Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF SF: Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 87 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF SF: Murray vs Federer

(Read 16226 times)
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1170 on: November 12, 2012, 12:54 PM »

I've bitten the bullet and e-mailed in to Sky's tennis coverage. I've deliberately kept my words quite measured, as ranting about Federer in this situation seems inappropriate. I just felt the need to express my disgust with the crowd last night and express support for Andy.

I doubt it will be read, and I suspect if it is that Marcus and co. will have a laugh (I do point out that they do that whenever someone contacts them with anything negative connected with Federer, so I hope they'll take note), but sometimes you just have to stick your colours to the mast and do what you think is right. I think this is right.

Meanwhile, don't you let me down tonight Djokovic. I'm counting on you. Be the undefeated champion and celebrate right in Fed's face. I need a laugh.
Brilliant tj, bet they don't read it out!!! Come on Djoko, be interesting to see what's said on sky at 5,30 this afternoon !!!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1171 on: November 12, 2012, 01:01 PM »

I've bitten the bullet and e-mailed in to Sky's tennis coverage. I've deliberately kept my words quite measured, as ranting about Federer in this situation seems inappropriate. I just felt the need to express my disgust with the crowd last night and express support for Andy.

I doubt it will be read, and I suspect if it is that Marcus and co. will have a laugh (I do point out that they do that whenever someone contacts them with anything negative connected with Federer, so I hope they'll take note), but sometimes you just have to stick your colours to the mast and do what you think is right. I think this is right.

Meanwhile, don't you let me down tonight Djokovic. I'm counting on you. Be the undefeated champion and celebrate right in Fed's face. I need a laugh.

Well done TJ - what is the email address?  I'll write too - maybe if a few more of us expressed our views something would be said - it needs to be.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1172 on: November 12, 2012, 01:03 PM »

Well done Teejay!I think you're spot on in what you say,and I may just pluck up the courage to do it myself too.Last night was all wrong,and it should be acknowledged-by everyone.

I wouldn't be so sure about it being laughed at-for one,I always think you put your point across very well,so I'm sure they'll have no choice but to read the truth in it;for another-they were THERE,so while they may try and make light of it for the cameras (even though they shouldn't) they do know how badly Andy was treated,and probably know they should've said something;but also,I've been trying to keep track,just a little,of what people are saying about last night,and while you do get the usual Murray haters-we can kind of predict their comments at this stage,can't we!-there is a lot more people out there who are appalled by the way people treated Andy last night.Lots of them not even huge fans of Andy like us or anything,just people with eyes and ears who saw a good guy get treated very badly.

Even my best friend,who is a huge Smugfed fan (I bear with this lapse in judgement cos she's an amazing person,and we're all entitled to admire who we want,but it can make nights like last night a tad awkward when we're rooting for opposite sides!Someone always ends up disappointed!),who wasn't able to watch the match (last-minute cramming for an exam this morning,poor thing.) was horrified and disgusted when she heard.She has no love for Andy (despite my efforts!) but simply as a person,she was horrified.

There's no positivity to take from the way Andy was treated last night,but it is encouraging to see how many see-and say-that whether or not they're a fan,or admire him at all,he deserved much better than he got.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1173 on: November 12, 2012, 01:07 PM »

What is sad is that one Andy loss against Fed and all the haters start appearing out of the woodwork, never mid that he beat him in the olympics and shanghai in straight sets, they went very quiet then /feign surprise - now all i see online is comments like this

It's not easy being me,this right all of the time.It was just like I said ladies, easy win for the king. Like a man against a boy. Those of you who dream that Murray has moved forward are completely wrong. Hope you all heard him being booed, should have had a code violation for breaking his racket in the tie break and then disqualified for persistent and consistent foul language. Great example ...... At least he knows where he stands now in the public eye. Totally MILES away from the top guys, ferrer and delpo will overtake him next season. Anyone but Murray.

- RF , Enfield, 12/11/2012 07:12

You know what though, before, things like that used to upset me, but not anymore - i just see it for what it is, vitriolic garbage, Andy has always had his detractors and nothing will ever change, not only is the above comment incorrect in every sense of the word, it's also the words of a typical muzza hater, as much as i am glad the season is over, i cannot wait until next year i am utterly convinced that he will have an even better year than 2012, i really do believe that.
[ Last edit by The Gnome November 12, 2012, 01:11 PM ] IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1174 on: November 12, 2012, 01:07 PM »

Teejay can you give us the e-mail address I would like to send something in, come on fellow MW's let's bombard Sky with our concerns, if they don't get mentioned then that just proves our gut feeling is right, however, if they mention it, it might get back to the man himself I.e. Andy and let him know he has got amazing support.  I feel an MW campaign coming on.....
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1175 on: November 12, 2012, 01:17 PM »

What is sad is that one Andy loss against Fed and all the haters start appearing out of the woodwork, never mid that he beat him in the olympics and shanghai in straight sets, they went very quiet then /feign surprise - now all i see online is comments like this

It's not easy being me,this right all of the time.It was just like I said ladies, easy win for the king. Like a man against a boy. Those of you who dream that Murray has moved forward are completely wrong. Hope you all heard him being booed, should have had a code violation for breaking his racket in the tie break and then disqualified for persistent and consistent foul language. Great example ...... At least he knows where he stands now in the public eye. Totally MILES away from the top guys, ferrer and delpo will overtake him next season. Anyone but Murray.

You know what though, before, things like that used to upset me, but not anymore - i just see it for what it is, vitriolic garbage, Andy has always had his detractors and nothing will ever change, not only is the above comment incorrect in every sense of the word, it's also the words of a typical muzza hater, as much as i am glad the season is over, i cannot wait until next year i am utterly convinced that he will have an even better year than 2012, i really do believe that.

Yeah,but for comments like that,you also get comments like this one:

"What was going on with the crowd? Did Roger bus in truck loads of supporters? I know he's a great player, but surely the crowd should have been behind a British player on British soil? After what Andy did for British tennis this year the crowd should be ashamed of themselves..."

and this one:

"A brilliant year for British sport and a fantastic year for Murray in winning a major and an Olympic gold and silver,if someone had told me ten years ago I would have an interest in tennis,I would have said not a chance,I used to think of tennis as an elitist sport for the middle class but attitudes are Definately changing and Andy Murray along with the great rivalries in the game are making tennis top box office judging by the viewing figures."

and this simple but eloquent one:

"Where is the acknowledgement that Andy Murray deserves?"

At least some people have the sense to see that the way Andy was treated was all wrong.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1176 on: November 12, 2012, 01:19 PM »

Well done TJ - what is the email address?  I'll write too - maybe if a few more of us expressed our views something would be said - it needs to be.

I think this does need a lot of us to become quite vocal to be honest. I'm simply not having people thinking that Andy smashed a racquet, behaved badly and then got abused, because that is not what happened. He was abused by a rampantly pro-Federer crowd and they were on his back before a ball had been struck.

I used [email protected] The e-mail I sent has not come back, so I assume it is right. If enough of us do it something will surely have to be said.

Mark my words as well. This is nothing to do with Andy being a Scot. This is to do with the Olympics and the fact that Andy thrashed Federer on his beloved Centre Court in straight sets.

A bit of warning, if they read my e-mail tonight it will come from Tracy from Worcester, and just to say, now I've been around here for a bit, you can all start calling me Tracy if you like. I prefer Teejay though lol.
IP Logged
caroline
Seed

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1177 on: November 12, 2012, 01:32 PM »

Federer fans maybe anti Andy as someone posted on an earlier post but the Fed fans are more anti Rafa.In fact the Fed fans are positivly vile about Rafa.Until you've read some of the postings the Fed fans write about Rafa you aint read nothing.My friend was at the O2 last night as an Andy supporter and she told me that a larger proportion of the crowd were Fed fans and some of them were in fact quite rude at times.That being said she said it was very hard as an Andy fan to get yourself heard although she and her companians did try very hard.The booing was not as we all assume actually started by non Andy fans she feels that it was the Swiss fans who were doing it and it took on a life of it's own and lots of others joined in as stupid people do.
Another point she made which i found very intresting was that more often than not the commies can be negative about Andy. Less so now he's won OG and the US but she said on the whole when you listen to them everythings always about Fed.
I would have loved to go to the O2 next year to support Andy but i think i'll pass on that until Fed retires.Im not a Fed fan never have been never will be to be honest i prefer AM ND and RN.In fact when Feds playing i never watch his matches unless of course he's playing against Andy,and then i have to watch the match and turn the sound down because i cant stand listening to the commies go on and on about Fed.Fed the greatest not in my eyes he never had the beating of Rafa.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1178 on: November 12, 2012, 01:37 PM »

Thanks TJ.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1179 on: November 12, 2012, 01:41 PM »

Guess what, guys. I'm off to O2 for WTF finals day.

Should I boo Federer when he comes on to court, or when he leaves at the end either as victor or runner-up?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1180 on: November 12, 2012, 01:41 PM »

“When you play Roger anywhere in the world, he gets great support. He deserves it because of everything he has achieved.”
- Andy Murray...

---------------------

Well somes it up right there.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1181 on: November 12, 2012, 01:41 PM »

Guess what, guys. I'm off to O2 for WTF finals day.

Should I boo Federer when he comes on to court, or when he leaves at the end either as victor or runner-up?

Heckle him throughout the match and be very pro Nole.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1182 on: November 12, 2012, 01:41 PM »

Right,you know,while I've got myself fired up over all of this,I think I AM going to pluck up my courage and email them in!Can I ask,how should I begin?To whom it may concern,something like that?I know what I want to say in the bulk of the complaint,but I don't really know how to begin or end these things!(I really hate confrontation,so normally I try not to.But in this case,Teejay is right,something needs to be said!)I don't want to come off as an idiot and have them not listen just because I phrase what I want to say stupidly!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1183 on: November 12, 2012, 01:43 PM »

Ignore that guy, he's been hating on Andy Murray for as log as I can remember on the DailyMail site. It's clear he's a fedtard with the initials RF...
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1184 on: November 12, 2012, 01:45 PM »

“When you play Roger anywhere in the world, he gets great support. He deserves it because of everything he has achieved.”
- Andy Murray...

---------------------

Well somes it up right there.

To be honest,I disagree a little.Sure,Federer's fanbase is huge,and (as much as I don't like the man personally) deservedly so,because of all he has achieved.So yes,he's going to have great support.But last night wasn't just a pro-Fed crowd shouting support of their man-they were very deliberately,with a nasty spirit,against Andy.You can happily,vocally support your man without tearing down the other guy.Last night was something different.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 87 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »