Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  Daniel Evans 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 81 Go Down Reply
Author

Daniel Evans

(Read 29567 times)
Philip
Seed

Re: Daniel Evans « Reply #105 on: March 14, 2009, 05:11 PM »

Let's hope he develops into a top 100 player in the next 2 years and supports Andy in the DC.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Daniel Evans « Reply #106 on: March 29, 2009, 01:47 PM »

Gotta congratulate Dan on winning his first Challenger.  yay cmon yeah goodjob  This will take Dan ranking up to about 330 and will be GB number 5 when the next rankings come out.  w00t

R1 - bt Colin Fleming (WR 571) 6-4 7-5
R2 bt Simon Stadler (WR 151) 6-1 6-4
QF - bt Stephane Robert (WR 263) 6-3 7-6(4)
SF - bt Alex Bogdanovic (WR 192) 1-6 7-6(4) 6-4
F - bt Jan Minar (WR 377) 6-3 6-2

Andy rates Dan as well. He was asked, "Of the young British players that you've seen, where would you rate him amongst our talented juniors/almost seniors?
He's the best one. I think everybody knows that.  He's obviously starting to win matches.  Challengers is obviously a step up. I guess he beat Boggo today, which is obviously a good win for him.  If he can win a challenger, I mean, you're a good player.  It's not like the depth in tennis has got worse; it's got better and better.  He's obviously had some good wins this week.  I saw him beat Simon Stadler who's been around a while and been a tough player.  Dan's got a chance to be a good player.  He's just got to make sure his mind is in the right place and that he works hard and focuses.  He might get there. But it's a tough thing to do now.[/r]
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Re: Daniel Evans « Reply #107 on: March 29, 2009, 04:23 PM »

First player in 5 years apart from Andy or Boggo to win a Challenger goodjob

Surely he has to play in the singles against Poland, whether or not Andy is in the team.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Daniel Evans « Reply #108 on: March 30, 2009, 02:13 PM »

Good to see the win being reported in the national press. Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1165727/Good-Evans-Britain-tennis-winner.html

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2498701.0.murrays_man_to_make_big_break.php

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article6000689.ece
IP Logged
ttrules
Futures Level

Re: Daniel Evans « Reply #109 on: April 08, 2009, 11:58 AM »

won his first game in turkey 7-6 ,7-5 and dan is the number 5 seed so lets hope he can win it.And there is another 10k futures in turkey which dan is playing in.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Daniel Evans « Reply #110 on: April 09, 2009, 08:11 PM »

Oh no!!!  Dan's managed to twist his ankle. Frown
IP Logged
ttrules
Futures Level

Re: Daniel Evans « Reply #111 on: April 14, 2009, 06:55 PM »

well he should have a rest and then play in some more challengers and ones abroad.He should aim to be in the top 200 by the end of the year.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Daniel Evans « Reply #112 on: April 17, 2009, 10:59 PM »

Dan plans on playing Ostrava qualies next weekend and he's apparently flying out on Tuesday. So is ankle is now fine. Smile
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Daniel Evans « Reply #113 on: April 24, 2009, 10:07 PM »

Dan's seeded 6th in Ostrava qualies. The top seed in his section is ranked 284.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/1/posting/2009/1797/qs.pdf
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Daniel Evans « Reply #114 on: April 27, 2009, 10:59 PM »

Dan lost his 2nd match 6-3 6-0. A bit of match practice on clay I guess.  Think

Meanwhile Dan has signed with Andy's old management group, Ace. (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article6176335.ece?token=null&offset=12&page=2)Patricio Apey may still be licking his wounds over the loss of Andy Murray as a client but Acegroup, the company for which he is the public face, has wasted little time in signing up the player who is regarded as the 'next best thing' among the British male players.

Dan Evans from Birmingham is 19 next month and has risen to No 5 in the domestic rankings on the back of a eye-catchingly professional response to the LTA punishment handed out at last year's Wimbledon when he attended a party in the village the night he had lost in the boys doubles competition. Evans' funding was stopped for four months, meaning he was reliant solely on money from his parents to continue travelling and playing. During that time, he won two grass-court ATP Futures events, and last month, triumphed in his first Challenger tournament - a significant step up in class - in Jersey.

Evans, the highest ranked 18-year-old on the ATP Tour has signed "a long term management contract" with Acegroup. "He is the best 18 year old in the world at the moment and we are delighted that he chose us as his management team," Apey said. "We will look to help him develop over the very important next 18-24 months,". The company also manages top French player Gilles Simon, 24, the world No.9.

Evans said: “The team at Acegroup have a proven track record with their work with Andy and their ideas were more imaginative and exciting than that of the other management groups." Music to Apey's ears.
IP Logged
Tommy
World No 1

woo hoo

Re: Daniel Evans « Reply #115 on: June 19, 2009, 01:33 AM »

Anyone know whats happened to any of these boys? Showing no ranking or activity on the juniors website
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Daniel Evans « Reply #116 on: June 19, 2009, 12:27 PM »

Davydenko in the first round for Dan, gulp.
IP Logged
Tommy
World No 1

woo hoo

Re: Daniel Evans « Reply #117 on: June 19, 2009, 01:59 PM »

I'm a total ass. I swear...I'm looking at the juniors site when he is ranked 300th in the world as a senior!

Please...don't mind me. I've been paying no attention to any of the Brits recently.
IP Logged
ttrules
Futures Level

Re: Daniel Evans « Reply #118 on: July 06, 2009, 10:24 AM »

career high 292!! should be in davis cup against poland.My team is andy ward hutchins and possibly experience for evo.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Daniel Evans « Reply #119 on: July 06, 2009, 10:54 AM »

I'd like to see Evo stay in the top 300 and go even further up but he's defending lots of points in the next month.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 81 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »