Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF SF: Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF SF: Murray vs Federer

(Read 16065 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1260 on: November 12, 2012, 09:45 PM »

This is risible. It never happens in  professional sport. In any sport. Ever.
The next time Liverpool go to Old Trafford should we expect Alex Ferguson to plead with his fans not to boo Liverpool? Err No.  Its part and parcel of paying your money. Its audience participation. Its fun. It creates an atmosphere. Cheer on your team and boo your opponents. Jeez!

When will you understand that this is tennis not football - there is no comparison!
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1261 on: November 12, 2012, 09:45 PM »

I've turned the tennis off for a while. Boris is getting up my nose and even Petch is grating a bit just now. It will go back on when I'm in bed.

People who think what happened last night was just sport are delusional. Andy has to think like that to keep his approach to playing Federer again clear in his mind. I, on the other hand, do not. Andy was booed last night because he had the bare-faced audacity to deny Federer his gold medal. Fed's fans didn't like way Andy pasted him on Centre Court, or in Shanghai, so they had to do something.

It was nothing to do with Andy being a Scot, or the entire audience having a burning desire to kiss Federer's backside. It was because Federer was playing someone capable of beating him, who had the momentum in their H2H, and who is on the way up whilst their 'man' will soon be on the way out. In other words, it was all because the opponent was Andy Murray.

Listen to the crowd tonight. Totally different. Last night was personal. Tonight is not, even if Novak and Smugscum are not best mates.

Not apples to apples tho ...Novak isnt from Scotland. He's creamed Fed a few times tho.

Looks like Novak may do same again tonight....I hope anyway. Hopefully a Scottish flag is there with Come on Novak written on it.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1262 on: November 12, 2012, 10:14 PM »

Yeah I'll remember and heckle and boo Bradley Wiggins in his next cycling race...I dont support him....It'll be fun

Yeah but you wouldn't boo Bradley Wiggins. You'd want him to win. But the next time there is a road race pick a good spot and boo all the cyclists (except Bradley) as they pass you. Everyone will think you are a bit of an idiot but it will be fun!

Booing ,and indeed, heckling is also acceptable at a swimming gala and gymnastics meets. Or at a ladies bowling tournament.
[ Last edit by BigNose November 12, 2012, 10:19 PM ] IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1263 on: November 12, 2012, 10:19 PM »

Yeah but you wouldn't boo Bradley Wiggins. You'd want him to win. But the next time there is a road race pick a good spot and boo all the cyclists (except Bradley) as they pass you. Everyone will think you are a bit of an idiot but it will be fun!

Booing ,and indeed, heckling is also acceptable at a swimming gala and gymnastics meets.

yeah it'll be fun if the rest of the field is english also...guaranteed banker then..for both me and my aussie wife
[ Last edit by ABF November 12, 2012, 10:25 PM ] IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1264 on: November 12, 2012, 10:31 PM »

Nole has beaten Fed in straight sets, 7-6, 7-5 ..... wonder if there was any booing.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1265 on: November 12, 2012, 11:13 PM »

Nole has beaten Fed in straight sets, 7-6, 7-5 ..... wonder if there was any booing.

No booing.   Fed fans got quieter as the match progressed.   Good tennis though.    Almost but not quite boo-hooing from Fed at the presentation.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1266 on: November 12, 2012, 11:42 PM »

We had the jubilee, olympics and paralympics and all the team GB talk. Let's get behind the Brits and be proud to be British.  We FINALLY get our 1st male champion in over 7 decades. He returns and plays his 1st home tournament. Was it really wrong to think that Andy would have the backing of the crowd?

I have to say I found it really sad to see so many Swiss flags in a London venue. I wasn't surprised when a Scottish journalist tweeted that he felt he was in Basel.

I can honestly say I've never booed any player and I've seen Federer and Berdych live.
IP Logged
caroline
Seed

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1267 on: November 12, 2012, 11:52 PM »

We had the jubilee, olympics and paralympics and all the team GB talk. Let's get behind the Brits and be proud to be British.  We FINALLY get our 1st male champion in over 7 decades. He returns and plays his 1st home tournament. Was it really wrong to think that Andy would have the backing of the crowd?

I have to say I found it really sad to see so many Swiss flags in a London venue. I wasn't surprised when a Scottish journalist tweeted that he felt he was in Basel.

I can honestly say I've never booed any player and I've seen Federer and Berdych live.
2012 was a great year when i look back on it.Andy won the Olympic gold in singles and Silver in doubles,And became the USOPEN CHAMP.I can honestly say i could not have asked for anything more.And Andy done us so proud this year.Next year we and Andy have so much to look forward to.He knows and we know that if somebody had said at the begining of the year you will win a GOLD and SILVER medal this year at the Olympics and the USOPEN,but nothing else he'd have taken it and so would we.And he deserves every bit of the sucsses he's had this year.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1268 on: November 13, 2012, 12:13 AM »

We had the jubilee, olympics and paralympics and all the team GB talk. Let's get behind the Brits and be proud to be British.  We FINALLY get our 1st male champion in over 7 decades. He returns and plays his 1st home tournament. Was it really wrong to think that Andy would have the backing of the crowd?

London must be his 2nd home base having so many fans here in the UK.

And he will probably make Wimbledon as his last tournament for that reason.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1269 on: November 13, 2012, 05:00 AM »

No booing.   Fed fans got quieter as the match progressed. 

Serves them right...Thank you Nole.
I don't think I can stop thanking you...
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1270 on: November 13, 2012, 02:45 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2231786/Andy-Murray-home-support-Roger-Federer.html
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1271 on: November 13, 2012, 02:46 PM »

No booing.   Fed fans got quieter as the match progressed.   Good tennis though.    Almost but not quite boo-hooing from Fed at the presentation.

they boo'd nole kicking the ball away
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1272 on: November 13, 2012, 03:05 PM »

From that DailyMail link;

"...In a global survey of 50,000 people last year, Roger Federer emerged as the world’s second most trusted and admired human being behind Nelson Mandela..."

LOL. Could Fed be the next James Bond?  The names Fed....

Must say Im baffled as to why everyone seem to think Joker is such a great guy. Ever see him sarcastically smiling and laughing when he's match point down. Or who can forget him taking a break at 5-2 down in the USO final then applauding the crowd when they started (deservedly) booing him.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1273 on: November 13, 2012, 03:08 PM »

From that DailyMail link;

"...In a global survey of 50,000 people last year, Roger Federer emerged as the world’s second most trusted and admired human being behind Nelson Mandela..."
I have to say,my jaw just dropped when I read that,it really did.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1274 on: November 13, 2012, 03:29 PM »

they boo'd nole kicking the ball away

They did.    I'd forgotten that.    And when Nole challenged a line call and he was right!!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »