Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  World Tour Finals RR: Murray vs Ferrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 Go Down Reply
Author

World Tour Finals RR: Murray vs Ferrer

(Read 4594 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: World Tour Finals RR: Murray vs Ferrer « Reply #360 on: November 22, 2011, 06:48 AM »

ak400 doesn't know the difference between discussion and hyperbole.    I think we should feel sorry for him!!!!
I wonder if they know he's escaped!! confused
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: World Tour Finals RR: Murray vs Ferrer « Reply #361 on: November 22, 2011, 06:55 AM »

Rafa is an all time great but he has only taken one set of Roger indoors add to that Roger has been the player to beat these last few weeks it will be tough for Rafa!
If Roger has an off day though then Rafa can pull off an upset you don't win 10 majors if you don't seize a chance when it comes your way.
He may be an 'alltime great tennis player', but, unfortunately, he's also an 'all time great a***hole' as well! I would advise all fed fans to keep a close eye on their nose........It may well turn brown and drop off! At least we 'Murray Fans' don't have that to worry about!
[ Last edit by Caz November 22, 2011, 06:55 PM ] IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: World Tour Finals RR: Murray vs Ferrer « Reply #362 on: November 22, 2011, 08:53 AM »

Thanks for the link scotnadian, I'm up earlier than usual today as have had Andy on my mind all night. I feel really bad for Andy, he never seems to have a lot of luck. I personally hope he withdraws from the tournament, as if he has been carrying this injury since after Paris and it has appeared again, so how is he going to be fit enough in 24 hours. The guys he has to play from now on are tough opponents when fit how can he get a win not being 100% and to possibly play Fed, and if he lost that would be crushing for him and also us his fans, and to have to see the smugface look on Fed's face would be just to much to bare.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: World Tour Finals RR: Murray vs Ferrer « Reply #363 on: November 22, 2011, 08:59 AM »

I would like to say what a great sportsman Ferrer is, a gentleman indeed.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: World Tour Finals RR: Murray vs Ferrer « Reply #364 on: November 22, 2011, 09:01 AM »

Yes....I like Ferrer too!
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: World Tour Finals RR: Murray vs Ferrer « Reply #365 on: November 22, 2011, 09:09 AM »

Mark, is ak400 another pseudo name for the poster you banned some littler time ago? If so it's time to ban him again.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: World Tour Finals RR: Murray vs Ferrer « Reply #366 on: November 22, 2011, 09:11 AM »

Unfortunately, I did forecast on an earlier post that unless Andy had been rid of all his niggles he might find Ferrer problematic.
IP Logged
toady
Junior

Re: World Tour Finals RR: Murray vs Ferrer « Reply #367 on: November 22, 2011, 10:06 AM »

thanks for posting the link. Between work and the poorly grandson I didn't get a chance to see the match or get on here yesterday, but the interview was really difficult to watch. My main concern now is not whether he plays on at the O2, but what this will do to his confidence.  Such a shame after a wonderful run, and I hope it won't spill into the AO. Was so hoping he would show some of his recent form here and shut up the doubters, but that's life.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: World Tour Finals RR: Murray vs Ferrer « Reply #368 on: November 22, 2011, 10:07 AM »

I definitely think Ferrer should be nominated for a sportsmanship award.  I have never seen him, or heard him, be anything less than sporting.  He is always gracious in defeat and magnanimous in victory.  I am not sure that many players would have done what he did with the split ball yesterday - particularly on break point!
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: World Tour Finals RR: Murray vs Ferrer « Reply #369 on: November 22, 2011, 10:34 AM »

Andy should retire from the show, footballers take 4 to 6 weeks out for a groin strain. Andy needs a rest then Miami for his training block before Brisbaine.
IP Logged
clementine
Satellite Level

Re: World Tour Finals RR: Murray vs Ferrer « Reply #370 on: November 22, 2011, 10:40 AM »

Andy's luck stinks.  We've been hearing about various injuries and niggles coming into this week but only Andy knew how rough he was feeling when he bravely stepped out on court yesterday.  I was there and the atmosphere was electric, massive Andy support and enough sporting Spanish fans to add the necessary spice to an amazing occasion.

I am so grateful that Andy opted to play as the disappointment had he decided not to would have been overwhelming.  Here lies the dilemma.  Does he play and disappoint by losing or does he not play and disappoint by not showing up?  

It was obvious that all was not well and from my position courtside I could see that Andy's serve was just not happening.  The ball toss was way too far in front and he was just not pushing off the way he does when he's firing on all cylinders.  That said, it was a tough match, and there were moments of pure brilliance from Andy which made being there an absolute privilege.  

David was incredibly determined and strong and nerveless enough to take full advantage of Andy's condition.  As heartbreaking as it was to see Andy lose it was still a massive thrill to see him in the flesh.  He is a true superstar of the game and brings charisma, drama and tension to the arena like no other player.  He must have hated losing yesterday but at least he had the guts to turn up for his fans, knowing he wouldn't be able to perform at anywhere near his best.  

He lost to a wonderful sportsman and a true gentleman.  David was respectful and humble in victory and in his after-match speech he acknowledged Andy's injury and even apologised to Andy's fans for ruining their day.

What made yesterday's result even worse for us Andy fans was the presentation immediately after the match of two ATP awards to none other than Lord Smug himself.  He couldn't wipe the supercilious grin off his face as he was obscenely sucked-up to by the tennis establishment.  Great sportsman, players' choice... don't make me laugh!  Most arrogant cock-sure egomaniac of all time, most ignorant, bitter and twisted sore-loser ever.  
[ Last edit by clementine November 22, 2011, 11:14 AM ] IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: World Tour Finals RR: Murray vs Ferrer « Reply #371 on: November 22, 2011, 11:18 AM »

I definitely think Ferrer should be nominated for a sportsmanship award.  I have never seen him, or heard him, be anything less than sporting.  He is always gracious in defeat and magnanimous in victory.  I am not sure that many players would have done what he did with the split ball yesterday - particularly on break point!

Which makes it all the more amazing that Smugface won a sportsmanship award.   Without looking any further afield - just between those two - Ferrer should win hands down every day of the week.     confused
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: World Tour Finals RR: Murray vs Ferrer « Reply #372 on: November 22, 2011, 11:48 AM »

clementine, I know we all feel that but all the players, even Fed though less than most it seems, get injuries all the time. I just think Andy fans are hyper-aware of his.
Iluvandy, am beginning to think there must have been only one name allowed in that poll and two in the Mandela  one Whistle
I do hope Andy isn't pressurised into playing. Look what happened when John Lloyd pulled that one, Andy was out for two months censored
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: World Tour Finals RR: Murray vs Ferrer « Reply #373 on: November 22, 2011, 12:32 PM »

Andy should retire from the show, footballers take 4 to 6 weeks out for a groin strain. Andy needs a rest then Miami for his training block before Brisbaine.

I would agree with you "Dex" - this type of injury depending on its severity does have a medium to long recuperation time simply because of the muscle thats involved and its location, oh and welcome to MW. hug
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: World Tour Finals RR: Murray vs Ferrer « Reply #374 on: November 22, 2011, 12:36 PM »

Yes....I like Ferrer too!

and me!! - he's a bit of a hottie  Whistle w00t
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »