Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF SF: Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 ... 87 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF SF: Murray vs Federer

(Read 15350 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1185 on: November 12, 2012, 01:56 PM »

Right,you know,while I've got myself fired up over all of this,I think I AM going to pluck up my courage and email them in!Can I ask,how should I begin?To whom it may concern,something like that?I know what I want to say in the bulk of the complaint,but I don't really know how to begin or end these things!(I really hate confrontation,so normally I try not to.But in this case,Teejay is right,something needs to be said!)I don't want to come off as an idiot and have them not listen just because I phrase what I want to say stupidly!

I wrote mine to Marcus and co. They'll read it, so it seems the right thing to do. Just sign it off with your name and where you are from. I did. I couldn't write 'sincerely' or faithfully, because I know they'll be dismissive, and I can't show that sort of respect to people who would dismiss something so outrageous.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1186 on: November 12, 2012, 01:57 PM »

Thanks TJ.

My pleasure.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1187 on: November 12, 2012, 02:03 PM »

To be honest,I disagree a little.Sure,Federer's fanbase is huge,and (as much as I don't like the man personally) deservedly so,because of all he has achieved.So yes,he's going to have great support.But last night wasn't just a pro-Fed crowd shouting support of their man-they were very deliberately,with a nasty spirit,against Andy.You can happily,vocally support your man without tearing down the other guy.Last night was something different.

My sentiments exactly. Andy would be tactful about it, he knows what sport is like. I wonder as well if he wouldn't want to get embroiled in a controversy, something that would come down to a *****-fest between him and Smugscum - I've decided Smugfed is too mild a term for him. Mind you, Fed would win a *****-fest too. He has the handbag to prove it, or he did.

Last night was a mean-spirited, nasty attack on Andy, there is nothing else to it, all because he has beaten Federer this year and a number of times in his career.

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1188 on: November 12, 2012, 02:21 PM »

Ignore that guy, he's been hating on Andy Murray for as log as I can remember on the DailyMail site. It's clear he's a fedtard with the initials RF...
What a sad, pathetic human being.

(Him, not you)
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1189 on: November 12, 2012, 02:31 PM »

My pleasure.

Just fired mine off!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1190 on: November 12, 2012, 03:12 PM »

That's me put mine off, copy below

Dear Marcus & Co.

I watched the SF last night between Murray and Federer and was saddened to witness the hostility shown towards  a young man who is the best thing to happen to British tennis since the Fred Perry era.  He is a young man with a tremendous work ethic which has seen him triumph in 2012, I fully understand that people are free to support whom they wish and this quite rightly is personal preference, however, surely, this young sportsman deserves the respect of the British public for his outstanding year.  Would an Olympian be treated in this way - well I think we all know the answer to that.......

I only hope that Andy Murray can draw on his memories from his homecoming to Dunblane to realise he does have the full support and backing of a large section of the public, it is just a pity that so many chose to behave in a such a shocking way last night.  When it comes to DC in 2013, this young lad would be perfectly justified to turn his back on his country in much the same way as the majority of the crowd last night turned their back on one of their own.

Thank you Andy Murray for a fantastic year of tennis.

Christine
Aberdeen
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1191 on: November 12, 2012, 03:20 PM »

“When you play Roger anywhere in the world, he gets great support. He deserves it because of everything he has achieved.”
- Andy Murray...

---------------------

Well somes it up right there.

Andy is being modest here....I bet he is thinking that the crowd is pathetic.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1192 on: November 12, 2012, 03:31 PM »

Ok guys,I've just written a draft of my e-mail.Would it be at all possible to skim through it and maybe tell me if you guys have any suggestions or criticisms?I know it won't be anything I haven't said on here,and it's not like it's an exam assignment or anything,it doesn't have to be perfect,but I've never written something like this before,and I'm a little clueless as to how it's done-but I'd really like to make my voice heard in defence of Andy,and I'd like it to at least have a shot of being taken somewhat seriously! Smile

To whom it may concern

First of all,as an avid tennis fan,I'd like to express my appreciation for the wonderful work you do-I watch a lot of tennis matches thanks to you,so thank you.But I'm writing to you to talk about the semi-final at the ATP World Tour Finals last night,between Roger Federer and Andy Murray.

Watching it,I felt,quite simply,that the way Andy Murray was treated was a disgrace.He did nothing,nothing at all,to provoke the treatment he received last night.And it seemed,right from the beginning,that he could do nothing right.When he played well,they gave polite applause.When he played badly,they acted like they were disgusted in him,but delighted for Federer.When Andy changed his racquet,they booed him.When Federer changed his,they applauded.When Andy made unforced errors,they were delighted.When he left,they booed and jeered him.It was terrible to see.

Where was the acknowledgement that Andy Murray deserves?Where was the respect,after the year that he's had?After all the years of hard work put in?
I won't go on about what he's achieved this year,because everyone already knows it.Gold and silver medals for Team GB at the Olympics.And most spectacularly,the US Open champion.He was so proud to represent GB in the Olympics and win medals for them,and to break that horrible Fred Perry record for Britain.He was hopeful that he'd be well-supported last night,and he said how grateful he'd been for the support at other matches.And then last night happened.What a terrible way to end the year for him.

If you didn't know the tournament was being held in London,where he was supposedly home favourite,you would never have known it from the way he was treated last night.In defence of the way the crowd acted last night,much has been made of the fact that London is populated by many people-not all of them from Britain-and that Federer is globally popular.That maybe the people in the crowd treating Andy that way were not British at all.(Although,thanks to people at the match,we know some of them definitely were.)But that is no excuse.It certainly won't have made it hurt any less.Sure,Federer's fanbase is huge,and deservedly so,because of all he has achieved.So yes,he's going to have great support.But last night wasn't just a pro-Federer crowd shouting support of their man-they were very deliberately,with a nasty spirit,against Andy.You can vocally support your man without tearing down the other guy.Last night was something different.

It has also been said that he wasn't representing Team GB officially,that the event just happened to be held in London.That he isn't entitled to the support of British people just because he is British.That's true.No player is automatically entitled to any support.But respect is something else-and especially at that level,at that event,where you have to be at the very top level of tennis just to qualify.He was entitled to respect that wasn't given.

Losing to Federer would've been a tough way to end the season anyway,given how badly Andy wanted to do well here this year-but on top of that the treatment he was shown last night?To my mind,it was probably sadder for Andy to have to deal with than the loss.He knew he might lose,he was prepared for the fact that it could happen,however much he didn't want it to.In sport,there's always that chance.But I don't think anyone could've expected the way he was treated.What a sad,sad end to his year.He deserved far more than that.

I watched the whole match,from beginning to end.But nothing was said,even as the treatment of Andy worsened.Nobody said how wrong it was.That he deserved more.I'm writing to you to ask that something be said,to acknowledge how wrong the situation was last night;how badly Andy ended up being treated.If he isn't going to be shown the respect and support that he has EARNED,then he at the very least deserves that.

Dani,from Ireland.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1193 on: November 12, 2012, 03:42 PM »

The match against Gasquet in Paris had the french booing Andy but the umpire finally shut them up.  This could have been done last night.  Federer , if he is the sportsman he is supposed to be, should have asked the fans not to behave so badly especially in his on court interview.  It only confirms what we here at the home have always thought of him.  He just gets worse which I feel is a lack of confidence.

Andy did look drained and did not seem to the the energy to run as usual as some of the shots should have gone and your serve is the first thing to go off when tired.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1194 on: November 12, 2012, 03:47 PM »

Well done Dani from Ireland.   
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1195 on: November 12, 2012, 03:52 PM »

Ok guys,I've just written a draft of my e-mail.Would it be at all possible to skim through it and maybe tell me if you guys have any suggestions or criticisms?I know it won't be anything I haven't said on here,and it's not like it's an exam assignment or anything,it doesn't have to be perfect,but I've never written something like this before,and I'm a little clueless as to how it's done-but I'd really like to make my voice heard in defence of Andy,and I'd like it to at least have a shot of being taken somewhat seriously! Smile

To whom it may concern

First of all,as an avid tennis fan,I'd like to express my appreciation for the wonderful work you do-I watch a lot of tennis matches thanks to you,so thank you.But I'm writing to you to talk about the semi-final at the ATP World Tour Finals last night,between Roger Federer and Andy Murray.

Watching it,I felt,quite simply,that the way Andy Murray was treated was a disgrace.He did nothing,nothing at all,to provoke the treatment he received last night.And it seemed,right from the beginning,that he could do nothing right.When he played well,they gave polite applause.When he played badly,they acted like they were disgusted in him,but delighted for Federer.When Andy changed his racquet,they booed him.When Federer changed his,they applauded.When Andy made unforced errors,they were delighted.When he left,they booed and jeered him.It was terrible to see.

Where was the acknowledgement that Andy Murray deserves?Where was the respect,after the year that he's had?After all the years of hard work put in?
I won't go on about what he's achieved this year,because everyone already knows it.Gold and silver medals for Team GB at the Olympics.And most spectacularly,the US Open champion.He was so proud to represent GB in the Olympics and win medals for them,and to break that horrible Fred Perry record for Britain.He was hopeful that he'd be well-supported last night,and he said how grateful he'd been for the support at other matches.And then last night happened.What a terrible way to end the year for him.

If you didn't know the tournament was being held in London,where he was supposedly home favourite,you would never have known it from the way he was treated last night.In defence of the way the crowd acted last night,much has been made of the fact that London is populated by many people-not all of them from Britain-and that Federer is globally popular.That maybe the people in the crowd treating Andy that way were not British at all.(Although,thanks to people at the match,we know some of them definitely were.)But that is no excuse.It certainly won't have made it hurt any less.Sure,Federer's fanbase is huge,and deservedly so,because of all he has achieved.So yes,he's going to have great support.But last night wasn't just a pro-Federer crowd shouting support of their man-they were very deliberately,with a nasty spirit,against Andy.You can vocally support your man without tearing down the other guy.Last night was something different.

It has also been said that he wasn't representing Team GB officially,that the event just happened to be held in London.That he isn't entitled to the support of British people just because he is British.That's true.No player is automatically entitled to any support.But respect is something else-and especially at that level,at that event,where you have to be at the very top level of tennis just to qualify.He was entitled to respect that wasn't given.

Losing to Federer would've been a tough way to end the season anyway,given how badly Andy wanted to do well here this year-but on top of that the treatment he was shown last night?To my mind,it was probably sadder for Andy to have to deal with than the loss.He knew he might lose,he was prepared for the fact that it could happen,however much he didn't want it to.In sport,there's always that chance.But I don't think anyone could've expected the way he was treated.What a sad,sad end to his year.He deserved far more than that.

I watched the whole match,from beginning to end.But nothing was said,even as the treatment of Andy worsened.Nobody said how wrong it was.That he deserved more.I'm writing to you to ask that something be said,to acknowledge how wrong the situation was last night;how badly Andy ended up being treated.If he isn't going to be shown the respect and support that he has EARNED,then he at the very least deserves that.

Dani,from Ireland.
Great post Dani it would help Andy an awfull lot if the commies were more respectfull of Andy and what he's acheived as well.The whole lot of them there cretins,the lot of them.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1196 on: November 12, 2012, 03:52 PM »

The match against Gasquet in Paris had the french booing Andy but the umpire finally shut them up.  This could have been done last night.  Federer , if he is the sportsman he is supposed to be, should have asked the fans not to behave so badly especially in his on court interview.  It only confirms what we here at the home have always thought of him.  He just gets worse which I feel is a lack of confidence.

Andy did look drained and did not seem to the the energy to run as usual as some of the shots should have gone and your serve is the first thing to go off when tired.

I thought he looked OK to start with but he did give up the ghost very easily which could be mental fatigue.    He's usually up for a battle.   Did anyone else notice how he blew on his hands continually as he walked along the corridor.    It made him look very nervous.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1197 on: November 12, 2012, 03:56 PM »

The bl--dy draw for the WTF was fixed from the start in Feds favour.Same as nearly every tourny he plays in.Its a farce and a joke thats what it is.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1198 on: November 12, 2012, 03:57 PM »

The bl--dy draw for the WTF was fixed from the start in Feds favour.Same as nearly every tourny he plays in.Its a farce and a joke thats what it is.

Exactly, it would have been really difficult for him if he had exchanged places with Andy or Nole. But you can't blame anyone for that...
[ Last edit by ZARFEEN15 November 12, 2012, 04:02 PM ] IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1199 on: November 12, 2012, 03:59 PM »

Be intresting to see the draw for the AO when it comes out.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 ... 87 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »