Andy Murray vs Facundo Arguello, Monday, Estimated time - 4:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  British Tennis  >  Eaton vs Tursunov
Pages: [1] Reply

Eaton vs Tursunov

He gets his first game, I'm loving this! yay
[ Last edit by Mark June 26, 2008, 08:55 PM ] IP Logged

Good luck Chris, 1-1
IP Logged

Awesome atmosphere here!
IP Logged

He's girlfriend is a bit of a hottie! Little tongue man
IP Logged

Loving the atomosphere! I shut my eyes and it feels like the crowd are cheering for me! haha
IP Logged

Awesome atmosphere here!
Yeah it's good the crowd are getting right behind Chris. Hopefully it will help him cmon yeah
IP Logged

Really enjoyed this match, probably my favourite of the tournament so far Smile
IP Logged

He's out but what a match!
[ Last edit by Mark June 26, 2008, 08:13 PM ] IP Logged

Well done, Chris.  clap clap clap

Good performance against a tough opponent.
Next time, you'll have him.  
IP Logged

Here's the post match interview: http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2008-06-26/200806261214511828316.html
IP Logged

Having been at Chris's last four matches is person, his last two qualie matches and his two main draw matchs, no way does he deserve the hype that you and the media have given him. He is pretty much all serve, with some decent volleys, and is good enough from the back to be able to break players like Vanek, Patience and Pashanski just about once a set.  Tursunov is in a completly different league to these players.  He was able to return Eaton's serve a lot easier than the other guys, and hit numerous return winners.  Eaton hit nowhere near as many aces against Tursunov, and way too many double faults. When his serve isn't working he is basically nothing

Boggo and a fully fit Baker could have easily beaten the three guys he beat, as could many of the other top Brits such as Goodall, Slabba Bloomers and Ward. Eaton is basically a one week wonder and will probably end the year in the 300s, being a 'solid' Challenger level player, rather than the solid Futures player he is now.

The difference betwen him and Murray is quite clear.  In 05 Murray destroyd Stepanek (a top 20 player) and should have baten Nalbandian (a top 10 player), while Eaton has beaten no big name.
IP Logged

Interesting Think

Maybe now he has tasted Court 1 at Wimbledon, he'll breakthrough.
IP Logged

Probably not... If any of the young British players deserves a sub forum it's James Ward.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Reply