Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predicys
AM in 2 - 31 (79.5%)
AM in 3 - 7 (17.9%)
JWT in 2 - 0 (0%)
JWT in 3 - 1 (2.6%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 39 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga

(Read 11540 times)
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #90 on: November 08, 2012, 11:14 AM »

i cannot see murray losing to tsonga as much as i cant see djokovic losing to berdych

as much as i didnt use to like djokovic (mainly cause of his celebrations) he is growing on me and he would not throw a match (unlike federer threw the match against del potro 2 years ago to send murray home)
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #91 on: November 08, 2012, 11:31 AM »

Some of you do spend a lot of time in analysis!

I think that everyone needs to get back to enjoying the splendid tennis that these top eight can produce.

I am going on Friday afternoon with my daughter who is a Djoke fan. We do not know who we will see play unless you guys have more inside information! We will enjoy it whatever.

Best option for us both is a straight sets result both sessions going according to ranking positions. If we see Djoke and he hammers Berdych then my daughter is happy and I just have to wait on whether Andy can beat Tsonga. If I see Andy and he hammers Tsonga then I am happy and my daughter has to wait and see if her player performs later.

It would be good if Andy did make it through to the Semis as that would be another chance for him to show his skills to the British public especially if his match was first up this Sunday on BBC? I still find folk who are somewhat critical of him who remember the early version. They need to see more of the good guy with the best most entertaining tennis to be converted.

Do we know where Andy next plays after the O2? Is his 2013 schedule been determined yet?  I rely on this site for good information.

Fingers crossed for Friday that Andy is well motivated to win in two sets to guarantee progressing!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #92 on: November 08, 2012, 11:35 AM »

Well said Masaka, Tamila, Dani and Tj!  Although I know what to expect, I still despair when I come onto this site after Andy has lost a match and read some of the really vitriolic comments from so-called fans.  With friends like these Andy really doesn't need enemies and he already has plenty of those!  I just hope Andy himself never drops in here or, at least, if he does it's only after a win.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #93 on: November 08, 2012, 11:37 AM »

I think that everyone needs to get back to enjoying the splendid tennis that these top eight can produce.

I am going on Friday afternoon with my daughter who is a Djoke fan. We do not know who we will see play unless you guys have more inside information! We will enjoy it whatever.

Best option for us both is a straight sets result both sessions going according to ranking positions. If we see Djoke and he hammers Berdych then my daughter is happy and I just have to wait on whether Andy can beat Tsonga. If I see Andy and he hammers Tsonga then I am happy and my daughter has to wait and see if her player performs later.

It would be good if Andy did make it through to the Semis as that would be another chance for him to show his skills to the British public especially if his match was first up this Sunday on BBC? I still find folk who are somewhat critical of him who remember the early version. They need to see more of the good guy with the best most entertaining tennis to be converted.

Do we know where Andy next plays after the O2? Is his 2013 schedule been determined yet?  I rely on this site for good information.

Fingers crossed for Friday that Andy is well motivated to win in two sets to guarantee progressing!

Early 2013 will probably see Murray play a warm-up tournament before the Australian Open.

Whether it's Brisbane like this year, or the Hopman Cup like previous years, I'm not sure yet.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #94 on: November 08, 2012, 11:40 AM »

I'm pretty sure that Andy is playing the evening session on Friday,Arthur!Hopefully whoever you see you'll have a great time and see some wonderful tennis.(And if I'm wrong and you end up watching Andy then I very much hope you get to see him win!)

As for what's next up,he plays an exhibition thing in Miami during off-season I think,but in terms of tournaments,the first one I know of is that he's agreed to defend his Brisbane title at the beginning of Jan.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #95 on: November 08, 2012, 11:41 AM »

Early 2013 will probably see Murray play a warm-up tournament before the Australian Open.

Whether it's Brisbane like this year, or the Hopman Cup like previous years, I'm not sure yet.

It's Brisbane,I remember him confirming it a while back.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #96 on: November 08, 2012, 11:53 AM »

I'm pretty sure that Andy is playing the evening session on Friday,Arthur!Hopefully whoever you see you'll have a great time and see some wonderful tennis.(And if I'm wrong and you end up watching Andy then I very much hope you get to see him win!)

As for what's next up,he plays an exhibition thing in Miami during off-season I think,but in terms of tournaments,the first one I know is that he's agreed to defend his brisbane title at the beginning of Jan.

Many thanks.  My daughter thinks that Novak couldn't possibly lose every time I see him play (2 of 2 so far) so if you are right then she will be pleased. When will the Friday schedule be formally announced?

It might be easier on my nerves if you are correct but I would have liked to have seen Andy and be at court side rather than just on site as at Wimbledon. That was so good on the hill that day for the Olympic final but seeing him play would be something better. I have only, to date, been a TV watcher but 8 years is a long time so a solid supporter!
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #97 on: November 08, 2012, 12:00 PM »

Anyone going tomorrow who has tickets for level 4, go to information and ask if they have any empty seats going for downstairs. It's so much better on level 1.

(Thanks daveladder).
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #98 on: November 08, 2012, 12:07 PM »

Many thanks.  My daughter thinks that Novak couldn't possibly lose every time I see him play (2 of 2 so far) so if you are right then she will be pleased. When will the Friday schedule be formally announced?

It might be easier on my nerves if you are correct but I would have liked to have seen Andy and be at court side rather than just on site as at Wimbledon. That was so good on the hill that day for the Olympic final but seeing him play would be something better. I have only, to date, been a TV watcher but 8 years is a long time so a solid supporter!

I just checked the ATP site for you there,and it is definitely Novak in the afternoon,Andy in the evening.I suppose they had to give him an evening slot sometime!I'm sorry that you won't get to see him live,but I hope you and your daughter have a fantastic time!

Oh,you were on the hill for the Olympic final?!You lucky,lucky thing!That must have been incredible.I know how emotional and happy I was,bouncing around on my couch,yelling into the kitchen to my family that Andy had done it,he'd really done it,so to be there amongst all those supporters,must have been an amazing atmosphere!I know what you mean-I've never been able to see him play live myself (if only Ireland had some big tennis tournament!Or I had the available money to fly off to places to see him play!) but I've been a huge fan for years.I very much hope to get to see him play live someday.Just have to figure out a way to make it happen and afford it first!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #99 on: November 08, 2012, 12:10 PM »

Anyone going tomorrow who has tickets for level 4, go to information and ask if they have any empty seats going for downstairs. It's so much better on level 1.

(Thanks daveladder).

Dave,I meant to ask you,when you switched your tickets,did you have to pay extra or anything?Sorry,I don't mean to be nosy or anything at all,I'm just asking for the future in case by some wonderful happening I get to to go next year (or even sometime in the future!)
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #100 on: November 08, 2012, 12:14 PM »

Dave,I meant to ask you,when you switched your tickets,did you have to pay extra or anything?Sorry,I don't mean to be nosy or anything at all,I'm just asking for the future in case by some wonderful happening I get to to go next year (or even sometime in the future!)

No extra money. Just asked and got. According to daveladder they want to fill the seats that show on TV, so it makes sense.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #101 on: November 08, 2012, 12:22 PM »

So glad that the Djoko/Berdych match is sceduled for the afternoon.  I don't think for a moment that Djoko would throw the match but this timing would make it a nonsense for him to do so.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #102 on: November 08, 2012, 12:27 PM »

No extra money. Just asked and got. According to daveladder they want to fill the seats that show on TV, so it makes sense.

Brilliant,thank you!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #103 on: November 08, 2012, 12:41 PM »

So glad that the Djoko/Berdych match is sceduled for the afternoon.  I don't think for a moment that Djoko would throw the match but this timing would make it a nonsense for him to do so.

I am glad that Andy gets to play the evening session (Although I'm sorry for Arthur that he won't get to see him!)-hopefully the crowds will be very lively,and vocally supportive of our boy.It's made no sense to me that Andy,as one of their biggest names,and the one British hope,has had day sessions so far.(Stupid BBC!)The only thing is,selfishly for me it could cause problems watching it on a stream as others of my family will be online too,which will slow things down,whereas during the day matches I've had the internet to myself!! Frown Oh well.A nice,uncomplicated win please Andy,whether I'm able to watch or not!
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #104 on: November 08, 2012, 12:48 PM »

I just checked the ATP site for you there,and it is definitely Novak in the afternoon,Andy in the evening.I suppose they had to give him an evening slot sometime!I'm sorry that you won't get to see him live,but I hope you and your daughter have a fantastic time!

Oh,you were on the hill for the Olympic final?!You lucky,lucky thing!That must have been incredible.I know how emotional and happy I was,bouncing around on my couch,yelling into the kitchen to my family that Andy had done it,he'd really done it,so to be there amongst all those supporters,must have been an amazing atmosphere!I know what you mean-I've never been able to see him play live myself (if only Ireland had some big tennis tournament!Or I had the available money to fly off to places to see him play!) but I've been a huge fan for years.I very much hope to get to see him play live someday.Just have to figure out a way to make it happen and afford it first!

Dani,  Thanks for that information. I see now where the information is posted.

Wimbledon that day was so much fun. Drowned by rain first thing. Saw Del Potro win sitting with a group of very vocal Agentinians behind was a good experience. We then slipped onto the Hill as it was being shut off by police as the numbers were very large. Stunning manoeuvre to beat the restrictions! A lot of those who saw the 3rd place match went out to see Andy win. No 1 court was very empty for the ladies match. We saw nearly two sets on the big screen from very high up! There was such a mood of happiness and of certainty that Andy would win. It was not like the doubting this week over whether he might beat Tsonga.   

We bought a bottle of champagne in Wimbledon Village and toasted his success after. I think that next year for this event I will study the rankings to see which group he is likely to be in and buy for both sessions on the day is is due to play. This assumes that I can still afford it and am not reduced to poverty by the EU?  Now they have extended the WTF being played in London till 2015 I will perhaps have three more chances. I do hope that you get the opportunity for a live event too.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 39 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »