 06, 2012, 08:56 PM »

Just watched the MP again. Mental. I didn't hear Petchey saying "It's out" after he hit it, the roar from the crowd blared out the umpire calling it out. It wasn't until I saw Andy challenging that I realised it had been called out. Then it turned out it was in anyway. Christ.

Tsonga is such a great guy. How he was able to smile and joke at the net whilst waiting on the outcome of such a big point I don't know. Great sportsman as well, congratulating Andy after the match and giving him a hug when many others would have had the handshake and wandered off without a word. Love that man, easily my favourite non-British tennis player.

Reactions to MP was interesting. Lendl, Green and Little all didn't move. I assume they must have heard the Out call? The latter two both jumped up when the challenge confirmed it though, and Lendl stood up clapping. I think it was just more relief than anything else, given all the pressure and having been 2-0 up.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #1262 on: July 06, 2012, 08:57 PM »

Had to work today, and so I tried to get the match on my IPad.  I started to watch it and suddenly couldn't.  Ended up calling Dish and their techy helped me get it back.  Fortunately the boss was out of the office during Andy's match.... I was so nervous, couldn't eat or drink, although I would've had some alcohol had it been available.

Heart I am so proud of Andy, he could have hung his head and quite trying but he stayed  in there and kept fighting Sword fight cheers

What time will the finals be on in England?
Programme starts at 1pm I think, so 2pm maybe?
IP Logged
Eddster
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #1263 on: July 06, 2012, 09:20 PM »

Btw here's the presser, I don't know if you guys know about this site or not but it's very good for getting the pressers:)

http://freedomtennis.wordpress.com/2012/07/06/andy-murray-july-06-2012/#more-577

enjoy (I'm reading it as I post this)
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #1264 on: July 06, 2012, 09:28 PM »

Nice one mate. I saw a link to it after Simon's comments about the WTA but other than that, never seen it. Some interesting comments there.

Q.  Can you take us a little bit through the sequence on match point?  It looked like you thought you had it won.  What was happening out there?

ANDY MURRAY:  Well, I knew it was in when it left my racquet, and then I thought that he challenged it.  I mean, obviously it was close, but then the umpire said to me that the ball had been called out and that he hadn’t overruled it.

So then obviously I challenged, and that was it.

Q.  What did it feel like to have that called in?  It was a strange sequence of events.

ANDY MURRAY:  I knew it was in, so, you know, that wasn’t really an issue.  Just, yeah, you just have to obviously sit and wait a little bit.  Then, yeah, when I had confirmation, it was, yeah, relieved I won the match.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #1265 on: July 06, 2012, 09:32 PM »

Q.  What would you say the biggest impact on the mental approach of your game, your coaching from Lendl, has had?  How might that manifest itself in the next match?

ANDY MURRAY:  Well, I think, you know, like after the match today, you know, you try to make sure you don’t get too excited on the court, never get too high, never get too down, which maybe in the past I was too up and down.  Needed to try and be a bit more stable on the court, not be so emotional.

I’d say that’s the one thing that I’ve learnt from kind of being around him was that, you know, like I explained after the match today, it wasn’t like it was jumping around the locker room with excitement.  It was, There’s one more match to go.  Well done today, but let’s focus on the next one.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #1266 on: July 06, 2012, 09:35 PM »

What worried me slightly in the 3rd set was his mental lapse otherwise I think he wold have really won it in 3 but it was bound to happen at some point. This, though, made the 4th set incredibly hard to win.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #1267 on: July 06, 2012, 09:44 PM »

hmmm
Andy  has an old man in his tennis bag  Think  no wonder his bag is always so big

ROFL  ANDYS PRESSER .......... bwhahahahaha

some stupid questions tho

Will Fred Perry be happy with your victory? "He is not alive!", answers Murray.  Press room erupts with laughter.  Very Happy

What about your dogs.. how will they react?  "They don't care whether I win or lose." Andy Murray on his dogs.
roflmao
IP Logged
Tonedial
Challenger Level

WORTH THE WAIT

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #1268 on: July 06, 2012, 09:45 PM »

http://news.sky.com/story/956757/wimbledon-murray-mania-sweeps-britain
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #1269 on: July 06, 2012, 09:47 PM »

A very Happy 30, James. :p
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #1270 on: July 06, 2012, 09:49 PM »

Piers Morgan actually making sense for once... one of his tweets :

And who cares if #AndyMurray bloody smiles or not??? What is this, a gurning competition?? He can smile when he wins.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #1271 on: July 06, 2012, 09:51 PM »

Actually the reaction to the match point reminded me a bit of the 1966 World Cup final ... "They think it's all over ... It is now!" lol 

IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #1272 on: July 06, 2012, 09:54 PM »

Piers Morgan actually making sense for once... one of his tweets :

And who cares if #AndyMurray bloody smiles or not??? What is this, a gurning competition?? He can smile when he wins.

Christ, that's a first - i never thought I'd see the day i agreed with anything Piers Morgan said!! Smile Smile
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #1273 on: July 06, 2012, 10:15 PM »

Btw here's the presser, I don't know if you guys know about this site or not but it's very good for getting the pressers:)

http://freedomtennis.wordpress.com/2012/07/06/andy-murray-july-06-2012/#more-577
Thank you..... reading it was more interesting than watching it as there were things I missed.
enjoy (I'm reading it as I post this)
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon SF: Murray v Tsonga « Reply #1274 on: July 06, 2012, 10:37 PM »

Well time to go home from work......  Totally spent, not from work, but from watching Andy's match, I will watch it again at home and relax while I watch with a drink.

I hope everyone has a good weekend and that we are all very happy on Monday.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »