Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  World tour final tickets on sale. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: World tour final tickets on sale.  (Read 4322 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #30 on: February 03, 2013, 10:19 AM »

What's the transport like around the place and roughly when does the evening session finish?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #31 on: February 03, 2013, 10:33 AM »

Heard the transport is very good to & from the arena, although I'm gonna try get an apartment as close as possible, from recollection of watching it last year the singles matches start bout 7-30/8 and are 3 sets so it depends on what kinda match it turns out to be but probably finish around 10 ish.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #32 on: February 03, 2013, 10:37 AM »

Transport is fine. I go to a show there yearly in April, last year I stayed at a hotel which was 2 stops on the tube followed by 2 stops on the DLR... was very easy to do.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #33 on: February 03, 2013, 03:18 PM »

Nice one, cheers.

Just booked tickets for the Thursday day session. Trying to predict when Murray might be playing but after realising the last two years it's completely random when which half of the draw plays we gave up, it will boil entirely down to luck.

Where do the players practice on the days they're not playing does anyone know?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #34 on: February 03, 2013, 03:30 PM »

I'm the same mad hatter, I've opted for wed & friday sessions so one of us is gonna be lucky Smile chance you take I suppose. Some folk on here have opted to buy full day tickets on 2 consecutive days, that's the only way you are guaranteed to see Andy. And that way you will see every one of the 8 players. But my budget wouldn't stretch to that this year Frown maybe next year.
IP Logged
ally
Challenger Level

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #35 on: February 03, 2013, 07:45 PM »

Where do the players practice on the days they're not playing does anyone know?

There are two courts in the fanzone and one at the barclays area.  In the supplement to the programme it tells you who is practicing where.  I didn't realise but in the actual programme there are vouchers that you can use to collect the supplement for the rest of the days you visit.  I will have to remember that for this year.  I didn't read my programme until later as was too engrossed in the tennis!

I have a ticket for all day Wednesday and will wait until they go on general release to find a full day ticket for Thursday, as I don't particulary like the choice barclays is offering for full day Thursday.

The tube station is right outside the O2 and there is a bus station there too so transport is no probs.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #36 on: February 03, 2013, 08:34 PM »

I should be okay for final tickets if I book in late feb correct?
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #37 on: February 03, 2013, 09:28 PM »

I should be okay for final tickets if I book in late feb correct?

I would think so - moving it to the Monday must restrict a lot of folk who can't get time off, I can only go the Saturday as I can't get time off during the week and need the Sunday to get home. Really pleased to have tickets for both sessions the Saturday to make up for that, crossing fingers Andy playing one of them, but should be a great event regardless. Hope you get your final tickets as just reward for posting the pre sale link for us all!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #38 on: February 03, 2013, 10:00 PM »

I'm sure you'll be ok to get tickets in late Feb.  But they may not be on 1st tier as the better seats do seem to go quickly [though it's often possible to get really good ones at v last minute at a premium price through viagogo].  Have now booked from thurs through to sun like I did last year.  Just love it and want to make most of it while it's still in London.  Transport is really easy.  Jubilee Line station is v close and there also seem to be quite a few buses.
Thanks again for your help prodigyeng.  A real friend to the rest of us on MW who don't bank with Barclays
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #39 on: February 03, 2013, 10:50 PM »

I don't bank on Barclays either :P found this on another forum and all you lovely people deserved to know the info Very Happy
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #40 on: February 03, 2013, 11:01 PM »

I'm the same mad hatter, I've opted for wed & friday sessions so one of us is gonna be lucky Smile chance you take I suppose. Some folk on here have opted to buy full day tickets on 2 consecutive days, that's the only way you are guaranteed to see Andy. And that way you will see every one of the 8 players. But my budget wouldn't stretch to that this year Frown maybe next year.
Assuming he doesn't get injured like in 2011!

There are two courts in the fanzone and one at the barclays area.  In the supplement to the programme it tells you who is practicing where.  I didn't realise but in the actual programme there are vouchers that you can use to collect the supplement for the rest of the days you visit.  I will have to remember that for this year.  I didn't read my programme until later as was too engrossed in the tennis!

I have a ticket for all day Wednesday and will wait until they go on general release to find a full day ticket for Thursday, as I don't particulary like the choice barclays is offering for full day Thursday.

The tube station is right outside the O2 and there is a bus station there too so transport is no probs.
Thanks. Smile

What about parking - is there somewhere relatively close by where you could park and walk/bus to the stadium?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #41 on: February 03, 2013, 11:08 PM »

Any of you guys had experience of being in upper tier?
IP Logged
ally
Challenger Level

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #42 on: February 03, 2013, 11:27 PM »

Any of you guys had experience of being in upper tier?

I was sitting in the upper tier for evening matches, the view is great.  It does have the feeling of being spectacularly high as the seats are at such a sharp angle.

Here are a couple of my pics from then.

* Tsonga v Berdych.JPG (40.65 KB, 448x336 - viewed 85 times.)

* View from Level 4 seat.JPG (48.93 KB, 448x336 - viewed 87 times.)
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #43 on: February 04, 2013, 01:48 AM »

Looks fine to me, as long as I can see the ball okay.
IP Logged
althusser
Junior

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #44 on: February 04, 2013, 07:23 AM »

So far the WTFs have been a bit of a let down as far as Andy is concerned. Have always been hoping for a great run, at least to the final, but has never happened for one reason or another. Asides from the near thing with Rafa in 2010 he hasn't quite played his best.

Here's hoping this will be the year though!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »