Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  British Girls 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

British Girls

(Read 3323 times)
top_spin
Murraymaniac

British Girls « Reply #15 on: November 08, 2005, 07:48 PM »

Quote from: "Sir Panda"
Having a girl to focus on would relieve the pressure on Andy me thinks.

I think it all depends on how young, how good, how fast she crashes into the top 100! although.. if we're going to get someone as good as Andy (i.e. in the top 60 during the teen years..) there's definitly something to get excited about!!  yahooo
And time too! Time for Britian to really settle the issue of who is the mother of tennis!  :P Very Happy
Also would definitly take the pressure of Andy! ..of course not that there is any pressure.. Wink
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

British Girls « Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005, 10:05 AM »

the focus would stillbe on andy, coz lets face it, for some reason womens tennis isnt half as popular as the mens tennis. hed still get all the attention.
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

British Girls « Reply #17 on: November 09, 2005, 12:50 PM »

Quote from: "Amy"

the focus would stillbe on andy, coz lets face it, for some reason womens tennis isnt half as popular as the mens tennis. hed still get all the attention.

I don't think womens tennis is less popular, tv always choses womens matches to cover above men. And I only enjoy mens tennis, but when I ask other people, a lot of them say they ony like womens tennis. It's just an opinion, don't get me wrong...
Andy would still get a lot of the attention, but all... I wonder...  Think
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

British Girls « Reply #18 on: November 09, 2005, 01:35 PM »

i prefer mens tennis, somehow it has more, i dont know, "x" factor. although if there was a womens match on i would still watch it.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

British Girls « Reply #19 on: November 09, 2005, 03:46 PM »

Yeh....the mens game is faster and generally more powerful. In saying that, I still think that you can get better rallies in the woman's game. I think a female Brit would get just as much attention as Andy. But I think Andy's rise is more meteoric because it is considered harder to rise in the mens game.
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

British Girls « Reply #20 on: November 09, 2005, 05:34 PM »

You know what, it's strange but I have asked a lot of people how they feel about tennis and the ones who don't know anything about is, love the womens tennis and the ones who are 'experts' prefere mens tennis...
Very Happy I can do science me  Whistle
[ Last edit by dentie March 13, 2007, 08:33 PM ] IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

British Girls « Reply #21 on: November 09, 2005, 05:43 PM »

well.. i agree! i think men's tennis is more for the people like "us" ..sort of the people that take it comparingly seriously! unlike the people who just watch a couple of Wimbledon matches.. i just think they can't be bothered to watch a whole men's match because of the length of time.
And in the end.. i think sometimes it comes to your sex. i.e. if you're a boy.. you kind of "like" women's tennis and if you're a girl.. you feel the same about men's tennis. I suppose this applies for the people that just watch a couple of matches rarely..  Think and aren't interested in the game ITSELF.
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

British Girls « Reply #22 on: November 09, 2005, 07:28 PM »

You're totally right, that's how I feel too.
 yahooo
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

British Girls « Reply #23 on: November 09, 2005, 08:28 PM »

I have tried watching a few womens matches but I just get bored because the ball isn't hit as hard and there is too much screaming pullhair .  Plus it isn;t of as high a standard and there are lots more mistakes.  There just isn't as much pce to the game as the men's tour
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

British Girls « Reply #24 on: November 09, 2005, 08:33 PM »

I think so too!
A man who plays B-lever (Well, in Belgium we have A, B and C. When you're A, you have a long long way to the top, but you're a great player) Well a B-player can beat the world number one woman en don't say it's about power... it's about technique and condition.
I know a man who plays topwomen and beats them most of the times, it's unbelieveble! And when you look at Venus and Serena, they've got more power than 3 men!
 =D>
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

British Girls « Reply #25 on: November 09, 2005, 08:35 PM »

But they arne't very near the top of the game anymore though aren't they??
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

British Girls « Reply #26 on: November 28, 2005, 03:30 PM »

Quote from: "Josh"
But they arne't very near the top of the game anymore though aren't they??

theyre still very goiod players but i reckon their minds have wandered and their priorities have slipped. they seem to be more interested in public attention and frivolous things rather than teir tennis nowadays.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

British Girls « Reply #27 on: November 28, 2005, 05:37 PM »

i always think the best fun tennis to watch is seniors tour doubles like at the albert hall.i know its not serious but its great enertainment.i would say i went through a phase of liking womans tennis but that was when players like hingis were around and it wasnt the power game the williams sisters developed.if you want power then theyll never beat the men
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

British Girls « Reply #28 on: November 28, 2005, 05:41 PM »

Yep...they still have it and its usually a good laugh
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

British Girls « Reply #29 on: November 28, 2005, 05:43 PM »

i think ive said it before but i love the iranian guy.mansur bahrami or something.hes a tennis god
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »