Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF SF: Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 ... 87 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF SF: Murray vs Federer

(Read 15363 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1215 on: November 12, 2012, 05:14 PM »

Speaking of the article that mentioned Kevin Spacey, I wonder what he thought of Andy being booed?

Probably nothing good!What it must have felt like to be there as a true Andy fan,surrounded by those idiots and having their experience ruined...I don't even want to guess at how it must've felt for Judy,Kim,Ivan and co.
It was such heartless stupidity.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1216 on: November 12, 2012, 05:23 PM »

If Federer wins tonight i won't be touching tennis with a 2 foot pole for the next 6 or 7 weeks, no fan forums, no blogs no news articles nothing but here, as i feel this will most likely be the only place left free of any Fed fawning.

It will be nearly 2 months of sheer hell, they say he who laughs last laughs hardest, well if he wins tonight, then he will have laughed last, and all his millions of bewitched, adoring, mind controlled, glory hunting, sychophantic and sanctimonious legion of sheep will be laughing hardest.

Roll on Aus
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1217 on: November 12, 2012, 05:41 PM »

omg  guys  my comments are a hit. on the daily fail  Very Happy  IM FAMOUS  Y'ALL
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1218 on: November 12, 2012, 05:42 PM »

You can bet your ass if Henman was up against Federer instead of Andy yesterday, he would have received undivided attention from the Brit crowd. The Federer fans (as if some of them aren’t Brit fans. Right.) wouldn’t have dared to boo Andy or cheer on Andy’s double fault.  And don't give me your version of the truth because I watched Henman in his days as well and quite familiar with the kind of support he used to get.
Who said none of Federer's fans were Brits? Clearly many were. Each to their own, not every one is patriotic towards their sportsmen - as you prove yourself.

But there is no evidence whatsoever that it was British people booing Murray. Sure, maybe there were, but to lambast Britain/England and it's people based on the actions of a tiny minority who might not even be British is just ridiculous. Aim your tirade at the minority. The actions of a few do not represent the interests of the many.

I'm fed up of this generalisation shite.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1219 on: November 12, 2012, 05:49 PM »

Who said none of Federer's fans were Brits? Clearly many were. Each to their own, not every one is patriotic towards their sportsmen - as you prove yourself.

But there is no evidence whatsoever that it was British people booing Murray. Sure, maybe there were, but to lambast Britain/England and it's people based on the actions of a tiny minority who might not even be British is just ridiculous. Aim your tirade at the minority. The actions of a few do not represent the interests of the many.

Here here my feelings exactly.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1220 on: November 12, 2012, 05:57 PM »

Sorry but the general support from the crowd was hostile from the start. Our coverage was late so I had to be on the live stream and I had my earpieces on, and I noticed the differences right away to the point, that I had to watch the whole match on silent. I have never once done it in my life before and it had to happen in London in this event where the expectaitons were higher from the crowd.

And here it is no difference with the typical ones. You know full well that boogers comment on “Andy should hang his head in shame” was below the belt and yet, I didn’t see you opposing that all that much. In fact, you let go a lot of boogers snide remarks, which I actually don’t find all that surprising.

Every single time Andy loses, every single time the match threads take a new low and every single time it involved the likes of boogers, BigNose etc. A lot of us are very tired of that sort **** as well.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1221 on: November 12, 2012, 06:01 PM »

And as long as you understand that it only takes a few people to mess up the whole place and the match vs Federer did exactly that and here too. The crowd basically brought Andy down and he never looked the same after that. I am not saying Andy was going to win but it never helped his case and in fact, worsen the situation to the point that Andy was very quick to leave the court.

If Andy were here, just saying, I am sure he wouldn't have been around for long either.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1222 on: November 12, 2012, 06:04 PM »

EJ we all know that the general support from the crowd was hostile.But that was just general support and not the true Andy supporters.Lots of Brits dont feel like that about Andy at all.At least a lot of Brits that i know.Now can we please drop this subject once and for all.
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1223 on: November 12, 2012, 06:11 PM »

all his millions of bewitched, adoring, mind controlled, glory hunting, sychophantic and sanctimonious legion of sheep will be laughing hardest.

lol You succinctly summed it up...
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1224 on: November 12, 2012, 06:12 PM »

EJ we all know that the general support from the crowd was hostile.But that was just general support and not the true Andy supporters.Lots of Brits dont feel like that about Andy at all.At least a lot of Brits that i know.Now can we please drop this subject once and for all.

I can stop this no problem but you need to tell me why the support for Andy was so electric and undivided at the Olympics? Does this mean Federer didn't have any fans there? Why would they choose to ignore that event?

Again, I am not saying that all of Brits are hostile towards Andy but it is also true that this case is only seen in the UK the most as well, because most countries support their players through thick and thin.

As I've said before, I know a lot of English fans who put Federer before Andy and that actually is fine by me, but at the same time, I don’t see the reason to be hostile either, because some of them are quite so.
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1225 on: November 12, 2012, 06:14 PM »

I can stop this no problem but you need to tell me why the support for Andy was so electric and undivided at the Olympics? Does this mean Federer didn't have any fans there? Why would they choose to ignore that event?

Because the Olympics is a battle between nations. Someone in this very thread commented on how they were at a Murray match at the Olympics and spoke to people who normally support Federer but were supporting Andy because he was representing his nation.

At the WTF Andy was representing himself - not Britain, not Scotland.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1226 on: November 12, 2012, 06:21 PM »

As a Londoner and a Brit I'm feeling very responsible and ashamed for the lack of support for Andy last night.

Or maybe not. I think some people have no idea of what London and being a Londoner is like. I live in a small block of 12 flats, some owner occupied, some on short term rents, so there's quite a lot of change. At the moment we have Indians next door, Greeks below, with Chinese next to them - and so on, down to the ground floor where there are shops staffed by French, German, Polish, Bengali etc etc

When my kids, now in their early 20s went to the little primary school round the corner,  there were around 32 different languages spoken amongst the 210 pupils. some came from places like Kosovo and Somalia and had to learn english when they got here. More grew up here, speaking London English along with one or two other languages that their families spoke. Amongst the English only speakes tere were kids from Australia, NZ, USA, Canada and South Africa - some on extended visits here as their parents were working or studying. And some had parents from Scotland, Ireland, and Wales.

Of the sixteen students I'm teaching tomorrow, at least 10 have obviously mixed parentage. My son's English looking girlfriend has an American father and a Dutch mother. And so on

Any of these people could have been at the O2 yesterday, supporting whoever they liked. This is the kind of "home crowd" I saw there on Monday and Thursday, as well many others who probably don't live in the UK, but came for the tennis.  

I'd have thought they'd find that the idea that they wouldn't support Andy because he's Scottish or "not English enough" as one poster put it, would be completely baffling.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1227 on: November 12, 2012, 06:21 PM »

I have also emailed Sky.  I have told them that they give good coverage for tennis but that last night more should have been said about the disgraceful behavior and that perhaps they could have mentioned it in the on court interview.  This would have put Federer in a very difficult position I think.  I am very surprised that his PR people haven't suggested he make some sort of comment,  but maybe they are as arrogant as he is.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1228 on: November 12, 2012, 06:22 PM »

Again, I am not saying that all of Brits are hostile towards Andy but it is also true that this case is only seen in the UK the most as well, because most countries support their players through thick and thin.

As I've said before, I know a lot of English fans who put Federer before Andy and that actually is fine by me, but at the same time, I don’t see the reason to be hostile either, because some of them are quite so.

This case is not only seen in the UK the most the French are well known for it.And some Scots were wearing RF teeshirts and were there supporting him and not Andy.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1229 on: November 12, 2012, 06:26 PM »

Because the Olympics is a battle between nations. Someone in this very thread commented on how they were at a Murray match at the Olympics and spoke to people who normally support Federer but were supporting Andy because he was representing his nation.

At the WTF Andy was representing himself - not Britain, not Scotland.

So you basically proved my point. When Andy plays Olympics, you will support him because he is playing for his country. On any other occasion, he's pretty much on his own and deserves booing if needed.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 ... 87 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »