Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF SF: Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 87 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF SF: Murray vs Federer

(Read 16079 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #45 on: November 11, 2012, 03:30 AM »

That is my plan indeed.

I will bury them all.

Lets hope so, because I was there too and the atmosphere there was the best ever.
Hope to see a close-up of your knuckles on TV featuring our boy's name. yes
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #46 on: November 11, 2012, 04:34 AM »

When is the finals of WTF?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #47 on: November 11, 2012, 07:06 AM »

Despite the Tsonga match still commencing. Andy only needed to win a set to qualify for the semis and he won the first 6-2. Therefore Andy will play Roger Federer on Sunday at 7:45pm UK time.
This is correct! Andy's match will 'not' be shown on bbc.........only Djoko v Del potro at 2pm!  Frown
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #48 on: November 11, 2012, 07:08 AM »

This is correct! Andy's match will 'not' be shown on bbc.........only Djoko v Del potro at 2pm!  Frown

That is sad...here, both the matches are being telecasted at their respective timings. Very Happy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #49 on: November 11, 2012, 07:10 AM »

Andy's never beaten Fed at the WTF in London, so time to redress that one.

cmonandy

* Murray vs Fed.JPG (143.95 KB, 608x1167 - viewed 104 times.)
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #50 on: November 11, 2012, 07:18 AM »

I'm sooo glad Delboy forced Fed to go the whole 3 sets yesterday, while Andy had a nice day off! Makes a change, doesn't it?  Whistle
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #51 on: November 11, 2012, 07:21 AM »

I'm sooo glad Delboy forced Fed to go the whole 3 sets yesterday, while Andy had a nice day off! Makes a change, doesn't it?  Whistle

But I hope that if Andy wins, Fed doesn't say it is because he didn't get a day off and was tired and blah blah blah like the Olympics.
That was because of Delpo too! Love you Delpo!
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #52 on: November 11, 2012, 07:50 AM »

For those who don't have Sky Sports, at least the Beeb will be showing the singles final on Monday evening, so here's hoping Andy will be there.  If Marray makes the doubles final, that won't be shown.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #53 on: November 11, 2012, 09:10 AM »

You can just guarantee that Federer will really raise his game tomorrow after three mediocre performances in the groups.

LOL. I guess that's a backhanded compliment because Fed qualified at a canter. Glad he wasn't really trying.

I  wish Andy was playing Delpo but Fed having a tough 3-setter while Andy having his feet up is going to help without a doubt. Im expecting Andy to whip some Swiss butt and win in 2.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #54 on: November 11, 2012, 09:27 AM »

I read that the BBC's contract included them getting at least two of Andy's matches, which would explain him having two afternoon sessions during the week.  I really wanted him to have the afternoon session today too - handier for me, less recovery time for his opponent, and if he does win - more recovery time for tomorrow!

However, it's not as if the BBC have decided not to show the match.  They'd signed a deal to show afternoon sessions only, and someone else chose who plays when.  It may even be a move to force the BBC to buy rights to more matches next year.

I am quietly confident of Andy's chances today.  I definitely think Federer has more to fear of Andy than vice versa, but he will be highly motivated to address the H2H, with one last push, so no room for complacency. nervous

Fed's fans are hilarious about as and when they try to play the "tired" trump card.  They praise his efficient tennis style, and insist he's still top of his game and suggestions of him retiring are ridiculous, but as soon as he doesn't win - it's because of his opponents unfair advantage of being younger.   Most of them appear to remain entirely ignorant of Andy's two doubles matches before the Olympic final and that Fed did actually have a rest day.  The match with Delpo was epic, especially by three-set match standards, but he had a whole day off, which is rare in three-set tournaments.   He also had to play Delpo, not Djokovic.  Andy beat the higher ranked player more convincingly and efficiently, and if Fed had managed it - it would be down to his superior skill and general GOATiness.

Of course, some of his fans are sane, and can handle the fact that Federer isn't entirely invincible and that some other players have talent too!  I feel a bit sorry for them when they dare to suggest that his form isn't great, and that he might not win, only to be subject to interrogation from the hardcore fans.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #55 on: November 11, 2012, 09:34 AM »

I always cringe when I see the Fed Fans, all wearing the cap with initials, which to my mind is daft, so glad Andy doesn't want to go down that road, his initials on trainers etc. I enjoyed seeing the saltire with written in Gold was Shh. Gold Medalist and Open Champion at work. Real dig at the Fed poster. yay
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #56 on: November 11, 2012, 09:54 AM »

Mad how this will be the 4th meeting between the two within the space of just over 4 months, and that if they'd of met at the US Open it woulda been 4 consecutive  months that they have faced each other. Of course, the record right now looks great, with Andy getting the most recent wins, which really pleases me. I think Andy has the edge going into this match, considering how inconsistent Fed[ERROR has been all tournament, but let's not get too confident. Andy himself hasn't exactly been phenomenal has he? His best Tennis imo came against Berdych where he came back from a set down, but throughout the week he's been making as many silly errors as fed has, and his first serve has not been as good as we all know it can be. Andy needs to make sure he gets his firsts serves in, because otherwise Federror will eat up his second serves for breakfast and just begin to pin him into the corner. What I'd also like to see Andy do is attack Federer's second serve as much as possible, I know he is a great defensive player and  he can return first serves including Rogers, but if Roger is managing to serve first serves right out to the corner a lot of Andy's returns are going to be block/lobs that set up easy volleys for Fed. Of course, I think one of Andy's main targets will be Fed's backhand, and I don't need to mention why. One more thing I'd like to see is more attacking play from Andy. I hate it when people say Andy is just a pusher, because he can attack, and he can attack well (See US Open 08 Semi vs Nadull). I want him to unsettle Roger's game plan by coming to the net more often, serve volleying and making Roger really work for his points. I really think this approach could throw Roger more than it could Andy pushing at the Baseline which Fed most probably will have figured out and have a plan for by now.

Well I think I've waffled on a bit too much there but oh well. I really do hope Andy wins, but if he loses after putting his best efforts in I won't be upset, because I have to remember that Fed is the GOAT (although I hate to say it) and his indoor record at the O2 arena really is admirable. If Andy loses silly mistakes, I will be a little upset, but I won't so mad, it's been a long season for him and IMO he still has the bragging rights over Fed and will hopefully beat the old fart in a Slam Final next year to shut him up once and for all Very Happy.

Enjoy the game folks, and enjoy Del Potro vs Djokovic too, as Tennis fans we're really in for a great day of Tennis and finally some BRILLIANT matches at the World Tour Finals Very Happy.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #57 on: November 11, 2012, 10:11 AM »

I'm sure Andy, along with the other players with depth of ability, adjust their tactics according to who they are playing, but choose not to talk about that side of things as part of their bigger picture tactics!  A lot of people complain that players give bland answers during interviews, but they're not (all) daft.  They have to balance being respectful of an opponent, with not being defeatist of their own ability, whilst not actually letting on too much of their own weaknesses or their recently developed weapons!

Federer's backhand has been wonky, but it could come back to life, so Andy's going to have to be prepared to adjust his plans accordingly.

What I'm hoping for is that all of the wonky bits of Federer's recent game stay wonky, while Andy has got all of his wonky bits ironed out, and is channelling his form from the Olympics.  Seems reasonable. Smile
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #58 on: November 11, 2012, 10:15 AM »

Yeah you're right, I'd just like to see Andy attack a little more, it was so brilliant when he attack vs Nadal in 08 US Open he totally owned Nadal there and eat him for breakfast. I too want to see Federror, giving his usual errors and then some.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #59 on: November 11, 2012, 10:41 AM »

It would be satisfying to see both!   I do think Andy (and the O2 crowd) felt a bit bad for Tsonga for playing so badly, and I'm sure that once he knew he was through, that held him back from being ruthless in the second set.  I don't think he'll have that problem today - although I'm sure there will be plenty of Fed fans in.

I like that Lendl is very up-front about not going into detail about tactics and which technical things they've been working on.  Otherwise, you'd be left believing that tennis really was all about confidence.  I accept confidence is important, but I think players like to talk about it as a diversion to talk about the nuts and bolts of their game.  The unfortunate fall-out is that some people act as if win is down to mental strength, and every loss is a mental break-down.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 87 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »