Home Login Register
MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  Daniel Evans
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 81 Reply

Daniel Evans

That shot was there for the taking. Puts the forehand wide.
IP Logged

Dustov's BH is rank. And Evans needs to stop beating himself up and play to it.
IP Logged

Another error from Dustov and Evans breaks again for *4-2.

Not sure I have enough faith in him to see this out just yet though. Serve has looked vulnerable ever since he went 5-4, 40-0 up in the first. Prove me wrong, please.
IP Logged

Looking handy now. What would making the final do for his ranking? He's 196 now, right?
IP Logged

Brilliant love game. 5-2. Come on now, one more game...
IP Logged

Looking handy now. What would making the final do for his ranking? He's 196 now, right?
8 points to come off, but would gain 60 if he could see this out. Would take him to mid 170s - and to British #2. Was #248 a week ago.
IP Logged

I see Murray won this tourney in 05!
IP Logged

8 points to come off, but would gain 60 if he could see this out. Would take him to mid 170s - and to British #2. Was #248 a week ago.

How many points for winning the tourney? Does it have hospitality (i.e one of the bigger ones)?
IP Logged

Evans does it! GSM 7-6(2), 6-3. Beautiful.
IP Logged

He's bloody talented. His shots and point construction are way above his ranking.
IP Logged

Well done Danny boy!
IP Logged

How many points for winning the tourney? Does it have hospitality (i.e one of the bigger ones)?
Hospitality works differently at challenger level - bumps the tournament up a level but not necessarily to the highest level (ie a 125 pointer).

As it is this one is a $100k w/o hospitality and is worth 100 points - so Dan gets 60 points for the win and the final is worth a further 40.
IP Logged

So he could gain 92? That would take him up to about 160. Nice.
IP Logged

Plays Bradley Klahn, ranked 147. Have you ever seen a more linear rankings history?

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Kl/B/Bradley-Klahn.aspx?t=rh
IP Logged

Yep. According to live-tennis.eu (not the most reliable, albeit) he should actually break the top 170 after this.

Although Dan does have 27 points coming off next week, and another 36 in September - all from Futures titles around this period of the year in 2012.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 81 Reply