Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predicys
AM in 2 - 31 (79.5%)
AM in 3 - 7 (17.9%)
JWT in 2 - 0 (0%)
JWT in 3 - 1 (2.6%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga

(Read 9587 times)
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #525 on: November 09, 2012, 10:00 PM »

Congratulations Andy! clap

Alls well that ends well, as they say, but I didnt like the way it ended in a TB, too close for comfort for me. I think he needs to aim high at all times. Just recently we have seen him lose tournaments that he really should have won.
Surgical execution is whats needed! If he aims to be No. 1, can he afford to take his foot off the gas?
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #526 on: November 09, 2012, 10:00 PM »

Well done Andy.

200 points and $130,000.

I am hoping Fed wins but Delpo knackers Fed out so Andy can finish him off in the SF lol
yep good point, hope he runs Fed ragged !!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #527 on: November 09, 2012, 10:05 PM »

It's great that Andy's through to the semis again! Smile Hope it will be another classic match, like against Rafa in 2010 (but with Andy as the winner of course!)
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #528 on: November 09, 2012, 10:05 PM »

Can we bring Kevin Spacey to all of his matches??
Lol,not that I really think the victories have anything to do with him,but Andy's certainly won some nice matches with him in attendance.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #529 on: November 09, 2012, 10:07 PM »

Fed struggles against Andy .....and seems to match up better against Djoko....if he sees it like that...I wouldnt be at all surprised to see him tank the match v Del potro. Thats maybe doing a disservice to Del Potro though...as he beat Fed fair & square in Toblerone country recently.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #530 on: November 09, 2012, 10:07 PM »

I LOVE the idea of a run-ragged Fed being finished off by Andy.Even the thought of the excuses afterwards doesn't put me off.Delpo,I like you already (except when you're playing Mr. M,of course) but I may just LOVE you if you serve a tired Fed up to Andy to trounce.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #531 on: November 09, 2012, 10:10 PM »

I'd rather Del Potro beat Federer in straights, then Federer took care of Djokovic for Andy taking him out - leaving Andy to beat Federer in the final.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #532 on: November 09, 2012, 10:10 PM »

Federer tanking against Del Potro... now where have we seen that before?
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #533 on: November 09, 2012, 10:15 PM »

I LOVE the idea of a run-ragged Fed being finished off by Andy.Even the thought of the excuses afterwards doesn't put me off.Delpo,I like you already (except when you're playing Mr. M,of course) but I may just LOVE you if you serve a tired Fed up to Andy to trounce.

yeah.....per my ABF username .....anyone but smuggly..... can just hear him post match...'(despite tourno organisers pushing me on my wheelchair to the semis) I didnt play a great match..not anywhere near my fantabulous king of tennis-like standards...thats why Andy won...but I give him credit...he played out of his skin.'
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #534 on: November 09, 2012, 10:18 PM »

Federer tanking against Del Potro... now where have we seen that before?
surely he didnt tank in basel
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #535 on: November 09, 2012, 10:19 PM »

It's great that Andy's through to the semis again! Smile Hope it will be another classic match, like against Rafa in 2010 (but with Andy as the winner of course!)
I hope if Andy has to play Fed in semis he wins easily I would hate it to be like the match Andy played against Rafa in 2010.That match took to much out of Andy and i dont want that to happen should he have to play Fed in the semis.If he was to win his semi final match and it was a long and tough match he may have nothing left to give in the final.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #536 on: November 09, 2012, 10:26 PM »

I hope if Andy has to play Fed in semis he wins easily I would hate it to be like the match Andy played against Rafa in 2010.That match took to much out of Andy and i dont want that to happen should he have to play Fed in the semis.If he was to win his semi final match and it was a long and tough match he may have nothing left to give in the final.
That's true, I wouldn't want a long match either but hope that it will be high quality. At least if he plays Fed the matches aren't usually that physically gruelling as the points tend to be shorter. I'm pleased for that reason that Andy and Novak were in the same group as playing him in the SF could have left him too tired for the final.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #537 on: November 09, 2012, 10:32 PM »

Yeah... I would prefer Andy playing Del Potro...I think it would be slightly less taxing for Andy to play him. Del Potro struggles against players who are athletic, speedy who can play with variety. Having said that...I believe Andy would beat Fed... and another win for Andy would put Fed firmly in his pocket.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #538 on: November 09, 2012, 10:32 PM »

Good point Katie.

Laundry also made a very good point about Fed conserving energy tomorrow, going all out to beat Nole in the SF and then get polished off by Andy in the Final lol

I feel Andy has a better chance winning against Fed (~60/40) than Nole (50/50)
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #539 on: November 09, 2012, 10:34 PM »

Hi All,

I don't like saying I told you so, but it won't stop me! Andy is through and he still won in straight sets. Tie-break? No problem, that's the first he's had all week and he won it. Making it harder compared to 'the others' would have been to take his foot off the pedal once he knew he was through and allow Tsonga to win a set. Andy didn't do that. It was obvious Tsonga was going to relax a bit and play, to try to come back, but Andy lifted his game again when he needed to, like the pro he is.

I think a Murray/Smugfed indoor match will be interesting. Sure, indoors allows Smugfed to be aggressive, blah, blah, blah, but I think Andy is in his head now. Delpo running Smugfed ragged wouldn't hurt, but Andy didn't have the benefit of that in Shanghai and look what he did that day. He was all over the Swiss Miss like a delightful rash, and yes, by Miss I do mean the number of double faults he served lol. The fifth game of the first set still makes me laugh. Oh I am a bad person!

I bet Smugfed can't wait for Sunday. For once I'm inclined to agree!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »