Andy Murray vs Facundo Arguello, Monday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  British Tennis  >  Elena Baltacha
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 22 Reply

Elena Baltacha

Funny thing is - I never particularly liked Henin. Not her tennis, just her as a person. Have to say watching her at the same slam - she was truly fabulous. But like you much prefer Kim.
IP Logged

Funny thing is - I never particularly liked Henin. Not her tennis, just her as a person. Have to say watching her at the same slam - she was truly fabulous. But like you much prefer Kim.
Kim strikes me as a very pleasant, genuine young lady.  Always like to see her do well.  Henin I also like to see do well, just because she looks so frail, but has a steely determination. 
IP Logged

Don't think Justine was/is that popular on the circuit. Steely determination she does have though.

Looking forward to James playing later but hope it isn't "emergancy ward 10"  stretcher for him against young DOLGOPOLOV duh what a name
IP Logged

Great that Bally got the opening set. Just a pity the way that the other sets went.  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged

I have seen both Williams sisters live, and didn't really enjoy it tbh. I don't enjoy women's tennis much either, but it's incredible how far Baltacha/Watson/Robson are coming atm and perking up my interest as well. I am sure I will watch a few women's matches on Monday as well!
IP Logged

No shame in her result imo cmon yeah Bally!
IP Logged

BBC Sport - 'Nerves got to me' - Baltacha
IP Logged

Haven't watched the video, but a big shame, no doubt. One thing i've noticed, poigniantly today, but other times as well, is how much she lets the opponent see when she is annoyed with herself, like today, she put one return into the net, and she stayed put and sighed and huffed and puffed like she'd netted the ball when the opponent was out of court or something... She was definitely tense.
IP Logged

I was on her court yesterday, she played really well the first 2 sets. It was just always gonna go downhill after she was broken in the 2nd. Real shame. Her serve really went elsewhere in the 3rd set.
IP Logged

I hate the thing she does now walking into the corners after every point, the commentators said it looked like she was talking to the trees.
IP Logged

She talks to the walls etc to help her as if she is talking to a coach haha. She has said it in interviews.
IP Logged

Did Balski (LOL) win their mixed in the end does anyone know?
IP Logged

Did Balski (LOL) win their mixed in the end does anyone know?

No lost in 3.
IP Logged

They won the first set but unfortunately lost the next two sets. Frown

... two responses to the question is better than none. highfive
IP Logged

Ha thanks guys... Very Happy

And whuut? Nowt I like more than a bit of mixed doubles Frown
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 22 Reply