Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  British Juniors. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Reply
Author

British Juniors.

(Read 7872 times)
arka
British Juniors. « on: October 18, 2006, 01:30 PM »

I thought of having a separate thread for the Juniors.
IP Logged
arka
Re: British Juniors. « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 01:38 PM »

Last week there was a G4 in Dubai.

Stephanie Cornish, who is still fourteen years of age, won her first ever G4 title. clap clap  She is definitely someone to watch out for in the future.

Faris Akhazzan did well to reach the quarters before losing to the second seed in three sets. Faris is someone I have really high hopes about.
IP Logged
arka
Re: British Juniors. « Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 02:17 PM »

Stephanie Cornish plays in Rungsted Kyst this week. She won her first round match comfortably.

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/tournaments/drawsheetbyround.asp?tournament=1100013700&event=1100079155

Along with Daniel Evans, Neil Pauffley, James Richardson and Matthew James play out here.

Neil was once heralded as a great prospect as he won the Road to Wimbledon when he was 14 years of age. Since then he hasn't done as well as some of his fellow young guns, but he has a massive first serve which can be a great weapon on indoors.

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/tournaments/drawsheetbyround.asp?tournament=1100013700&event=1100079154

IP Logged
jamatthews
Junior

Re: British Juniors. « Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 02:21 PM »

http://www.hrt-tennis.dk/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=228&bid=21&btitle=International&meid=173

Stephanie lost a tight 3 set match in the quarters.
IP Logged
Tommy
World No 1

woo hoo

Re: British Juniors. « Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 02:24 PM »

Last week there was a G4 in Dubai.

Stephanie Cornish, who is still fourteen years of age, won her first ever G4 title. clap clap  She is definitely someone to watch out for in the future.

Faris Akhazzan did well to reach the quarters before losing to the second seed in three sets. Faris is someone I have really high hopes about.

You have high hopes about everyone....that a good thing.
 I have high hopes from our juniors. It looks promising
IP Logged
jamatthews
Junior

Re: British Juniors. « Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 02:25 PM »

There are a few Brits in El Paso this week too. Including Anna F (it's strange she's playing a G5, especially since if she goes far she won't be able to play 25K qualifying).

Anna Fitzpatrick faces fellow Brit Jordane Dobbins in the round of 16. Natalie Beazant is listed as USA by ITF but I think she may be British because she played in the U12s Eddie Herr last year as a Brit.
IP Logged
arka
Re: British Juniors. « Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 02:39 PM »

Fitzpatrick is taking a few crazy decisions these days. Why play G5s when you are good enough to reach 10K finals? confused

Shame about Cornish. Frown

Neil Pauffley defeated the third seed and goes through to the quarters. cmon yeah
IP Logged
arka
Re: British Juniors. « Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 12:44 PM »

Fitzpatrick is through to the quarters.

Cornish plays her doubles semis today. Her ranking will go up.
IP Logged
arka
Re: British Juniors. « Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 04:53 PM »

Sadly Cornish and partner lost the semis to the second seeds.
IP Logged
arka
Re: British Juniors. « Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 07:38 PM »

Fitzpatrick lost in the semis. I have no idea about what she gained by playing this tournament.

I feel really curious about Beazant. She's playing this year's Eddie Herr as British. confused

Some players from Europe choose to respresent the US after training there, but how can you be British, then American and then British again? confused

She's just twelve years old but she won two rounds here. She must be good then.
[ Last edit by Arka October 21, 2006, 07:40 PM ] IP Logged
jamatthews
Junior

Re: British Juniors. « Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 10:02 PM »

She's never been considered American. ITF aren't to bright however, and when a player plays their 1st tournament, often they'll be listed as whatever country they are playing in.
IP Logged
arka
Re: British Juniors. « Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 06:58 AM »

That's good then. I'd be disappointed if any of our IMG students chose to represent the US.

The ITF site makes loads of errors.

There's not much chance that you'll be one of the best '91 born players when your weight is 153 kg.
http://www.itftennis.com/Mens/players/player.asp?player=100066439
[ Last edit by Arka October 22, 2006, 09:54 AM ] IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: British Juniors. « Reply #12 on: October 22, 2006, 10:33 AM »

is he a brit guy? i'm not sure what 153 kg is in pounds, but he sounds heavy....
IP Logged
arka
Re: British Juniors. « Reply #13 on: October 22, 2006, 10:55 AM »

1 kilogram = 2.20462262 pounds.

Chase is American. He is the future of your country's tennis (or so I think).
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: British Juniors. « Reply #14 on: October 22, 2006, 11:30 AM »

but thats fat then....... reeeeeeally fat..... so you saying we're all gonna be fat???
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »