Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predicys
AM in 2 - 31 (79.5%)
AM in 3 - 7 (17.9%)
JWT in 2 - 0 (0%)
JWT in 3 - 1 (2.6%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga  (Read 8230 times)
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #555 on: November 10, 2012, 12:05 AM »

I think he's referring to the 2009 wtf finals, the time fed cost andy a semi final place due to not winning one more game in the last set
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #556 on: November 10, 2012, 12:15 AM »

Oh sorry my bad
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #557 on: November 10, 2012, 06:22 AM »

Andy v Nole this year 3-4 but Andy won the bigger ones.  It would be nice if this could make it 4-4 with the big one again.  Keeping my fingers crossed.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #558 on: November 10, 2012, 06:59 AM »

I was surprised Andy asked the empire after the first set a confirmation that he is through to the SF's. Should think that he s sure about the possibilities before the match? It can disturb his concentraton?

And we all knew that it was enough? What did the empire say?
[ Last edit by flowerpower November 10, 2012, 07:30 AM ] IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #559 on: November 10, 2012, 09:19 AM »

Reading through this thread, there's some folks with violent tendencies here.  Think

Yes it is the wheelchair brigade that you've got to look out for!

Thanks to the kind folk who have explained when the final will be televised  by the BBC
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #560 on: November 10, 2012, 09:20 AM »

Very nice scenario, but I would prefer that Andy found a way to prevail against Novak. It's such small margins when they play but Novak just edges it, so if Andy is to get the no.1 spot the only way is to beat Novak.
I agree, but in the last two matches Olympics and USA , and I believe Andy will win this , thus beating Joker in the last 3 most important Matches.(fingers crossed ) Next year is going to be so exciting Lashurst.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #561 on: November 10, 2012, 03:59 PM »

Is there anywhere I can see a replay of this match as could not get it last night?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #562 on: November 10, 2012, 04:44 PM »

Yes it is the wheelchair brigade that you've got to look out for!

Darling I may be many things, but a brigade I am not lol.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #563 on: November 10, 2012, 04:58 PM »

Yaay,teejay!
I hereby request that you blast "chariots'' before all of Andy's matches-or at least all of the big ones.In fact,I may start doing it myself.I love that song anyway-always makes me emotional when I hear it.And seeing as they were playing it a hell of a lot during the Olympics-you can imagine how I got!Never meant more or made for more emotional listening than when they played it for our boy though Smile

It was the Olympics that started me off with it. They played it a lot, I downloaded it for my ipod. I played it before Andy played Stan Wawrinka and Andy won, so I thought it might help him lol. Lo and behold, each time I played it Andy won - the fact that he played such beautiful, beautiful tennis didn't enter my head as anything to do with it lol.

I thought I'd try it again for the USO, and blow me, it worked! Andy still hasn't received his trophy, but then I haven't received my cut of his prize money either Whistle. No, actually, he's all right, deserves every penny, or should that be cent?

It's much better than the 'song' I tried for Wimbledon. On the day of Andy's first round I had 'Bring Me Sunshine' - the older people amonst us might remember it as the piece Morecambe and Wise used to do at the end of their TV show years ago in the UK  - stuck in my head, so I started humming it, mainly to get rid of the ruddy thing. Later in the day Andy won, so Bring Me Sunshine got stuck in my brain each day he played, until the day of the final. I can't quite remember what was in my head that day, other than Andy himself, not to mention an urge to inflict pain on a certain Swiss tennis player. Whistle.

So, I'm sticking with Chariots of Fire. It clearly works for our lad. Also, did you hear it in the background before the presentation at the USO? See, it's fate!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #564 on: November 10, 2012, 05:00 PM »

I will pester you on Sunday to make sure you play it again Smile

Please do lol. I'm still not 100% so I might forget. I'd never forgive myself if he lost and it was my fault lol.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #565 on: November 10, 2012, 06:35 PM »

It was the Olympics that started me off with it. They played it a lot, I downloaded it for my ipod. I played it before Andy played Stan Wawrinka and Andy won, so I thought it might help him lol. Lo and behold, each time I played it Andy won - the fact that he played such beautiful, beautiful tennis didn't enter my head as anything to do with it lol.

So, I'm sticking with Chariots of Fire. It clearly works for our lad. Also, did you hear it in the background before the presentation at the USO? See, it's fate!

I DID hear it!Got-if even possible-even more emotional-when it started playing,although I couldn't hear it all that well.I wanted everyone to shut up so Andy could hear it and savour his major achievements!

You know,come to think of it,I played "Chariots" a lot during the Olympics too!I had had it on my ipod anyway,and I'd make sure I'd go for a big walk in the mornings,seeing as I'd be watching the Olympics a lot during the day (made sure the walks were long whenever Andy was playing,cos I knew I'd be glued to the screen for however long it played,plus comfort snacks to combat any stress lol!) and I'd play it a lot during those walks.Was too afraid to play it during the USO before he won just in case I'd be tempting fate (stupid,I know) but seeing as it's been working for whenever you played it-well,I may just have to join the party lol! Very Happy
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #566 on: November 10, 2012, 09:35 PM »

Can someone upload this match btw? That would be awesome, as I've only been able to watch the highlights.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #567 on: November 11, 2012, 01:48 AM »

Come back here in the morning and it should be up. Audio goes slightly out of sync towards the end but it's great quality otherwise.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #568 on: November 11, 2012, 02:59 AM »

Thanks a lot. Smile
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #569 on: November 11, 2012, 03:44 AM »

No worries. 6 hours time it should be up.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »