Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  Do you think that Tim will announce his retirement this year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Will Henman retire this year?
Yes - 13 (68.4%)
No - 6 (31.6%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Do you think that Tim will announce his retirement this year?

(Read 1831 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

I've been looking at Tim's website, and his schedule for this year doesn't go beyond Wimbledon.  It's been like that since the beginning of this year.  Do you think that he's got a big announcement planned, that after Wimbledon, he's going to call it a day?

I'd add a poll but can't see the option for doing that search
IP Logged
netcord
Top Seed

Miles who?

Re: Do you think that Tim will announce his retirement this year? « Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 07:04 AM »

Yep, reckon Wimbers will be the last hurrah...same for Greg, if he gets a WC!  shocking
IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

What was I drinking last night?

Re: Do you think that Tim will announce his retirement this year? « Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 08:12 AM »

In spite of what the press opinion of Henman is he has had a great career clap

Time and tide wait for no (Hen)man and the end of the year would be a great time to call it a day with hopefully a few good tournaments along the way.

Nothing worst than memoirs of a former great being tainted by not knowing when to call it a day.

[ Last edit by AL1874 March 11, 2007, 08:13 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Do you think that Tim will announce his retirement this year? « Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 09:53 AM »

A sad day it will be, should he do so, but I agree with you Al, he has had a great career - you don't get that rich being unsuccessful!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Do you think that Tim will announce his retirement this year? « Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 10:29 AM »

Top right > 'Add Poll'.

Or the same but bottom right Smile
IP Logged
murrays_mint
Seed

MW Prediction & Fantasy League Champion 06/07

Re: Do you think that Tim will announce his retirement this year? « Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 11:07 AM »

I think Wimbledon could be his last tournament, just like Agassi and USO
IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

What was I drinking last night?

Re: Do you think that Tim will announce his retirement this year? « Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 12:38 PM »

I've been looking at Tim's website, and his schedule for this year doesn't go beyond Wimbledon.  It's been like that since the beginning of this year.  Do you think that he's got a big announcement planned, that after Wimbledon, he's going to call it a day?

Andy's website schedule does not go by the Davis Cup is he going to retire in April shocking
IP Logged
Tommy
World No 1

woo hoo

Re: Do you think that Tim will announce his retirement this year? « Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 01:05 PM »

I would say so.
IP Logged
Lionheart
Satellite Level

Re: Do you think that Tim will announce his retirement this year? « Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 06:15 PM »

I would say yes. Henman has had a great tennis career.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Do you think that Tim will announce his retirement this year? « Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 09:01 PM »

Probably!
IP Logged
rafa
Grand Slam Champion

We have unlimited juice?This party is off the hook

Re: Do you think that Tim will announce his retirement this year? « Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 09:26 PM »

I hope he does, I grow weary of his ways  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Do you think that Tim will announce his retirement this year? « Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 12:33 PM »

Nothing worst than memoirs of a former great being tainted by not knowing when to call it a day.

That would be Jimmy Connors... Wink Didn't call it until he was ranked 1080 something...
IP Logged
Tennis-Player
ATP Level

Re: Do you think that Tim will announce his retirement this year? « Reply #12 on: March 12, 2007, 10:14 PM »

Who knows, it's up to him. But he has had a great career. It's unfair that people label him a failure because he hasn't won any Grand Slams - you only need to look at how consistant he has been over the years to realise what a great player he is. You don't achieve as much as he has done if you're not good. Unfortunately his mental toughness was his main weakness, and that's why he hasn't won any GSs IMO. Still a great player though and has done so much for tennis in the UK  clap
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: Do you think that Tim will announce his retirement this year? « Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 10:41 PM »

Yes.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Do you think that Tim will announce his retirement this year? « Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 10:47 PM »

Yes.
I like a decisive man.
[ Last edit by Mark March 12, 2007, 10:56 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »