Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, Estimated time - 8:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  British men's rankings 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 Go Down Reply
Author

British men's rankings

(Read 21496 times)
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: British men's rankings « Reply #195 on: October 01, 2007, 11:40 PM »

Does nobody care that our second best player will be BOGGO next monday? lol
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: British men's rankings « Reply #196 on: October 01, 2007, 11:43 PM »

Obviously not ...

Its should be Richard though wub
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: British men's rankings « Reply #197 on: October 02, 2007, 10:56 AM »

It's a depressing state for British tennis really. Ranked at which place?
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: British men's rankings « Reply #198 on: October 02, 2007, 04:56 PM »

Depends on others around him, I've not done the maths. I just know that Tim loses 175 points from Tokyo last year, so he drops below Boggo. Frown  Roughly 130th though....
[ Last edit by nkp2 October 02, 2007, 04:56 PM ] IP Logged
Iain
Futures Level

Re: British men's rankings « Reply #199 on: October 02, 2007, 05:46 PM »

Come on Jamie Baker. What's happening boy! Not much to go yet.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: British men's rankings « Reply #200 on: October 02, 2007, 09:05 PM »

He was really good on Sunday too. I think he'll be decent although a slow starter. Good serve.
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: British men's rankings « Reply #201 on: October 29, 2007, 04:58 PM »

What is happening with the rest of the British men, they're going backwards, that's what, Boggo was very nearly at the 100 mark and now he's closer to 200  confused
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: British men's rankings « Reply #202 on: November 02, 2007, 05:11 PM »

Greg Rusedski up 9 places to 935... lmao

Not many updates in here recently... not much to say I guess. Disappointing apart from Andy... Neutral
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: British men's rankings « Reply #203 on: November 05, 2007, 04:56 PM »

We used to at least be able to say Boggos got to the semis or Bakers got to QFs but there just seems to be no other decent tennis players in Britain, even Aucks has been going backwards in the rankings, I thought there might be a bit of rivalry between him and Jamie, I don't understand why John Lloyd doesn't try and team them up for DC so Andy doesn't have to play 3 matches, Jamie Baker had a big move up in the doubles this week, he could maybe give it a go to.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: British men's rankings « Reply #204 on: November 05, 2007, 06:35 PM »

even Aucks has been going backwards in the rankings, I thought there might be a bit of rivalry between him and Jamie, I don't understand why John Lloyd doesn't try and team them up for DC so Andy doesn't have to play 3 matches.
Jamie and James both prefer to play the left hand side of the court and I don't think any of them would change.
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: British men's rankings « Reply #205 on: November 06, 2007, 10:10 AM »

I wondered why they didn't play together, thanks.

I've been thinking about them both wanting to play on the left hand side of the court, don't they have to play on both sides of the court, they don't always serve from the left they have to serve from the right too, I'm confused now  confused
[ Last edit by KitKat November 06, 2007, 10:13 AM ] IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: British men's rankings « Reply #206 on: November 06, 2007, 11:34 AM »

It's about doubles tactics. Both Auks and Jamie play the ad court which becomes important when recieving.
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Re: British men's rankings « Reply #207 on: November 06, 2007, 08:48 PM »

Aucks is ready to change sides now though Smile
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: British men's rankings « Reply #208 on: November 07, 2007, 12:42 PM »

Looks like it! Although on that note Hutchins might actually be a better call...
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: British men's rankings « Reply #209 on: November 07, 2007, 01:41 PM »

This hasn't been done for a while! but since it's the official end of the season for international series stuff I thought I might do an end of year ranking thing. I'll do how many places they've climbed since January and the highest they were this year.

Singles

Top 5

Andy Murray ends the year at 11 This is +6 from last year. As we know Andy spent a couple of weeks as high as p8 in June this year.

Alex Bogdanovic this week is at 161. That's -38 on 1st January. Alex climbed as high as 108 also in june this year with some good grass performances.

Jamie Baker is our no 3 at 231. He does this having climbed +84 places. Jamie was placed as high as 224 this year.

Our current no 4 is Tim Henman, but he's retired!

Richard Bloomfield is sitting at 299. This is -85 places from January. Richard achieved 176 early this year.

Others

The main players, I have to say have been pretty disappointing this year. Guys like Goodall has dropped from close to 200 to 300. Lee Childs and Jonathan Marray are similarly disappointing dropping almost 300 places between them. However this year has seen a couple of promising juniors get their first points on the board and begin their slow climb.

Daniel Cox is the first of these. He's on 929. This is an increase of +265 for the year. Although last week he was as high as 922

Dan Evans is at 1175. He's climbed a whopping 367 places this year. He too was slightly higher last week at 1170.

David Rice is currently on 1215. He entered the rankings at 1512 in May so he's +297 since then. Last week was higher at 1207.

Graham Dyce also took his first points in May. He's made it to 1368. This is +144. 1364 is Dyce's career high.

Doubles

Top 5

Jamie Murray, obviously our GB no 1 finishes the season at 33. This is an increase of +44 on last year but down on his career high 28 from September. Jamie obviously our Grand Slam champion of 2007.

James Auckland sits in our no 2 spot at 80. James is only up +3 on last year despite climbing as high as 57 in April.

Ross Hutchins sits solidly as our no 3 at 89. This has been a great season for Ross partnering Jamie, James and Jamie's ex partner Eric Butorac to climb +64 places. He did make it to 84 earlier this month.

Josh Goodall at 143 is our number 4. Josh has moved +13 this year and his highest ranking since January is 133.

Finally Jamie Delgado holds up the pack on 145. He's dropped -38 spots despite breaking into the top 100 in June reaching 97.

And that's it! Not a great year if all be told. Andy failing to end the year in the top 10 due to an annoying 3 1/2 months missed, Jamie splitting from a successful partnership and underachieving since and Tim Henman and Greg Rusedski retiring with only Andy left to hang out in the top 100. Let's hope some of these promising juniors can step it up a notch next year and Andy can secure his place in that top 5.    
[ Last edit by ljsmall November 07, 2007, 01:42 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »