Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  World tour final tickets on sale. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author

World tour final tickets on sale.

(Read 6571 times)
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #60 on: February 10, 2013, 10:31 PM »

The war is on westie!!! Haaa  cmon yeah have you all day tickets then? Already I'm thinking ahead to 2014.......if not lucky enough to catch Andy this year I'm gona get for 2 consecutive days next time. Also desperate to get to Wimbledon while Andy's still around even if its just to sit on henman hill/Murray mount & soak up the atmosphere! But don't think the budget would stretch to both tourneys in one year 

Yes, we have all day tickets - I teach so best I can do is travel down tea time Friday and back on the Sunday, so making most of the Saturday. Wimbledon is fab! I went years ago (when Becker etc were playing ) and queued and got court one tickets (the old court one the first year, new court one the next) also Centre court when they played a middle sunday (the henman haarhuis match). Didn't get to go again till last year (quite often school doesn't stop until the final weekend) when I managed to get tickets through my tennis club for the second Monday. Rained most of the day but did see a set and a bit of Andy (how lucky was that, the only match he played on court one). Hoping to go again this year but depends if lots of club members want the tickets. Also went to all the davis Cup ties at braehead. If u can get to Wimbledon -GO!!!!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #61 on: February 10, 2013, 10:40 PM »

I will defo go sometime in the next couple of years that's for sure, have dreamed of going since I was 9 years old & never did, I'm not gonna let Andy come & go without going to wimby at least once, no chance. What team do you play for? I've been taking lessons at gorbals centre since august, loving it!! The girl who takes cardio tennis has asked me to join her club at queens park. Or I may join Burnside which is only down the hill from me.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #62 on: February 10, 2013, 10:46 PM »

I will defo go sometime in the next couple of years that's for sure, have dreamed of going since I was 9 years old & never did, I'm not gonna let Andy come & go without going to wimby at least once, no chance. What team do you play for? I've been taking lessons at gorbals centre since august, loving it!! The girl who takes cardio tennis has asked me to join her club at queens park. Or I may join Burnside which is only down the hill from me.

Kirktonhill, it's North of Glasgow - though I only play in the team if there's an emergency lol!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #63 on: February 14, 2013, 07:01 PM »

Ur so lucky Ruthie, you will defo see Andy, I'm there wed evening session & Fri afternoon session, just hoping and praying picked an Andy match, this is my first time, soo excited already. Thought I should take advantage while its in London, plan to go next 2 years also all being well.
yes that's my philosophy Angie.  Make the most of it while it's in London as I won't be travelling anywhere else for it.  Let's hope you're lucky in terms of when Andy plays.
Oh and WW was also there on the 2nd Monday of wimbledon last year to see Andy play a set on Court 1 as a friend and I put in for the ballot every year and she got a couple of tickets.  Was so cross though when they didn't transfer him to centre court when the nole match finished early.  Emailed my complaint the next day.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #64 on: February 14, 2013, 09:14 PM »

yes that's my philosophy Angie.  Make the most of it while it's in London as I won't be travelling anywhere else for it.  Let's hope you're lucky in terms of when Andy plays.
Oh and WW was also there on the 2nd Monday of wimbledon last year to see Andy play a set on Court 1 as a friend and I put in for the ballot every year and she got a couple of tickets.  Was so cross though when they didn't transfer him to centre court when the nole match finished early.  Emailed my complaint the next day.

Why would they transfer him to another court?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #65 on: February 15, 2013, 06:28 PM »

because they had to suspend his match after one set due to rain and later on there was an empty court available on centre court with enough time to finish his match.  I know others could lay claim to it too but even non-British commentators were commenting that the powers that be at Wimbledon seem to bend over backwards not to help Andy in a way you wouldn't find at say USO for American players.  
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #66 on: March 03, 2013, 02:37 PM »

Woohoo  yay just booked an apartment in north Greenwich only 10 mins from o2 & 5 mins from riverboat terminal, looks lovely nice big balcony overlooking Thames.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #67 on: March 03, 2013, 02:38 PM »

Woohoo  yay just booked an apartment in north Greenwich only 10 mins from o2 & 5 mins from riverboat terminal, looks lovely nice big balcony overlooking Thames.

Have fun. I should be going to Wimbledon this year. Waiting for tennis club ballot to be released.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #68 on: March 03, 2013, 02:42 PM »

If your unlucky come to WTF instead?  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #69 on: March 03, 2013, 02:44 PM »

If your unlucky come to WTF instead?  cmon yeah

Is it easy to get tickets? I don't want to stay waiting for Wimbledon then get an opportunity to go to WTF and totally miss it.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #70 on: March 03, 2013, 02:51 PM »

They actually only go on sale next few days to general public so should still be good seats available! A few of us on here got them through Barclay's presale, think you could get them practically right up until it starts but obviously by then it will only be cheaper high up seats left.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #71 on: March 03, 2013, 02:56 PM »

Also my thinking is with this tourney no matter which sessions or day you go you are gonna see a top 8 player! Plus I'm making the most of it being in London next 3 years, would love to go to wimby ( and I will one year) but its always gonna be there. WTF isnt.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #72 on: March 03, 2013, 04:46 PM »

my thinking too Angie and you have more control over when you go than with a ballot - that said am really disappointed that neither I or my friend were successful in the ballot this year and looks like I've missed out on Queens too. 
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #73 on: March 03, 2013, 05:18 PM »

my thinking too Angie and you have more control over when you go than with a ballot - that said am really disappointed that neither I or my friend were successful in the ballot this year and looks like I've missed out on Queens too. 

Sorry to hear that Ruthie Frown
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: World tour final tickets on sale. « Reply #74 on: March 03, 2013, 09:30 PM »

Have fun. I should be going to Wimbledon this year. Waiting for tennis club ballot to be released.

Me too - do you know when tennis clubs are getting their allocation?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »