Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  Elena Baltacha 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21 Go Down Reply
Author

Elena Baltacha

(Read 10556 times)
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Baltacha « Reply #15 on: December 19, 2005, 09:06 PM »

Getting back to the topic ... I hope Baltacha does well but I wanna see more of Jane O'Donaghue  racquet

Has anyone one else been reading about how some woman wants the WTA to reduce the number of tournaments because top players are getting injured??
1. They aren't being forced to do every tournament so they don't have to do every tournament
2.  They shouldn't be building there bodies up like men and over working themselves and get back to just playing tennis and not "Who can hit the ball the hardest everytime they swing"

What do other lady players here think?
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Baltacha « Reply #16 on: December 19, 2005, 09:32 PM »

Quote from: "Josh"
'Success' Think .  I don't think it should be treated as success.  As least you are not the first to reach 1000.  Julia is miles ahead.  1000 posts shows a new level of addictivness. ranting

Alrighty guys  Whistle It's definitly an addiction to me.. i enjoy talking to you guys - and i don't even take any notice of the amount of posts.  dontknow As long as everyone is enjoying themselves and having good conversation...  hug
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Baltacha « Reply #17 on: December 19, 2005, 09:34 PM »

Quote from: "alc.aka.amyc"
2.  They shouldn't be building there bodies up like men and over working themselves and get back to just playing tennis and not "Who can hit the ball the hardest everytime they swing"

Yep definitly agree with that.  goodjob
I feel at the moment.. that women players feel that they have to build themselves up to hit more like men.. instead of focousing on the skill, talent and tactic.
I don't play proffesionally or anything like that - but i sense that sort of attitude even round here. But if everyone is doing it.. i have no other option than practising on speed and force rather than slice etc.  dontknow
IP Logged
Tennis-Player
ATP Level

Baltacha « Reply #18 on: December 27, 2005, 05:20 PM »

Baltacha has the talent - I think we could see that at the Aberdeen Cup. But she's been quite unlucky with injury and there must be something lacking elsewhere. Perhaps the level of training? Who knows.

She could possibly have another good run, but I'll wait and see.

Dan.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Baltacha « Reply #19 on: January 02, 2006, 12:51 PM »

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,5205-1966058,00.html
IP Logged
richie c
Futures Level

Baltacha « Reply #20 on: January 02, 2006, 01:24 PM »

you have to feel for elena what with injuries liver condition the list is endless but she is a real fighter and determined just as murray is I hope she does really well this year she is an exciting player and never gives up go elena
IP Logged
Tennis-Player
ATP Level

Baltacha « Reply #21 on: January 02, 2006, 06:16 PM »

Interesting article  goodjob  Let's hope we'll see some progress soon.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Baltacha « Reply #22 on: January 08, 2006, 12:11 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml;jsessionid=FEJTZWAP1BUNFQFIQMGCFGGAVCBQUIV0?xml=/sport/2006/01/06/stbalt06.xml&sSheet=/sport/2006/01/08/ixtenn.html

Poor Elena....she really gets screwed over by her body at times...
IP Logged
brighton babe
Challenger Level

Neue Jaffageschmack kuchen schlager Andy?

Baltacha « Reply #23 on: January 08, 2006, 12:32 PM »

thanks for the article Laura goodjob
i didn't realise she was Ill, lets hope she gets better in time.
IP Logged
Tennis-Player
ATP Level

Baltacha « Reply #24 on: January 08, 2006, 05:44 PM »

Its' really tough on her. It's always things she can't control that prevents success... because I know she works hard at tennis.

Hope you get well soon  goodjob
IP Logged
richie c
Futures Level

Baltacha « Reply #25 on: January 12, 2006, 06:43 PM »

Baltache has won her first round of qualifying at melbourne park 7/5 6/4 well done u go girl  Wink
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Baltacha « Reply #26 on: January 12, 2006, 08:06 PM »

Yep she has had a tough time.  Did quite well (by our standards) at last year's Aussie open then was injured, or ill, for most of the rest of the year. I wish her luck too.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Baltacha « Reply #27 on: January 12, 2006, 08:45 PM »

All the best to her!  =D> A 2 setter game sounds impressive!!  goodjob
IP Logged
richie c
Futures Level

Baltacha « Reply #28 on: January 14, 2006, 04:45 PM »

poor poor poor Baltache, my heart goes out to her. Their was a good articul in the Daily Mail today about her. Her ranking is going to plunge to around 200 seen as she lost in the second round of qualifying.     Eh?
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Baltacha « Reply #29 on: January 30, 2006, 01:53 PM »

Elena has dropped her ranking place to 198, and Anna Keothavong has taken over British Number One at 122.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »