Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Somdev Devvarman, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  Alex Bogdanovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Alex Bogdanovic

(Read 22805 times)
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Alex Bogdanovic « Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 11:13 PM »

alex had to have played well... i want to watch him play again soon... hopefully more regularly...
IP Logged
arka
Re: Alex Bogdanovic « Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 11:22 PM »

I want to see him play very badly. Frown

He has enough time in his hands. Stepanek's career lay in ruins as he finished 2001 ranked 542 in the world!! He was 23 at that time.

Just look at him now....
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

Re: Alex Bogdanovic « Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 11:24 PM »

how old is alex then?
IP Logged
arka
Re: Alex Bogdanovic « Reply #18 on: September 28, 2006, 11:28 PM »

IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

Re: Alex Bogdanovic « Reply #19 on: September 28, 2006, 11:30 PM »

then he's got PLENTY of time... just look at becker... unranked to 70-ish in a year at 24 years of age!!! and obviously boggers is coming along quite well... wang is no easy task.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Alex Bogdanovic « Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006, 11:30 PM »

Becker gave Ljubicic a run for his money aswell today. I was quite upset when he lost that first set tie-break lead. Frown
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

Re: Alex Bogdanovic « Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 11:31 PM »

becker is good... that has to shatter records... his rankings jump was INSANE
IP Logged
arka
Re: Alex Bogdanovic « Reply #22 on: October 01, 2006, 08:25 PM »

I believe that at this moment, Alex's aim is that of gaining a direct entry into the Australian Open. He'll need to be ranked within the top 110 to ensure that, because surely there will be a few withdrawals.

For that he'll need to gain around 95 more ranking points. It's not going to be easy at all, but let us see what he will do.

He doesn't defend much till the last week of the European season.... By defending I mean defending from that week during the last year and not his 18th best points.

0 points during Mons 125K+H.
He can win against Falla and that will get him 9 points. He will get 21 points if he wins another round.

0 points during ATP Vienna qualies.
If he qualifies and loses in round one, he will get 15 points for his effort. That's more than what he'll get for a quarters at a 75K. A win in the first round will get him 25 points.

12 points during Kolding 50K+H.
He will need to reach the quarters to succesfully defend that, but that will be tough as it is the week of the Madrid Masters and there are six top 100 players! A round one win will get him 6 points and a quarters appearence will get him 14 points.

0 points during Nottingham 25K+H (not confirmed).
The biggest opportunity during this period. Home support, a surface that he likes, no points to defend..... Semis seem achievable, that'll get him 22 points. And he can always do better than that.

0 points during Aachen 50K+H (not confirmed).

Expect a strong field, because it clashes with the Paris Masters. A round one win will get him 6 points and a quarters appearence will get him 14 points.

5 points during Bratislava 100K+H (not confirmed).
The Tour season will be over, but some players will realise that they have not achieved enough and will surely play here for some easy points. Hrbaty should be there. A round one win will get him 8 points while an appearence in the quarter finals will get him 19 points.

5 points during Helsinki 50K (not confirmed).
Entry list should not be that strong because there is a 125K+H in Dnepropetrovsk. He will get 12 points for a quarters appearence.

If things go that way, Alex would be having around 385 ranking points and a ranking of something around 115. Very Happy

And then there will be massive 50 points that he will be defending from last year's win in Sunderland. Frown

He will need to repeat that feat this year in Shrewsbury. He could also win the Challenger at Nottingham and reach the semis here or reach the finals in both places. But he needs to pick up around 70 points from the two British Challengers.

After the European season, he can travel to the USA for the last Challenger of the year, Maui 50K. He will be defending 5 points. A semis appearence here will get him 22 points.

All this will get him a total of 402 points. That will almost certainly get him a place in the Australian Open. The road is really tough, but nothing that I've mentioned above needs him to do something out of the world. He will just need to play the tennis he is capable of - the sort of tennis he played this year against people like Seppi, Mirnyi, Wang and Tim. If he does that, I have little doubt about the fact that he can achieve it.

IP Logged
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Re: Alex Bogdanovic « Reply #23 on: October 03, 2006, 05:25 PM »

Boggo beats Falla 6-2. 6-3, easy peasy,
Falla is a good player as Arka recently posted in a thread so this was an impressive victory
2nd round against Ramon Sluiter of Netherlands is seeded 5th so this is a tough task.
Also a good time for Boggo to beat this guy because if he does there is a good chance that Lloyd will see him beating the Dutch no 2 and put him in the Dc tie
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Alex Bogdanovic « Reply #24 on: October 03, 2006, 05:27 PM »

If Gregs not playing this week then surely Boggo will become the British No. 3?
IP Logged
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Re: Alex Bogdanovic « Reply #25 on: October 03, 2006, 06:18 PM »

looks likely yay
IP Logged
arka
Re: Alex Bogdanovic « Reply #26 on: October 04, 2006, 12:51 PM »

Boggo is our new number three.

IP Logged
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Re: Alex Bogdanovic « Reply #27 on: October 04, 2006, 01:28 PM »

Arghhhh live score has stopped working in Mons with the score 4-3 to boggo in the 3rd.
he is returning at the moment
IP Logged
arka
Re: Alex Bogdanovic « Reply #28 on: October 05, 2006, 01:21 PM »

I don't have the time to do detailed calculations, but I guess that Boggo's ranking will go up to around 135. It may even reach a career high....

I'll be able to calculate it properly if I can fix my cell phone, but it just doesn't work. ranting
IP Logged
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Re: Alex Bogdanovic « Reply #29 on: October 08, 2006, 04:46 PM »

Fantastic effort by boggo in Mons, but i guess Tipsarevic is a good player capable of some good tennis, as all murray fans will know after Queens.
So what next for Boggo, does anyone know what his plans are for the upcoming weeks
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »