Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site.

(Read 3281 times)
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #30 on: September 27, 2006, 10:52 PM »

we needed him for the austria match, where was he Then??
Oh yeah thats right, he was doing NOTHING!!! He isn't coming back, but he doesn't have the nads to say it and dissapoint everyone, its soo transparent. doh
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #31 on: September 27, 2006, 10:55 PM »

Same with his carrear - is there much point in hanging around somewhere in the bottom half of the top 100?
Who did he beat today?  Whistle

Besides, it;s not about his ranking, it;s about how he performs. If he wins a couple of tournaments, then that's impressive from a top 100 position. That shows he can still play. He enjoys his game, and not everyone HAS to go out on a high anyway.

Also, as for being "the man" in a future DC tie, i re-iterate, if he's the best singles (or 2nd best behind andy) and we have a tough match he will be "the man" for the job! Simple as that. It's fantastic planning!

Also
Otherwise his retierment might be as a result of being not good enough i.e. having to qualify for your average tournament and not getting anywhere.

key word again "might". If he's not happy, he'll retire, if he is, he'll keep playing. I imagine he;s ecstatic with having beaten andy and made progress! Let's hope it continues!
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #32 on: September 27, 2006, 10:58 PM »

we needed him for the austria match, where was he Then??
Oh yeah thats right, he was doing NOTHING!!! He isn't coming back, but he doesn't have the nads to say it and dissapoint everyone, its soo transparent. doh

When did we play austria? 2004 we played them? I can't remember! Will search!

Nope can;t find anything! I might just suck at looking, but tim played the last time we played austria I think. We lost 3-2.

Perhaps Israel you mean?
[ Last edit by nkp2 September 27, 2006, 11:04 PM ] IP Logged
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #33 on: September 27, 2006, 11:04 PM »

plus hasn't he been asked liked three times, its bang out of order for letting other players (Mackin, Baker, Boggo, Greg, Andy, Delgado) graft it out against people like Israel and Ukraine, do all the grotty stuff with no glory and then we it comes to the showbiz ties expect to walk back into the team like hes the best player in the world
IP Logged
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #34 on: September 27, 2006, 11:05 PM »

Nope Federer came out of DC retirement, was asked Tim, He said no,
We lost the tie 5-0 in the end, it was to get back into the elite group
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #35 on: September 27, 2006, 11:09 PM »

I'm sure they would all welcome him back. And it;s not showbiz, it;s about level. If the level is higher, especially when greg retires, tim is the best option we have.

In theory you could say the same thing about boggo saying "he's not ready". Even though he's the no 4 singles! But he won't play either!

And no glory! How chuffed were we all that they won last weekend hmm?! I know i was!

I believe Tim has faith in the other players' abilities and that he didn;t expect them to lose either! I felt they would beat Israel! They lost! I bet Tim thought the same! He feels not only that he needs a break from DC (bear in mind he's been injured as well) but that other people are capable (and so they should be) of winning these matches! It;s not his fault if they can;t perform! And for one, i;d rather see us welcome him back and start winning when we need him rather than our players under performing against lower ranked opposition!
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #36 on: September 27, 2006, 11:10 PM »

Nope Federer came out of DC retirement, was asked Tim, He said no,
We lost the tie 5-0 in the end, it was to get back into the elite group
You mean Switzerland then Wink

Also, Federer would have beaten anyone in the GB team. So Tim coming in woulnd;t have made a difference!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #37 on: September 27, 2006, 11:12 PM »

Also, Federer would have beaten anyone in the GB team. So Tim coming in woulnd;t have made a difference!

Thats what I thought as well. Federer is Swiss, isn't he? Smile
IP Logged
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #38 on: September 27, 2006, 11:12 PM »

LMAO close enough Whistle

But think about it, some guy has just gone to two holes, doesn't then get to travel to American or Australia or a great stadium after playing in that 'hole' in Ukraine.

To Be Fair We Mostly Agree that Boggo hs made mistakes, but in my opinion he has been screwed over by the lta, if i was boggo i wouldn't play under the lta in DC
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #39 on: September 27, 2006, 11:55 PM »

Well, if some guys wanna play in two holes and lose then that's up to them. So far greg and andy one, tim coming back is too replace greg. No one else is winning. That's what I should have said earlier.

If someone wins in these "holes" they can stay in the team by all means.
IP Logged
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #40 on: September 28, 2006, 12:00 AM »

The Point I'm trying to make is i think your being decieved by tims comments, i don't think he will play for Britain in DC Again
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #41 on: September 28, 2006, 12:20 AM »

Regardless of anything anyone says about Tim, and a lot of you have valid points, must admit I'm very much on a neutral if we're talking being a fan, not really bothered, he still was (and probably still is when on top form) one of the best vollyers the game has seen. Definately top 10, probably top 5 if not top 3. And no one will ever take that away from him. He has fantastic hands, amazing reflexes and such good intincts. And that, I believe, will always make him viable for a place in the tennis record books.

And all this rubbish about DC, it's not about attention, it's not about anything other than the fact that he's quit, he probably won't play again but he doesn't want to look like a ninny if he actually does. he's learned from years of dealing with the press just what making absolute statements can do and he's not stupid. i doubt if we'll ever see him don the Union Jack in that capacity again.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #42 on: October 22, 2006, 07:55 AM »

Good to see some official content in the site.

http://www.alexbogdanovic.com/

Nice to see that Alex will concentrate on training for outdoor hard. He is good enough to compete with players in the top 50 on indoors but can struggle on slower stuff.

I want him to aim for a place in the two west coast Masters. A ranking of something around 82 should ensure that, although it's likely that he'll be in there with a lower ranking too.

He doesn't have anything to defend in that period except for Wrexham. I reckon that he will get there if he can adjust to Tour tennis.
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #43 on: October 22, 2006, 10:29 AM »

got 1000 posts on his messageboard  yet?
IP Logged
arka
Re: Alex Bogdanovic's Official Site. « Reply #44 on: October 22, 2006, 10:54 AM »

Nope. roflmao roflmao
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »