MurraysWorld  >  British Tennis  >  Brits in Australian Open Qualifying 2010
Pages: 1 2 [3] Reply

Brits in Australian Open Qualifying 2010

Lost the 2nd set in a tie-breaker. Smile Well fought but it seems like her shoulder hindered her. http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/jan/15/laura-robson-michaella-krajicek-australian-open

Cavaday only got a game against Wickmayer!

Evans lost 6-1, 6-2 to Ventura but very concerning behaviour though. no
Quote from: tweets from 5live tennis
Dan Evans meltdown on court 8. Doublefaulted at 2-2 0-15 second set, chucked racket, and didn't win another point for two games...

...then when broken again for 4-2 he smacked a ball at an unused TV camera on gantry. Missed. Broken for 3rd time to lose 6-1 6-2.

An unimpressed Paul Annacone watched Evans courtside. Has Evans blown his Davis Cup place? Decent effort from Robson v Kraijeck but lost 4&6
IP Logged

Oh dear, but a deceivingly tough opponent I think...
I hope this shoulder injury isn't a big deal, I think she may be getting a bit of a tendancy to keep going when she's injured, even though losing is inevitable, like she did at Wimbledon with that back thing, but then a bit of determination is a good thing...
IP Logged

So .... we've no other Brits in the draw then??
IP Logged

All of the Brits are now out of the qualifying.
IP Logged

Well.
Crying or Very sad
IP Logged

Booooo! How many rounds did Robson win? 2 wasn't it? Surely her ranking will get a boost?
IP Logged

She won 1 round, and I'm sure she'll be at a career high ranking.
IP Logged

I think that Laura has been over exerting at the Hopman cup especially with her fantastic singles win in the final.  She is still growing and needs a bit of time to strengthen physically.
IP Logged

Good point Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Reply