Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF SF: Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF SF: Murray vs Federer

(Read 16199 times)
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1275 on: November 13, 2012, 03:40 PM »

Must say Im baffled as to why everyone seem to think Joker is such a great guy. Ever see him sarcastically smiling and laughing when he's match point down. Or who can forget him taking a break at 5-2 down in the USO final then applauding the crowd when they started (deservedly) booing him.

Indeed. Novak engages in mind games with the best of them. Nothing really wrong with that - it's a perfectly viable tactic, and one Murray could possibly invest in.
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1276 on: November 13, 2012, 03:45 PM »

Last night, there were lots of non-Brits in the crowd. Saw and heard them in the restaurant before, and sitting around us. Lots of Swiss fans all about.

I think in a predominantly British crowd like at the Olympics, AM gets great support. I would bet that among those booing Andy during the SF were not many Brits.

Whatever, I hope never to see a repeat of the British no.1 being booed at his home tournament.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1277 on: November 13, 2012, 04:03 PM »

From that DailyMail link;

"...In a global survey of 50,000 people last year, Roger Federer emerged as the world’s second most trusted and admired human being behind Nelson Mandela..."

LOL. Could Fed be the next James Bond?  The names Fed....

Must say Im baffled as to why everyone seem to think Joker is such a great guy. Ever see him sarcastically smiling and laughing when he's match point down. Or who can forget him taking a break at 5-2 down in the USO final then applauding the crowd when they started (deservedly) booing him.

Yeah he might do some things that are annoying and make him look like an idiot, but so does Andy, so I find it hard to give one grief for his poor actions on court when the guy I support the most has some poort actions himself. He's a great showman and very respectful of his opponents, every time he's down he seems to pull off amazing comebacks and fires not only himself up but also the crowd, I can't hate him for that. Besides he and Andy are friends and he's always speaking good of Andy so I don't see the problem with Nole.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1278 on: November 13, 2012, 05:53 PM »

Anybody have an inkling why Federer has just won the ATP sportsmanship award for the eighth time?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1279 on: November 13, 2012, 05:56 PM »

Yeah he might do some things that are annoying and make him look like an idiot, but so does Andy, so I find it hard to give one grief for his poor actions on court when the guy I support the most has some poort actions himself. He's a great showman and very respectful of his opponents, every time he's down he seems to pull off amazing comebacks and fires not only himself up but also the crowd, I can't hate him for that. Besides he and Andy are friends and he's always speaking good of Andy so I don't see the problem with Nole.

If Andy sees Nole as a mate, that's good enough for me. Often applauds opponents' good shots, admits to double hits, seems like a good guy off-court etc. I don't really have a problem with Novak, although I might have thought differently if that medical time-out when Murray served for the US Open had changed matters.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1280 on: November 13, 2012, 05:58 PM »

Anybody have an inkling why Federer has just won the ATP sportsmanship award for the eighth time?

who knows.  Maybe the glory hunters will know   Think
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1281 on: November 13, 2012, 06:04 PM »

I agree..... Novak is a different persona to Andy...he is someone who enjoys centre of attention. He's done & said a few things that he'd probably do differently going forward....just like Andy. He is a great tennis player just like Andy. I find him to be gracious in defeat as well as victory ...again..just like Andy. The likes of Fed and Berdych are the polar opposite which is why I'll never rate them or follow them as people.

I can accept Djoko being No.1 and any adoration he gets...obviously Id want Murray to recieve that even more so....Fed not at all.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1282 on: November 13, 2012, 06:12 PM »

who knows.  Maybe the glory hunters will know   Think

According to this (which also talks about Federer trying to outpsyche Novak by taking his chair), Nike bought them:

http://www.606v2.com/t37162p50-more-gamesmanship-from-federer-the-diva-wants-his-chair
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1283 on: November 13, 2012, 06:16 PM »

oh  gr8 article.    people should write more articles about   Fed  and his  supposed perfect   persona
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1284 on: November 13, 2012, 06:17 PM »

According to this (which also talks about Federer trying to outpsyche Novak by taking his chair), Nike bought them:

http://www.606v2.com/t37162p50-more-gamesmanship-from-federer-the-diva-wants-his-chair

i never noticed that ....what a prize d*ck Fed is! Thankfuly justice was done
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1285 on: November 14, 2012, 01:19 PM »

I've just been reading this blog article on the tactics used in the Federer/Andy match - I found it a very interesting read.

http://www.changeovertennis.com/how-the-match-was-won-roger-federer-def-andy-murray-at-the-wtfs-7-6-5-6-2/
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1286 on: November 14, 2012, 01:25 PM »

Yeah but you wouldn't boo Bradley Wiggins. You'd want him to win. But the next time there is a road race pick a good spot and boo all the cyclists (except Bradley) as they pass you. Everyone will think you are a bit of an idiot but it will be fun!

Booing ,and indeed, heckling is also acceptable at a swimming gala and gymnastics meets. Or at a ladies bowling tournament.

One of these days you will grow some brain and understand that just because some obnoxious people do it, doesn't make this act of vile right.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1287 on: November 14, 2012, 01:39 PM »

From that DailyMail link;

"...In a global survey of 50,000 people last year, Roger Federer emerged as the world’s second most trusted and admired human being behind Nelson Mandela..."

LOL. Could Fed be the next James Bond?  The names Fed....

Having a bit of hard time taking the loss to Nole I see.  Booing is alright. Nole's not a nice guy etc. It's so apparent, you know?

But anyway, Nole is man enough and have enough balls to handle a big loss and he's also very good at complimenting his opponent. No short or back handed compliments there unlike you know who. Yes, he may be involved in a bit of gamesmanship during a match, which he probably finds it a fair game but Federer is now being accused of such thing as well for sitting on Nole's bench during changeover.

Federer is lucky that the time he pretty much ruled the tennis world was competition free, but if things were like this competitive back then (2003-2007), then you can't say for sure that he wouldn't be involved in some sort of gamesmanship during a match himself either. He already plays a lot of off court mind games even after achieving all that he’s achieved. Don’t think for a moment that Federer is a saint because he’s not. In fact, he’s a shrewd business man who wants it all – name, fame, fortune everything. 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1288 on: November 14, 2012, 02:54 PM »

I have some thoughts, but some are probably unkind. As for other thoughts, I'd probably get sued for libel if I voiced them.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: WTF SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1289 on: November 14, 2012, 03:21 PM »

I wouldn't put Novak's behaviour in anywhere near the sort of category Federer stoops to.

Don't misunderstand, I was livid when Novak took his medical time out before Andy came out to serve for the USO title, and I ranted at the TV with the best of them. I felt strongly that he should have had his time out on his own serve, not Andy's, and I did, and do think, what he did was a bit low. That said, I can sort of give him the benefit of the doubt. I honestly think he knew he'd lost by then, probably knew he wasn't going to break Andy, but was trying to simply stay standing for that last game. I also felt that the crowd, or sections of them, made their views known, so it felt over and done with immediately. Novak's reaction to the crowd was a bit cocky, but to be truthful, he is. I like Novak, but he is cocky. I think Novak realises too, that he isn't universally popular at Flushing Meadows. To my mind, that moment when he 'applauded' the crowd for having a go at him, was between him and them, nothing really to do with Andy as such.

Where I think Andy and Novak are similar is their reaction to other players. I've seen both applaude good shots. I've seen both give credit to opponents, whatever side of the win/lose equation they have ended up on. I've seen both offer warm handshakes and warm words to opponents.

In Novak and Andy's dealings with each other I think there is genuine respect, even warmth. When have we ever heard Novak putting Andy down, or vice/versa? When has Novak ever remarked on Andy's game, except to say how talented he is? Andy and Novak are both fierce competitors, but I think they are also very respectful of each other.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »