Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site.

(Read 3162 times)
crookshanks
Challenger Level

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 06:43 PM »

hug Me too!

Good! hug
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 06:48 PM »

Julia, you wanting Boggo to beat Tim!  shocking  shocking
I'd have never believed it! Wink It sounds like I'm nearly the only person supporting Timmy here!

Boggo's playing Tim, and all due respect to Tim but i've never really liked him as a player.  Think  I don't want to start another huge argument here about why Tim is good or not so. Maybe it's because i find clay and hard surfaces more "interesting" than grass and considering Tim works his magic on grass maybe i haven't learnt to fully appreciate that. Plus, his carrear blossomed when i was still mucking around with crayons in nursery so i wouldn't have had a clue about tennis then. Wink I sort of like to follow someone's carrear from the start (e.g. Murray, Nadal)

Just think it would be a nice change for Boggo to actually do some "damage" out there at a big tourny. He needs his break at some point. And as i have said many times, i am not Anti-Boggo but there are issues to do with that. Smile
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 07:29 PM »

Would be a good run for Boggo if he could get to the QF's.
IP Logged
crookshanks
Challenger Level

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 08:35 PM »

Boggo's playing Tim, and all due respect to Tim but i've never really liked him as a player.  Think  I don't want to start another huge argument here about why Tim is good or not so. Maybe it's because i find clay and hard surfaces more "interesting" than grass and considering Tim works his magic on grass maybe i haven't learnt to fully appreciate that. Plus, his carrear blossomed when i was still mucking around with crayons in nursery so i wouldn't have had a clue about tennis then. Wink I sort of like to follow someone's carrear from the start (e.g. Murray, Nadal)

Just think it would be a nice change for Boggo to actually do some "damage" out there at a big tourny. He needs his break at some point. And as i have said many times, i am not Anti-Boggo but there are issues to do with that. Smile
Fair enough, you don't have to like him!
I'll always support Tim, as he's the one who got me into tennis, and he's always been my favourite player (now together with Andy of course!)  yay
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 08:55 PM »

I'll always support Tim, as he's the one who got me into tennis, and he's always been my favourite player (now together with Andy of course!)  yay

Absolutely!!  hug  And what a carear Tim's having. (i won't say "had" otherwise Arka will slaughter me Whistle)
IP Logged
arka
Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 10:05 PM »

I Hate the way Timmy is toying with us about playing DC, its just attention seeking imo, either you won't to play DC or you don't stop messing with our Heads

No he's not toying with DC. He said that he won't play DC again and he can't be blamed for Greg and Lloyd wanting him to play. shocking
IP Logged
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #21 on: September 27, 2006, 10:07 PM »

No he's not toying with DC. He said that he won't play DC again and he can't be blamed for Greg and Lloyd wanting him to play. shocking
Listen to the BBC after match interview today, he never has sed that he won't play again, just that he doesn't feel like it at the moment
IP Logged
arka
Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006, 10:12 PM »

Hmmmm..... odd. confused

Can't listen to it because the BBC site hates me (pretty obvious since I hate them too), but taking your word for it. Smile
IP Logged
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #23 on: September 27, 2006, 10:31 PM »

He says, never say never, he wants the young guys to come through, hes not achieveing anything my playing DC and all that kind of stuff
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #24 on: September 27, 2006, 10:35 PM »

Don't want to have a rant at Tim but this is exactly why i don't like him.  Doesn't know what he wants - and what use is it to say "i might play in the future, i might not". Keeping some sort of attention of what's left of his carear for those that don't follow British tennis as most people here do?  Rolling Eyes Doesn't make sense to muck around like this.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #25 on: September 27, 2006, 10:40 PM »

It's not mucking around at all! HE wants the young guys to come through! I think that's fantastic! There;s nothing for him to achieve personally by playing davis cup! But if this year for example, they get to a play off for the world group against a reasonable team, then Tim might be the man for the job to help ensure that promotion! THe opposition they face, providing llyodd picks the right people, is beatable by boggo and the rest of the singles players! Tim isn't needed to play DC either for himself or the team right now.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #26 on: September 27, 2006, 10:40 PM »

^ For once, I agree with you. confused

Very Happy
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 10:41 PM »

I think it's right for Tim to move on. He should make his decision and stick with it. Let the younger players come through, because they are the people who will be representing the team for the next 5 years or so. Smile
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 10:48 PM »

Precisely, but if he's needed in a crunch match, i;m sure he'd be welcome back!

But then again, if boggo feels he can play and shows some wins, then maybe henman won't be needed! Maybe if boggo beats tim tomorrow then tim won't be needed anyway! But the thing is, the option is there and i think tim will answer the call if GB need him badly enough!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #29 on: September 27, 2006, 10:50 PM »

So he'll give up for a couple of years and then "might" just come back and be the man?  Rolling Eyes Good planning Tim.  clap

I appreciate that he wants the young-uns of British tennis to expand to international level (who doesn't) and DC is a perfect oppertunity but as Andrew says, it might just be time to move on for Tim personally.  Same with his carrear - is there much point in hanging around somewhere in the bottom half of the top 100? Take pride in your achievements and finish it off on a high - like Agassi. notworthy Otherwise his retierment might be as a result of being not good enough i.e. having to qualify for your average tournament and not getting anywhere.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »