Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  Delgado/Auckland vs Nestor/Knowles. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Delgado/Auckland vs Nestor/Knowles.

(Read 815 times)
arka
Delgado/Auckland vs Nestor/Knowles. « on: July 01, 2006, 09:01 PM »

They have played superbly till now and deserve a thread.  =D>

A really tough match and this is the biggest doubles match of their lives. They need to play out of their skin and see what happens. Smile
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Delgado/Auckland vs Nestor/Knowles. « Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 09:06 PM »

No play til Monday now, what are we to do tomorrow?
IP Logged
arka
Re: Delgado/Auckland vs Nestor/Knowles. « Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 09:14 PM »

No play til Monday now, what are we to do tomorrow?

You are right. Frown  Its really boring.

But this is really nice. The Brits are playing so well this year. I always believed that Andy would be in there in the second week, but we a have doubles team too. Very Happy

I must say that our wildcards have really risen to the occasion well and they have shown Draper a few things. wink
IP Logged
murray mad
ATP Level

flexible

Re: Delgado/Auckland vs Nestor/Knowles. « Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 10:25 PM »

You are right. Frown  Its really boring.

But this is really nice. The Brits are playing so well this year. I always believed that Andy would be in there in the second week, but we a have doubles team too. Very Happy

I must say that our wildcards have really risen to the occasion well and they have shown Draper a few things. wink
You can't forget the mixed doubles aswell remember Wink.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Delgado/Auckland vs Nestor/Knowles. « Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 10:34 PM »

You can't forget the mixed doubles aswell remember Wink.

I believe that the mixed doubles last year went into the next week too because of a rain delay. Hence I did not mention it. Smile
I am not sure of that, as I didn't follow tennis that much this time last year.

Hopefully Andy will be able to win a few more matches in the Mixed Doubles and try for the title. Very Happy
IP Logged
murray mad
ATP Level

flexible

Re: Delgado/Auckland vs Nestor/Knowles. « Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 10:48 PM »

I believe that the mixed doubles last year went into the next week too because of a rain delay. Hence I did not mention it. Smile
I am not sure of that, as I didn't follow tennis that much this time last year.

Hopefully Andy will be able to win a few more matches in the Mixed Doubles and try for the title. Very Happy
Yeah lets hope, but I think his main focus is to go further in the singles, it's sort of revenge for Murray today after his loss last year in the third round to Nalbandian which he should of won, it was just a shame he had to take his revenge on Roddick this year poor guy, oops went alittle off the topic but it's to be expected after Murrays win today =D>.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Delgado/Auckland vs Nestor/Knowles. « Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 11:14 PM »

Yeah lets hope, but I think his main focus is to go further in the singles, it's sort of revenge for Murray today after his loss last year in the third round to Nalbandian which he should of won, it was just a shame he had to take his revenge on Roddick this year poor guy, oops went alittle off the topic but it's to be expected after Murrays win today =D>.

True, he should have won last year being two sets up, and he seems to be good friends with Roddick.  Though there is some justice that Nalbandian went out in the third round this year.  Would have been even better if it was Andy who knocked out Nalbandian though.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Delgado/Auckland vs Nestor/Knowles. « Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 11:37 AM »

They are first up on Court 4. Play starts at 12:00.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Delgado/Auckland vs Nestor/Knowles. « Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 01:10 PM »

Nestor/Knowles got the first set in the tiebreakers. Frown
IP Logged
arka
Re: Delgado/Auckland vs Nestor/Knowles. « Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 02:22 PM »

They lost in straight sets. Frown

But they have done really well to reach this far. clap clap

Auckland will crack the top 100 I believe. Very Happy

And Delgado, who is ranked 367, will most probably crack the top 200. Surprised
I am not sure of this as I have not done proper calculations till now.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »